Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dead Week in December

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Dead Week in December

The Mrs. and I have flexible schedules and would like to leave the kiddos home and do a trip. We can travel during December Dead week and give or take a week. Our preference is to fly UA somewhere warm. Does anyone know of any fun and/or exciting places and/or the best time to purchase? We'll be flying from PDX. (Related to this board, I don't need miles but the Mrs. does, however, such is not necessarily dispositive)

Bonus: if someone would like to comment on finding any fun all-inclusives for that time, we are open ears.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by dcpdxtrans
The Mrs. and I have flexible schedules and would like to leave the kiddos home and do a trip. We can travel during December Dead week and give or take a week. Our preference is to fly UA somewhere warm. Does anyone know of any fun and/or exciting places and/or the best time to purchase? We'll be flying from PDX. (Related to this board, I don't need miles but the Mrs. does, however, such is not necessarily dispositive)

Bonus: if someone would like to comment on finding any fun all-inclusives for that time, we are open ears.
SJU was cheap on UA from PDX a few days ago (about $389 IIRC). Good destination in itself or grab an island hopper to US or BVIs.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, PV. It looks like we are probably going to the South Pacific. There are some great deals to be had.

We are booking through an agency that has confirmed the air tickets are NOT bulk air tickets for NZ. In one direction, our fare class codes confer UA miles but not the other. PQD is not an issue but PQM are.

Q: If the air ticket is bulk, how would one know with certainty?
Q2: We would like to UG (without paying $$ though we may in the end). Thoughts on securing an UG prior to or after purchase?
Old Sep 4, 2014, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA, DL, US
A post in "Good Deals" showed a December departure from PDX to HON for $389 in Sept/Oct. Just looked and saw December in the mid-400s. Still not bad.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Mods: This has nothing to do with Mileage Runs.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by Panthersfan87
A post in "Good Deals" showed a December departure from PDX to HON for $389 in Sept/Oct. Just looked and saw December in the mid-400s. Still not bad.
Why would you want to goto South Dakota in December?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.