Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] JFK-PAR $1700 this Summer - OneWorld Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] JFK-PAR $1700 this Summer - OneWorld Business

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 6:48 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
What I also couldn't get over was the fact that the base fare was $600 and there was over $1000 in taxes and fees. Thanks again!
Don't read too much into that. The money all goes to the same place whether it's labeled as fare or fuel surcharge. The actual taxes are likely around $150-200 of that, and the rest is accounting tricks.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:53 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Thanks, SJC AA. Typically, I recall the taxes to be around $200 to Europe, maybe $300 to the UK and Germany; but I haven't been over there for about a year now. I was just surprised to see the fare break-out. It was almost like booking a inter-Euro flight were the fare was about 30 euros and the taxes were about 100 euros. This was such a great deal though, impossible to pass up. I mean, base miles, class of service bonus, 100% elite status bonus and then the bonus miles even on an I fare ticket, it made more sense to pay up rather than use miles.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:30 am

It's BA tricks. They used to call it "YQ fuel surcharge", but because of dropping price of oil it's now called "carrier surcharge"
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:35 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by shuom
I booked EWR-ORY for 2 with OpenSkies yesterday with the AARP Discount and the Visa Signature discount code using my CSP card (no Chase BA). Came down to $1200/person, which is pretty amazing.
Is there a separate Visa Signature discount code other than the CARDOFFEREU associated with the BA Visa? I tried to use that code with my CSP and the page just kind of stalled out so I went back and used my BA Visa instead.

FDW
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Is there a separate Visa Signature discount code other than the CARDOFFEREU associated with the BA Visa? I tried to use that code with my CSP and the page just kind of stalled out so I went back and used my BA Visa instead.

FDW

I used CARDOFFERU from http://www.britishairways.com/en-us/...visa-signature
Old Apr 20, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz

FDW
I had no issues with using this code with my CSP (4 tickets in total). Such an amazing deal with NYC-PAR business tickets <$1,200.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Thank you, af fp! Great find. I was really looking forward to going to France this summer, but our little AA 757 summer service from BOS is crazy expensive. I suspect a lot of people redeem miles for this flight. Anyways, while it's not NYC, I was able to book PHL to CDG in July for $1701 r/t. For that price, I opted to save the miles. When I went on aa.com to book, it was actually less expensive than economy! What I also couldn't get over was the fact that the base fare was $600 and there was over $1000 in taxes and fees. Thanks again!
Same here, I opted to do the 1701 instead of aarp thing...
I understand I pay more, however, i need the 2500 extra miles, since I route via ORD... and I don't need to do milage run at year end. Thanks OP.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:51 pm

FDW
FYI used the code and it worked with the Southwest Plus card also. I know everyone was saying the Sapphire card would work, not sure if anyone mentioned the Southwest Card already.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:36 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Can BA flights op by Open Skies actually be credited outside BA ie. on AS or AA? Lots of conflicting information out there.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Also, AA.com fares are good until Dec 31 return, while the BA.com fares are good until Oct 31 return.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:55 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
Can BA flights op by Open Skies actually be credited outside BA ie. on AS or AA? Lots of conflicting information out there.
AA, definitely. For AS there is conflicting info.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bonaventure
EC is a wholly owned subsidiary of BA whose planes are painted in BA colours. The airline is BA for almost all purposes, a bit like the relationship between American Airlines and American Eagle. EC is also an affiliate member of oneworld. The flights will credit to oneworld airlines as though they were BA prime flights.

Couldn't say about AS.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Openskies flights show up on the AS.com award engine (wBa flight #s) for redemption w AS miles, so I have to believe they will credit as well.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by Fly2Where
Same here, I opted to do the 1701 instead of aarp thing...
I understand I pay more, however, i need the 2500 extra miles, since I route via ORD... and I don't need to do milage run at year end. Thanks OP.
In addition to the AA flight from PHL to CDG, I added on, what I would consider very inexpensive, flights to ICN via HEL on Finnair. I was able to book in an I fare for about 1700 euros, which at the present is about $1900. I don't think the bonus will apply since I didn't book through AA.com, but it should safeguard against end of year mileage runs. QR also had some great deals from CDG to Asia in J, but I've never flown on Finnair and wanted to give them a try.

Again, a huge thank you to the OP! This should be a fun itinerary.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

In addition to the AA flight from PHL to CDG, I added on, what I would consider very inexpensive, flights to ICN via HEL on Finnair. I was able to book in an I fare for about 1700 euros, which at the present is about $1900. I don't think the bonus will apply since I didn't book through AA.com, but it should safeguard against end of year mileage runs. QR also had some great deals from CDG to Asia in J, but I've never flown on Finnair and wanted to give them a try.

Again, a huge thank you to the OP! This should be a fun itinerary.
Apparently, Finnair is pretty much no-frill. That's what the people in the Finnair forum said when someone asked them to compare it to say, TK. $1900 for Finnair I think is not a good deal, then again, YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.