Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: boxo
As indicated in the thread title, this deal is now dead.

How do I manage my itinerary/check my booking/select seats?

Note that the displayed receipt will be incorrect ($5 higher than actual) owing to a programming error. The taxes/fees shown includes the original $5 WF booking fee. Do not worry about this; it does not change the amount you are actually billed.
How many miles will I earn on United from my flight?
Here's the UA master page listing airline partners. If you click on a partner logo, you'll see a page containing a chart showing the yield for flights taken on partner metal. (It even says explicitly that it's the metal that counts: "The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class.")

MileagePlus (UA) earning charts for
Will I do better if I credit to another *A carrier instead?
Maybe.

Miles&More (LH, LX,...) earning charts for
  • United Airlines (UA) (K, L, T fares earn 50%, 25% for flights in 2014)
  • Lufthansa (LH) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Swiss (LX) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Air Canada (AC) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)

Here's the master list of partner earning charts for Aegean (A3) and here's the list for Turkish Airlines (TK).
Are there other FlyerTalk members flying when I am?
Quite possibly! There is a meetup thread on the CommunityBuzz forum. Post if you would like to participate.
Travel reports
Booking/ticketing reports, now largely academic, may be viewed in the wiki history.

Please report below any completed flights and/or difficulties encountered (checking in, boarding, etc.) that appear related to the booking circumstances.
  • Post #2428 reported arriving in STR on 11/28/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2670 reported arriving in MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2680 reported traveling EWR-MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:53 am

Programs: Enough
Originally Posted by danpeake
Has your reservation ticketed yet? It's only there once it tickets.
It's showing up as ticketed.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:55 am

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 6rugrats
Simply pull up your itinerary and click on "view E-receipt"
Not working for me. I get the following error message:

We were unable to process your eTicket receipt. Processing may take up to 15 minutes.

If you continue to have problems obtaining a receipt, please contact 1-800-UNITED-1 (1-800-864-8331) or send an e-mail to [email protected] for assistance.
If you would like to request a new receipt and you completed your travel within the past 7 days, please click here and follow the instructions provided.
Thank you for choosing United Airlines

I've been trying for two hours to get the receipt, and no dice.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:55 am

BTW, how do we attach images to posts? Thanks.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold) / SPG Gold / Intercontinental Ambassador / AMEX Platinum
MAN wish my tlv flight was refundable.
oh well.

Originally Posted by tys90
Got both EWR-MXP and ORD-TLV ticketed after buying at ~5PM EST yesterday but couldn't find anything decent for positioning and my travel partner couldn't make it on either trip so I've cancelled. Such a shame but it was the practical thing to do.
what dates for ord-tlv did you get to work originally?

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
any good destinations left?

I have been following this ever since last night. Did not know about it till later
Anyways, Are there any cheap fares left to DXB or SYD or any other interesting destination besides NYC-MXP ? if so, what dates?

Thanks
PS
I know I got in on this late ...
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by durberville
It's showing up as ticketed.
I'm having the same issue as you, durberville. Showing as ticketed, got the email receipt from Wideroe, but can't get a UA receipt.

The $$ are all messed up on mine too on the confirmation page.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:58 am

Programs: free agent
How soon you guys plan to reserve hotels, reposition flights (i need to get to LAX from DC area to start my syd flight on dec 9).. want to do it but afraid that UA will throw hammer tomorrow or so (my lax-syd flight got ticketed around 3 AM).
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
Originally Posted by Brituchenite
Not working for me. I get the following error message:

We were unable to process your eTicket receipt. Processing may take up to 15 minutes.

I've been trying for two hours to get the receipt, and no dice.
I don't know why there's a problem for you. I just go to "Reservations", then click on "view all reservations" in the lower right hand corner.

It pulls them all up. Then I go to the reservation I want and it offers me the option to click on "view receipt". Maybe it's just taking a while for you? I'd wait and check it in an hour or so.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:59 am
jmw

As a reminder, do not call for any reason.

Do not call. I have major problems with my ticket, and I'm not going to call.

Do not call. If your receipt doesn't show up, don't call.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by jmw
As a reminder, do not call for any reason.

Do not call. I have major problems with my ticket, and I'm not going to call.

Do not call. If your receipt doesn't show up, don't call.

Don't worry! I am not going to call. It shows the ticket as ticketed and confirmed, and I have my Wideroe E-Tkt, receipt, etc.

I am sure it will work itself out.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:02 am
jmw

Originally Posted by Putt86
How soon you guys plan to reserve hotels, reposition flights (i need to get to LAX from DC area to start my syd flight on dec 9).. want to do it but afraid that UA will throw hammer tomorrow or so (my lax-syd flight got ticketed around 3 AM).
My plan is to wait as long as possible before booking anything that can't be cancelled for free. With a Dec 9 date, I can see waiting is not much of an option.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:03 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Premier Plat, UA Plat
IAH-CPH-IAH purchased 5:07pm CT yesterday, ticketed 5:05am CT today (so 12 hrs). ^

Ticketed as non-ref but pricing all correctly.

Good luck everyone!
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by durberville
Mind helping me out? I cannot visually locate it, and a "find" search brings up nothing.

This is all I see:

back out to the Manage My Reservations page and you will see it there
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:04 am

For a receipt, you can also try looking up your ticket on the Saudia Web site (http://www.saudiairlines.com/ -> "Manage My Bookings") using your e-ticket number. I see a receipt there for a friend's booking that ticketed this morning (and it matches the UA breakdown).

Last edited by st1575; Nov 24, 2013 at 10:07 am Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.