Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA: DEN Need 10,270 for Platinum next year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2015, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver

Hi all -

I can travel any time, weekday or weekend, except week Sun 6 Dec - Weds 9 Dec.

Honestly not positive Platinum is worth it again as upgrades didn't make a big difference this year, but just wondering about options.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 12:02 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
This is not a Mileage Run Deal. Please follow this thread in the Discussion Forum.

Pat89339
Moderator, Mileage Run Forum
Old Nov 9, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat

Not worth it at all.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Here's the thing with DEN. It's almost impossible to find a great UA MR starting in DEN because of the lack of competition.

So, with that said, there are some $645 DEN-GRU / DEN-GIG N fares that are pretty solid. You can route through IAD or IAH. That's about 5.7cpm and ~11k

Just remember that it's 100% up to you. Not the poo-poo'ers out there!
Old Nov 9, 2015, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver
Thank you

Sorry for posting in the wrong section and ty for the Brazil flight recs.

So hard to value Platinum versus Gold...I haven't been upgraded much this year but have been #1 on Standby and made it on several times.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 6:12 am

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by JustBreathe
Sorry for posting in the wrong section and ty for the Brazil flight recs.

So hard to value Platinum versus Gold...I haven't been upgraded much this year but have been #1 on Standby and made it on several times.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...merged-50.html

Good luck.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:17 pm

Those were the days......
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Tblack15
Here's the thing with DEN. It's almost impossible to find a great UA MR starting in DEN because of the lack of competition.

So, with that said, there are some $645 DEN-GRU / DEN-GIG N fares that are pretty solid. You can route through IAD or IAH. That's about 5.7cpm and ~11k

Just remember that it's 100% up to you. Not the poo-poo'ers out there!
Agree that DEN is a tough city to Mileage Run from. I will usually take a positioning flight to ORD or SFO for the best deals then route my return back thru DEN if possible, dropping the last leg.

My favorite MR to pick up a big chunk of miles quickly (assuming you have the PQD already) is ORD-HKG-SIN-NRT-DEN-(ORD).

Those fares to GRU and GIG are pretty good but you will need a Brazilian visa as well which is tough to get on short notice (min 8 day turnaround and a couple hundred dollars last time I checked).

I personally have not found Plat worth it and have settled on Gold as the only level below 1K worth achieving. Aside from Group 1 boarding and some other minor perks, Plat just isn't very valuable. You can all but forget about upgrades any longer- most 1Ks and even GS are sitting in the back now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.