Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA: EU-South America $1,500 in J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AA: EU-South America $1,500 in J

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2016, 7:09 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by nmsondrej
AA has minor schedule change (+50 mins) of my MIA-SCL flight in old J, so I gave them call and they immediately put me into earlier TAM 787 no problem whatsoever ... guess I was lucky as I really needed to be in SCL on time and so tried it.
TAM doesn't have 787s. Only LAN. But TAM has 350s though.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 11:30 am

Programs: Miles&More, Executive Club, AAdvantage, Lifemiles, TopBonus
Originally Posted by nov11
That's why I'm asking
Old Feb 18, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, FB Plat
Originally Posted by nov11
:-)sorry, its LAN of course ... Btw would you know, how can i find their booking reference to assign the seat as AA's not working for LAN segment?
Old Feb 20, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by elsanchez
Has anybody been successful in including TAM flights between the US and Sao Paulo?
No. The fare rules specifically state for travel between the US and south America the flight must be an AA flight number operated by AA
Old Feb 22, 2016, 9:49 am

Is this available in September/October?

Looking for a flight with a US stopover for these dates and unable to price below $2500

Ideally would leave/return to Spain (MAD or BCN) but have no problem OJ'ing in Europe or the US

Thanks!
Old Feb 22, 2016, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Shawn S
Is this available in September/October?

Looking for a flight with a US stopover for these dates and unable to price below $2500

Ideally would leave/return to Spain (MAD or BCN) but have no problem OJ'ing in Europe or the US

Thanks!
Hi m8!
maybe this:
https://www.google.es/flights/?hl=es...9-21;tt=m;sc=b

ot this?

https://www.google.es/flights/?hl=es...9-21;tt=m;sc=b

For a little more you can place the AMS-MAD leg with time enough to make two trips:

https://www.google.es/flights/?hl=es...9-28;tt=m;sc=b
Old Mar 21, 2016, 6:26 pm

AA/OW: LHR-(JFK-)MIA-GRU-SCL-DFW-MAD in J ~$1835 ai

First Post!

Out of LAX, but while playing around with prem fares out of MAD I saw this OJ itin for ~4.6cpm (19957 miles, 39914 eqm) all in J. With added JFK stop it's 4.57cpm (20073 miles, 40146 eqm).

BA's 747 on LHR-JFK/MIA and LAN's 787 on GRU-SCL. AA's features 757 (JFK-MIA), 777 (angle flat), and 787 on this itin too.

Prices out on AA 1835 USD / 1277 GBP.

Dates seem available starting early June going through the fall (didn't check too many dates). Weekend travel available, pricing only seems valid for same-day turn in SCL. Long layover, 11 hours in DFW on return. Can leave LHR Friday and get to MAD Monday morning.

Any tips on positioning from US and getting back too?

http://goo.gl/flights/xUtS
Old Mar 22, 2016, 6:13 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
do these fares also work the other way around?(From South America to EU?)
Old Mar 22, 2016, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by bcsoccer5k
First Post!

Out of LAX, but while playing around with prem fares out of MAD I saw this OJ itin for ~4.6cpm (19957 miles, 39914 eqm) all in J. With added JFK stop it's 4.57cpm (20073 miles, 40146 eqm).

BA's 747 on LHR-JFK/MIA and LAN's 787 on GRU-SCL. AA's features 757 (JFK-MIA), 777 (angle flat), and 787 on this itin too.

Prices out on AA 1835 USD / 1277 GBP.

Dates seem available starting early June going through the fall (didn't check too many dates). Weekend travel available, pricing only seems valid for same-day turn in SCL. Long layover, 11 hours in DFW on return. Can leave LHR Friday and get to MAD Monday morning.

Any tips on positioning from US and getting back too?

http://goo.gl/flights/xUtS
One leg looks to be economy...

American 940 Economy Class Boeing 787
Old Mar 22, 2016, 8:13 pm

It does look to be in econ by it does say "Lie Flat Seat" underneath. Could be an issue with google flights.

Prices went up, but some availability ~2k in September, don't think this works in reverse.

Can position from AMS for a better cpm, ~40k at 4.13cpm

http://goo.gl/flights/yJQu
Old Mar 24, 2016, 2:19 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Pardon the noob question.
I have no OW status and this will be the first trip with them.

What FFP would give more easier access to status on this exEU deal?

I'd say AA considering most of the flights will be on their metal, but being based in Europe I'm unlikely to fly AA often, thus BA may be the obvious choice.

However not sure whether they penalize earnings on someone else's metal like they savagely do in *A.
Thank you for any advice.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 3:18 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
Pardon the noob question.
I have no OW status and this will be the first trip with them.

What FFP would give more easier access to status on this exEU deal?

I'd say AA considering most of the flights will be on their metal, but being based in Europe I'm unlikely to fly AA often, thus BA may be the obvious choice.

However not sure whether they penalize earnings on someone else's metal like they savagely do in *A.
Thank you for any advice.
Flying in business class on OW will generally give you reasonable credit into the BA FF programme.

Depending on how you route this fare, you could get yourself to BA Silver in a single itinerary, for example something like: AMS-LHR-MIA-SCL-MIA-MAD in business class would get you 40 + 140+ 140 + 140 + 140 = 600 tier points which is enough for Silver in the BA Executive Club.

To get Silver you need to fly a minimum of 4 flights on BA though so this could trip you up.

If you flew AMS - LHR - MIA on BA that'd get you 2 flights which would mean that you'd get Bronze in the BA Executive Club and with 2 more BA flights you'd upgrade to Silver (cheap economy tickets would be fine as you'd already have enough tier points and just need to get the minimum number of BA flights).

You could perhaps use BA flights to get yourself to AMS at the start of your trip and from MAD at the end to help with achieving the 4 flights on BA requirement. If you're positioning from any of the UK regions or elsewhere in Europe you'd likely be able to hit the 4 BA flights requirement with your positioning flights so could be more creative with your routing on this fare, going via Helsinki for example in order to maximise the number of Avios earned.

Another thing to consider is to introduce domestic flights in the USA in your routing. If you book through AA these will be sold as First class and attract First Class tier points (60 tier points for trips up to 2000 miles, 210 for trips over 2000 miles). It'd likely be difficult to get BA Gold in a single itinerary, but you could probably get yourself well over 50% there with this fare if you tried hard enough and put in enough short hop US domestic sectors.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 4:19 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Thank you for the helpful advices k_getchell. Greatly appreciated.

For the BA Silver I'm realizing my plans sound too simple and need to throw some segment in the routing.
At the moment is looks like: AMS-LHR-MIA-LIM // CUZ-LIM-MIA-MAD

Definitely one or two domestic US flights would spice things up.

Only 1 BA segment, but with the positioning flights like you suggested I can make the 4 needed.

Working on the itin but any add-on seems to alter the fare rules, including a turnaround at La Paz (LPB).

Last edited by Forrest Bump; Mar 24, 2016 at 4:40 am
Old Mar 24, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
This is great.

I will be having a South America trip and want to utilize this fare for sure. I also see that HEL is possible as start/end point openjaw with reasonable pricing, but I need to select LHR or others further away than ARN to get price down. HEL-...-HEL also possible but price jumps up, still not that bad either. Need to work on ARN-...-HEL a bit more to find...
Old Apr 18, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S

Code:
STOPOVERS	
   2 STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT
     LIMITED TO 1 FREE AND 1 AT GBP 60.00.
     1 FREE IN EUROPE/CONTIGUOUS U.S.A.
     1 IN EUROPE/CONTIGUOUS U.S.A. AT GBP 60.00.
         NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
          STOPOVERS ARE PERMITTED AT EUROPEAN GATEWAY OR
          WITHIN THE CONTINENTAL US WITHIN MPM LIMITS.
   OR - 2 STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT
          LIMITED TO 1 FREE AND 1 AT EUR 75.00.
          1 IN EUROPE/CONTIGUOUS U.S.A. AT EUR 75.00.
   OR - 2 STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT
          LIMITED TO 1 FREE AND 1 AT USD 100.00.
          1 IN EUROPE/CONTIGUOUS U.S.A. AT USD 100.00.

I've been trying to book a couple of these with a stopover one or both ways in the USA. It smacks the pricing up by $1000 even though the rules allow one free and one cheap stopover. Can anyone advise on how to get the pricing to remain in place and who to book it with?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.