Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] JFK-PAR $1700 this Summer - OneWorld Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] JFK-PAR $1700 this Summer - OneWorld Business

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2015, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL plat
Originally Posted by Calchas
The fare is still published in the GDS
I noticed that. The return trip PAR-NYC still prices the desired fare, it's the outbound that I cannot shake. Even on the BA site, the return prices as $340 base (half the 680 fare). The outbound has jumped up to over $1000.

Anyone able to explain this? 'I' fare bucket is still available.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by as219
These deals are unreal -- only $150 more than Y in some cases!
With all the discounts factored in, it's definitely less than Y if you book it on BA.com

Originally Posted by Calchas
That is, I think, a mistake, the fare says you can't travel via LHR on the TATL sector, probably someone forgot about LCY.
It's not a mistake, I booked a return trip (out of JFK) via LHR on the outbound and promptly upgraded the JFK-LHR segment to First Class for only 20K Avios, leaving in late June coming back just on time for the Independence Day fireworks, not bad.

Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis
Heads up, if you are crediting to AA if you book on BA with AARP, you will not get the bonus EQP or RDM from the premium fare class bonus'es
Couldn't care -- if you buy the same flights from AA, it will cost you $550 more per person. Given that one can purchase AA/US miles for as low as $0.018 / mile when they run sales, $550 = approximately 30000 miles - double that to 60000+ miles if you are two people. There is no contest, everyone should have bought from BA.com

Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis
The new Iberia J from MAD>JFK is very nice, did it about a month and a half ago.
Agreed IB J out of MAD is very nice. But what's even nicer to know is that you could have bought that flight using Avios for only 34K miles without any surcharges because IB does not charge extra for redeeming on its own metal. And you could even do cash + miles for that booking and booked flight for merely 17K miles + less than $200 USD. Considering the IB J award is a low cost option that can be have at almost anytime, it would be preferable to take this opportunity to try out Open Skies out of ORY because it has some features of BA F such as pajama and better menus than regular Club World.

I understand if you are a pure AA person, then the above opportunities do not apply to you but it is sure nice to have other options even though AAdvantage is a very nice program.

Last edited by Guava; Apr 16, 2015 at 8:13 pm
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:15 pm
BCH

Must be gone? We were hoping to go on June 13 (or so) through June 21 (or so) but cannot find any fares. It's too bad because I'm an AARP member, too.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Gone!

Gone!

Oh I feel so great about having pulled that trigger at the right time, three times.

No worries other people: you can still use La Compagnie. If you are near EWR I think it is worth trying for many.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:26 pm

Still very possible. I am finding $1,700 from PHL and $1,950 in a simple search on Google Flights. Must book on US or AA it appears.

EDIT: PHL-CDG is open for ~$1,700 every day until early Sept. per Google Flights - Works on Delta and US Airways
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pewpew
PHL still has some US/BA/AA as well.

No love from *A, eh?
Indeed, PHL to CDG is a crazy deal, and not that far from EWR.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:04 pm

Thanks to folks who mentioned PHL. Was able to get 3 tix for $1700 each just now on US. 7/31-8/14 Sweet deal.

Last edited by mkadilla; Apr 16, 2015 at 10:14 pm
Old Apr 17, 2015, 12:12 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Too bad there is no love from west coast.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 1:49 am

Programs: AA
Just about the AA seats between JFK & Paris. I flew this route several times, some recent as well. Some flights are upgraded to full flat beds but some not. You can easily check that on AA website.

For open sky flights, I couldn't find any lounge at Orly(?) when I was flying out of Paris. And the service and seats on Open Sky were not that impressive either, so I would say AA's new flat seat from CDG would be better.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 2:10 am

Programs: AA EXP
I see the PHL-CDG deal still on US/AA but no longer on BA.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 3:24 am

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Originally Posted by sony2012
Just about the AA seats between JFK & Paris. I flew this route several times, some recent as well. Some flights are upgraded to full flat beds but some not. You can easily check that on AA website.

For open sky flights, I couldn't find any lounge at Orly(?) when I was flying out of Paris. And the service and seats on Open Sky were not that impressive either, so I would say AA's new flat seat from CDG would be better.
Lounge is above other side of Terminal (Hall 1), abt 3-5 minutes walk from Openskies check-in counters (Hall 3), before immigration/security, 2nd floor. Operated by Iberia, mostly for IB, TP, welcomes BA and all OW. Pleasant enough, not stellar, food and drinks OK.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sony2012

AA has a tendency to switch out aircraft in the last minute. You will never know for sure whether their Business class has full flat beds or not and there is a good chance you will end up with angled seat. With Open Skies, you are guaranteed to get full flat beds and turndown / sleeper service closer to that of BA First than BA Club World.

Service is highly contingent on the crew you get, but one thing for sure is that Open Skies has a smaller business class cabin so it will feel more intimate and that means the service should be more personalized based on lower pax per FA ratios. Food should be better as well since it's more a hybrid between BA First and Club World.

Admiral Club in CDG vs. Iberia VIP Lounge in Orly - neither worth spending significant amount of time.

Not saying flying AA out of CDG is not a good idea, it comes down to the fact that you can fly AA Business to/from so many other areas but Open Skies only travels between Paris and New York so in that sense, why not take this opportunity to fly a unique airline? I could always fly AA Business to places with lesser competition, like to South America where AA doesn't need to compete with a bunch of European and Asian carriers, therefore, make choosing AA more easily justifiable in premium cabin.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 9:42 am

Programs: Hhonors Gold, DL PM
There's still availability on DL ex-PHL, unfortunately nothing from the west coast. DL.com will also price out an ATL-PHL-CDG for slightly more.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:37 am
Original Poster

JFK to CDG is alive again, under a Finnair codeshare at $1698 it seems.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by af fp
JFK to CDG is alive again, under a Finnair codeshare at $1698 it seems.
where are you finding this? I see NYC-PAR at $2300

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.