Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] JFK-CTA AA/LX USD$187 RT ai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] JFK-CTA AA/LX USD$187 RT ai

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2014, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by anandrag
Thx. I can't go for that long. Can only go for weekend leaving Fri and back Sun/Mon
10/24-10/26 was back for a moment about 10 minutes ago on Cheapoair, it showed 1 seat left but has seemingly disappeared now. Someone must have snagged it.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by cmd320
It seems most are booking into Swiss stock.
Yep, same here. How does mileage accrual work in such scenario? Can you credit the AA leg to AAdvantage and the Swiss leg to United/*A? Thanks!
Old Sep 14, 2014, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Anyone seeing anything that returns into the US by Oct. 26 or departs JFK on/after Nov. 6? I almost booked the Oct. 24-26 trip, but it arrived too late in the US on the 27th to make my flights on the 27th, which can't be SDC'd since they're to Asia.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 8:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
11/7-11/9 on cheapo for 300
Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:06 pm

Programs: American Platinum, Delta
Booked about 2 hours ago on cheapo and still no ticket number. Looked up my record locator on as.com and still showing status unknown.

Anyone else who booked later on in the day with ticket numbers?
Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by GlobalMischa
Yep, same here. How does mileage accrual work in such scenario? Can you credit the AA leg to AAdvantage and the Swiss leg to United/*A? Thanks!
Cheapo gave me 3 separate PNRs. AA booked into O class so both the TATL segments SHOULD be eligible for standard 100% EQM and 50% EQP. I say should only because I'm not sure if this is some kind of specific consolidator fare or something that doesn't accrue anything. For Swiss and Alitalia if your itinerary includes that you should be able to add your preferred *A or SkyTeam partner respectively.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by frank_10b
strange I booked cheapo at 6pm ET I had an email with record locators right after, but status on AA still shows as "unknown"
Booked at 4pm ET and still showing unknown on AA and pending on CheapoAir. Was able to view the ticket with the LX PNR on their site, though not with the AZ PNR on their site.

Haven't seen it show as pending on my CC, so not sure what to make of this..
Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Darn, CTA is on my list of places to visit but the dates are impossible for me
Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:12 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Cheapo gave me 3 separate PNRs.
Is there some risk there if you misconnect? AA would surely look after you if you had One World partner flights on separate PNRs, but how about AA and other airlines? What happens if you don't make the AA flight home and it's on a totally different PNR, or the AA flight into Rome is late and you don't make the onward connection, on a separate PNR, from there?
Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:19 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3247 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by tom911
Cheapo gave me 3 separate PNRs.
Is there some risk there if you misconnect? AA would surely look after you if you had One World partner flights on separate PNRs, but how about AA and other airlines? What happens if you don't make the AA flight home and it's on a totally different PNR, or the AA flight into Rome is late and you don't make the onward connection, on a separate PNR, from there?
Different reservation systems use different PNRs.. I'd worry more if he was given three ticket numbers.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by GlobalMischa
The LX (operated by WK) will accrue RDMs on certain fare classes if credited to UA
Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by tom911
If all Ticketed on Swiss (even with several PNR's) Swiss will ensure your travel. I booked with Cheapo with the NGO (flash sale a few months ago) Few different PNR's as well (but ticketed on NH) Had a scheduke change I did not like from AC and Cheapo had a 3 way call with me to NH and gave me my prefered routing

As an aside: I see many posts on this fare from people with less than 20 posts on FT (some less than 10) Gosh the Newbies are very smart these days "Welecome to FT, you guys!!)
Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, CC Gld, Marriott Gld
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Booked at 4pm ET and still showing unknown on AA and pending on CheapoAir. Was able to view the ticket with the LX PNR on their site, though not with the AZ PNR on their site.

Haven't seen it show as pending on my CC, so not sure what to make of this..
Only booked at 11PM ET but my ticket showing unknown on AA as well. However my card was charged.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:41 pm

Does anyone see anything for Canadian Thanksgiving weekend? (Oct 9-13)
Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:41 pm

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
I'm finishing up on the phone with American Airlines right now. Four of my bookings went through, my fifth one did not. She told me AA is working with Swiss to get any tickets not already issued halted in process. As a one time exception, the supervisor is honoring the $189 fare I was quoted through Cheapoair (she could see the pricing record), and issuing it on AA stock so that I can apply an upgrade to the itinerary.

Thanks again for the great deal, much appreciated! Have a good night!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.