Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SkyTeam (Aero Mexico) - ORD/LAX/MIA/others to EZE - $1325 - $1500ish

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] SkyTeam (Aero Mexico) - ORD/LAX/MIA/others to EZE - $1325 - $1500ish

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2015, 10:55 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
Availability has dried up on aeromexico.com.
Seemed like availability from LAX dried up yesterday, and today it looked like availability from ORD was heading in the same direction so I just pulled the trigger on one from ORD to EZE in mid-December ... didn't mess with the MasterCard since it seemed like I may lose refundability on at least part of it and my wife will earn Silver Medallion just from those four segments too, so it's not like there is no benefit to paying more in this case.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 11:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by yohanson
I just booked a ticket ORD-MEX-EZE 4-9 November for $1438. I've never been to EZE or any part of Argentina. Anything I should know for those of you that have been there before?
Blue exchange rates! Do not prepay for hotel rooms but settle the bill with (Argentinian) cash when you leave.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jun 15, 2015 at 11:52 am
Old Jun 15, 2015, 11:49 am

If you want to credit to AS, book on AM
Do you mean book on aeromexico.com or make sure that you are flying on AM metal? I am doing both and want to credit to AS, but curious what you mean.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Blue exchange rates! Do not prepay for hotel rooms but settle the bill with cash when you leave.
Please explain what "blue exchange rates" are. Thanks!
Old Jun 15, 2015, 11:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Do you mean book on aeromexico.com or make sure that you are flying on AM metal? I am doing both and want to credit to AS, but curious what you mean.

There's a thread on this in the Argentina destination forum.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Can anyone confirm how MQDs work on this? I'm booked SFO-EZE-SFO, total 12,931 miles (per Great Circle Mapper) in C class. DL says C class on AM is 30% of miles flown. So I should get 12931x0.3= 3879 MQD (for a $1400 ticket)?

If that's correct, then this deal just keeps on getting better!
Old Jun 15, 2015, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by kjnangre
Can anyone confirm how MQDs work on this? I'm booked SFO-EZE-SFO, total 12,931 miles (per Great Circle Mapper) in C class. DL says C class on AM is 30% of miles flown. So I should get 12931x0.3= 3879 MQD (for a $1400 ticket)?

If that's correct, then this deal just keeps on getting better!
Yes that is how it worked for me this year!
Old Jun 15, 2015, 1:15 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
It's the unofficial/blackmarket rate for converting from US dollars into Argentine pesos in such a way that helps some to circumvent Argentine capital and currency convertibilit controls and thereby get a much better exchange rate than the government-managed official exchange rate.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by kjnangre
Isn't MQDs based on ticket price, not distance flown, so $1400 x 30% = 420 MQDs?

Edited to add: Just found this on dl.com: Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) apply to Medallion qualification. Flights marketed and ticketed by partners may earn MQDs based on a percentage of distance flown* as determined by the fare class paid. Sounds like you're correct.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Isn't MQDs based on ticket price, not distance flown, so $1400 x 30% = 420 MQDs?

Edited to add: Just found this on dl.com: Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) apply to Medallion qualification. Flights marketed and ticketed by partners may earn MQDs based on a percentage of distance flown* as determined by the fare class paid. Sounds like you're correct.
Yep I received over $4000 in MQD for my $1400 LAX-MAD flight in business on Alitalia :-)
Old Jun 15, 2015, 3:08 pm

Book on aeromexico. AS will not credit for code share flights so flying on AM metal is a must anyway.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by olouie
Yep I received over $4000 in MQD for my $1400 LAX-MAD flight in business on Alitalia :-)
Great, thanks! I couldn't find any options booking into J (that would have been 200% MQM and 40% MQD) but C is not bad also (150%, 30%)
Old Jun 15, 2015, 3:52 pm

Book on aeromexico. AS will not credit for code share flights so flying on AM metal is a must anyway.
I did book on Aeromexico.com, but wondering why that is important for AS credit? As long as you fly on AM metal, couldn't you book through Orbitz?
Old Jun 15, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Booked two of these ORD-EZE for $1260 each via the Mastercard World Travel service. Saved about $100 on each ticket but lost the refundable option. Life is a trade off and it's still a great deal. Booked into D class.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 4:45 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
I did book on Aeromexico.com, but wondering why that is important for AS credit? As long as you fly on AM metal, couldn't you book through Orbitz?
In all probability, you'll get the AS miles. Just enter your Alaska ff number on the Orbitz booking page and be sure to keep you AM boarding passes and ticket numbers in case you have to file a missing miles claim with AS.

Booking with Orbitz is opaque, and you can't be sure you'll get a published fare or an unpublished one (no miles). But it's better than not going at all if you can't get what you want thru the airline website.

Last edited by Bowgie; Jun 15, 2015 at 5:36 pm
Old Jun 15, 2015, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by tc fly girl
Booked two of these ORD-EZE for $1260 each via the Mastercard World Travel service. Saved about $100 on each ticket but lost the refundable option. Life is a trade off and it's still a great deal. Booked into D class.
You also lose the miles etc on the second ticket. That was enough to put me off of buying through the MC deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.