Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DTW-NGO $272.27 13642 miles 1.9cpm ai rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] DTW-NGO $272.27 13642 miles 1.9cpm ai rt

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by Nicksterguy
Yes - there is a chance. In my experience cheapoair and cheaptickets (although I cannot find this one on CT), are better that vayama. Vayama seems to take longer and looks for omissions like FDs etc.
I know but couldn't find dates elsewhere. Still hasn't ticketed so likely won't imho will update if that changes. I would never use Vayama because of this with a real ticket.
Cheers
Howie
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by hobo13
That would be me right now.....

20 mins since booking verification email -- nothing else. Probably not a good sign, eh?
I had tickets successfully issued by Vayama after 1-2 hours. That alone is not a sign there will be a problem. The report that a similar fare was recently NOT ticketed by Vayama is much more concerning
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:47 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cfischer
I had tickets successfully issued by Vayama after 1-2 hours. That alone is not a sign there will be a problem. The report that a similar fare was recently NOT ticketed by Vayama is much more concerning

Sucks, cause I had CheapO pulled up, ready to ticket. But started to get cute with the dates..... you'd think I'd know better!

Funny how I can book a mega-ton of GF tickets at $1750 last Saturday morning, but can't pull the trigger on sub $200 this week. (Of course, those are easily refundable.) Oh well..
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:47 am
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
How can I choose seats?

Jussssst kidding!
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Funny how all the people coming out of the woodwork to say this booked this a week ago..... would be nice to post it.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: I miss US Airways
Originally Posted by hsk
How can I choose seats?

Jussssst kidding!
You know the first thing to always do is call the airline
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:56 am

Programs: *A G, OW Sapphire
Funny how all the people coming out of the woodwork to say this booked this a week ago..... would be nice to post it.
+1
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:58 am

has anyone ever used bookairfare.com?
Old Jun 14, 2014, 11:00 am

Programs: AA ExPlat; Marriott Plat: Hilton Gold
Agreed - or should I say greed?
Old Jun 14, 2014, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Since the deal is now dead, I'd just like to point out that even the "new" price around USD755 is a pretty good fare to Japan a/i.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by Nicksterguy
Agreed - or should I say greed?
That gets into a whole convo about the ethics of posting/not posting to the MR forum. Since this place has become a bit of a "wild west" over the years, with people posting commercial links to booking engines, airline lurkers monitoring for fare mistakes, etc. I don't really blame anyone for not posting. Personally, I would have posted, though perhaps in the "trick it" thread to bury it a bit.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 11:04 am

Got as far as the checkout screen on cheapoair.com and it returned saying fare unavailable. Drat!
Old Jun 14, 2014, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
They ticketed me!
Old Jun 14, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Quick Question regarding MP Credit for these flights. I booked on Cheap O and confired on ANA Ticket Stock. 3 Carriers Involved AC (Air Canada) NX (Air Macau, albeit 1 flight operated by ANA) and NH(ANA) How do we enter our MP for Earnings. All Flights seem to credit 100% to UA so want to know whats the best way. AC you cant place it online as it was booked elsewhere and ANA on pulls up the one flight> any one else have an idea. Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Jun 14, 2014, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by stockmanjr
They ticketed me!
^ get your DOT complaint ready for the cancellation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.