FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] SkyTeam (Aero Mexico) - ORD/LAX/MIA/others to EZE - $1325 - $1500ish (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1687364-prem-fare-gone-skyteam-aero-mexico-ord-lax-mia-others-eze-1325-1500ish.html)

AlwaysSunnyInORD Jun 12, 2015 11:36 pm

[PREM FARE GONE] SkyTeam (Aero Mexico) - ORD/LAX/MIA/others to EZE - $1325 - $1500ish

RT trip ORD to EZE for around $1500 in Business. Layover in Mexico City. Flight from MEX to EZE is on 787 (lie flat). Admittedly, I don't fly SkyTeam so I am not sure what type of mileage bonus or qualifying miles this might earn. Dates available into 2016.

Bowgie Jun 13, 2015 12:16 am

Other Cities Too

I see LAX-MEX-EZE for $1410. SFO-MEX-EZE for $1378, also.
This is an "I" fare, which should earn 150% MQM's on Delta Skymiles.

I booked 2 x $1410 (non-cancellable) departing Nov 7 from LAX.
For some dates, the small upcharge to the fully-refundable C/J fare is well worth it, but for my dates it was too expansive.

Thanks to the OP, AlwaysSunnyInORD! Especially so for a newish FT'er. Keep up the good work!

olouie Jun 13, 2015 1:00 am

Fully refundable C/J fares are $1500 (ones I tested are C there and J back from SFO). Great deal. Also gets 200% miles and MQM on delta for J.

olouie Jun 13, 2015 2:12 am

I just booked too! Small $50-100 difference in fully refundable J both ways.

Strange thing is that AM confirmation says to call them to finalize booking and get it ticketed. Is this common?

Bowgie Jun 13, 2015 2:48 am

Originally Posted by olouie (Post 24963429)
I just booked too! Small $50-100 difference in fully refundable J both ways.

Strange thing is that AM confirmation says to call them to finalize booking and get it ticketed. Is this common?

No idea, I got an instant e-mail confirmation with ticket numbers using an Amex cc.

BostonGuy Jun 13, 2015 4:50 am

Where is the easiest place to purchase fully refundable if I am a Delta customer?

BostonGuy Jun 13, 2015 5:30 am

Just did it at AeroMexico.com - Premier class Nov 6 - Nov 15 - $1598. It says it is fully refundable and changeable.

Great deal.

Gamecock Jun 13, 2015 6:42 am

Seeing some $1304 out of MIA and a lot in the low $1500 range.

And for our Canadian/*A friends I'm seeing YYZ-EZE $1500, but it is hopping around central and South America on smaller Airbus planes on AV, TACA,and something called Trans American Airlines, which appears to be TACA-Peru. Didn't research it closely, but if stopovers are allowed it might be worth it to somebody.

olouie Jun 13, 2015 8:24 am

Called AM to finalize my booking. AM's systems will reject a lot of US credit cards. I was able to finalized after trying 3 Visas. He did say that AMEX has fewer problems than Visa. This is a AM problem and not CC rejection.

Also changes require reprice if there is a change in date.

Sterndogg Jun 13, 2015 8:29 am

ex-BOS as well from $1514

Also wide open ex-BOS for $1514 ai. Nice find OP.

Bowgie Jun 13, 2015 9:51 am

Originally Posted by BostonGuy (Post 24963714)
Where is the easiest place to purchase fully refundable if I am a Delta customer?

AeroMexico.com

You can enter your Delta Skymiles number. The refundable fare is the one in the last column. However, not all dates are only a little more than the non-refundable one in the next-to-last column. Can't buy this on Delta.com unfortunately.

Bowgie Jun 13, 2015 9:53 am

Originally Posted by olouie (Post 24964214)
Also changes require reprice if there is a change in date.

Yes, that's the normal practice with most any airline.

5DMarkIIguy Jun 13, 2015 9:56 am

How do I know if this is D fare or I fare? I want to credit to AS if it's D fare. ITA shows D for the dates I want.

olouie Jun 13, 2015 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Bowgie (Post 24964501)
Yes, that's the normal practice with most any airline.

Yep I know, just wanted to point that out in case people were booking the Clase Premier and needed to change dates later on.

This is a great deal! I was mad I missed the last round of AM to EZE deals but those were not mileage earning with Delta. Booking fully fare J for $1500 is a steal.

Bowgie Jun 13, 2015 11:18 am

Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy (Post 24964512)
How do I know if this is D fare or I fare? I want to credit to AS if it's D fare. ITA shows D for the dates I want.

This is a tough one. I don't recall the AeroMexico clearly showing the fare basis at any point in the purchase, and it's not on the confirmation either.

If ITA shows "D" for the exact same flights, dates, AND price; then I would assume that's what's being sold to you by AeroMexico.

For earning Delta Skymiles; C,D, and I are the same 150%. "J" is 200%.
I'd certainly be careful if AS only wants to pay miles on "D".

To be sure, I suppose you can call the airline. This isn't an error fare.