Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Couple questions about CGK layover strategy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2015, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat

I'm doing my second MR to CGK in a few weeks, but this time we're transiting on a second RT ticket with MH to KUL. On the outbound, the routing will be DFW-NRT-CGK and then on to KUL. The questions are-

-Will we have to pay the VOA and/or departure tax if we're transferring international to international in the same terminal?

-Our inbound from NRT lands at 12am, and the onward flight to KUL departs at 4:40 am. Are any lounges likely to be open (I've been looking into this, but can't find any recent reports), and in any case, will we be able to stay over airside/in the departures area as my memory is that these areas are nicer/safer.

-We'll have almost 3 hrs in NRT on the way in, likelihood of being able to get our MH boarding passes printed in NRT?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 20, 2015, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA-ex EXP, PLT, LTG, MVP-Gold, UA-Silver, SPG-LTG, PLT, HH-D, Hyatt-D,
No - you will not have to pay VOA.

Unfortunately all lounges close anywhere between 10 pm to midnight and re-open anywhere between 4 am to 6 am.

Find a comfortable chair and camp out

Originally Posted by CruisingAltitude47
I'm doing my second MR to CGK in a few weeks, but this time we're transiting on a second RT ticket with MH to KUL. On the outbound, the routing will be DFW-NRT-CGK and then on to KUL. The questions are-

-Will we have to pay the VOA and/or departure tax if we're transferring international to international in the same terminal?

-Our inbound from NRT lands at 12am, and the onward flight to KUL departs at 4:40 am. Are any lounges likely to be open (I've been looking into this, but can't find any recent reports), and in any case, will we be able to stay over airside/in the departures area as my memory is that these areas are nicer/safer.

-We'll have almost 3 hrs in NRT on the way in, likelihood of being able to get our MH boarding passes printed in NRT?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 21, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hertz Five Star
Agree, I did the same flight from NRT and on my way to DPS from CGK and just had to hang out somewhere for a few hours until my 04XX flight on Lion Air.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.