Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA: PQD Run from SFO - Need $723 to make premier 1K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2015, 1:45 am
Original Poster

I am $723 short of making premier 1K this year and am looking for ways to get there. I still have 8 unused GPUs from last year and would love to make use of them. Also, have free time starting 25-Dec to 03-Jan and am up for international travel (Although getting tourist visa at such short notice might be tricky).

Any suggestions from fellow travelers?
Old Nov 29, 2015, 2:10 am

Seems like GPU almost impossible to use internationally this year unless you pay almost the business class fare. I say pick someplace you would really enjoy going to domestically and consider a couple of transcontinentals. Although this time of year you could easily spend that on one r/t to New England or Miami sadly.

The other issue with international is all the country fees which wont count towards PQD. I really hate this pqd crap. The least they could do is credit you the entire cost of every ticket, talk about severely diluting the value of flying for miles...
Old Nov 30, 2015, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Why not just find any random flight and upfare as appropriate to hit $723? You don't care about distance, so literally you could book the most expensive fare to LAX/SNA/ONT/DEN/etc and back and be done probably in a few hours. If you want something a bit nicer (in terms of a ride), you could look for a PS flight with R space (very rare nowadays I think) and use the GPU to get the lie flat seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.