FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1524370-fare-gone-ua-ewr-europe-370-return.html)

flyer31 Nov 24, 2013 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by dogloverjb (Post 21846217)
Everyone keeps referencing this link on Wideroe site. Many of us don't see any links or any "top of page" with links or tabs. My page always opened up with booking info only (from, to, date, etc.) on Explorer and Chrome. This is why people are posting. If anyone has a link that takes them to a page with the link to cancel, it might help to post it, although the links don't always launch to the same page for others.

Thanks dude. I followed your advice and my ticket now stands cancelled.

iamife Nov 24, 2013 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by jackal (Post 21846179)
That's why I set an alarm for every 1.5 hours to wake up and briefly check my email for updates. :cool:

Desperate times call for desperate measures and all...

I love your style... that's the attitude.

saranyc Nov 24, 2013 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by flyer31 (Post 21846214)
I recd a email from wideroe confirming cancellation and issue of my refund. My ticket still shows as confirmed on United.com

Dear Sir/Madam

We herby confirm that your ticket 701-XXXXXXXXX is cancelled.
The refund of USD 359.92,- will be transferred to the same credit card that paid for the reservation.
Reason: Cnl by customer via WEB
Please allow us 3 to 5 workdays before the refund is completed.

Just to confirm, you canceled the ticket(s) yourself, correct? They didn't cancel your tickets on their own, right?

iamife Nov 24, 2013 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by saranyc (Post 21846238)
Just to confirm, you canceled the ticket(s) yourself, correct? They didn't cancel your tickets on their own, right?

He cancelled him/herself

B747forever Nov 24, 2013 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by MileageAddict (Post 21846225)

Thanks. Amazing how much airlines can screw up!

Hyacinthe Nov 24, 2013 2:43 pm

It says in the email :

Originally Posted by flyer31 (Post 21846214)
Reason: Cnl by customer via WEB

stinger101 Nov 24, 2013 2:45 pm

So i went and checked my res again on .bomb and it used to say the exact time when it was ticketed and i could view the receipt at the bottom. Now it just says ticketed and confirmed but no time and no link to click on receipt. Strange. Anyone else? I have ticket numbers and they show up on CMT.

hobo13 Nov 24, 2013 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by MileageAddict (Post 21846225)

A greatest hits list would not be complete without CNZ... perhaps the grand daddy of the modern era. United's C cabin was virtually 'sold out' for weeks on end through this one. Ah, the memories.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...80-00-all.html

flyer31 Nov 24, 2013 2:48 pm

Yes I cancelled my ticket.

flyer31 Nov 24, 2013 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by hobo13 (Post 21846112)
So, I found that there are 2 routes to cancel on Wideroe's website. The "My Trip" link that you can have sent to you by going to the "My Trips" button on the right of the homepage seems to work, as you say, only for ticketed itineraries.

For itineraries that haven't been ticketed yet, I got a cancel button and successfully was able to cancel by doing the following:

- From the home page, under the search boxes, click "advanced search."
- Once you load that page, there is a tiny link under the lady's face in the upper right corner that says "my trips"
- Once that page loads, you will be able to bring up your itinerary with just the Wideroe locator and the last name of the passenger.
- There should be a cancel button on that page for itineraries that haven't been ticketed.

I wasn't able to use this method for ticketed itineraries - once ticketed the cancel button mysteriously disappears. But I did cancel one unticketed reservation successfully.

I went to the website and requested for a link to cancel my reservation via email. I received the email in a minute and followed the link on the email to cancel my ticket.

meehgz Nov 24, 2013 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by hobo13 (Post 21846112)
So, I found that there are 2 routes to cancel on Wideroe's website. The "My Trip" link that you can have sent to you by going to the "My Trips" button on the right of the homepage seems to work, as you say, only for ticketed itineraries.

For itineraries that haven't been ticketed yet, I got a cancel button and successfully was able to cancel by doing the following:

- From the home page, under the search boxes, click "advanced search."
- Once you load that page, there is a tiny link under the lady's face in the upper right corner that says "my trips"
- Once that page loads, you will be able to bring up your itinerary with just the Wideroe locator and the last name of the passenger.
- There should be a cancel button on that page for itineraries that haven't been ticketed.

I wasn't able to use this method for ticketed itineraries - once ticketed the cancel button mysteriously disappears. But I did cancel one unticketed reservation successfully.

Tried both on my non-ticketed LGA-MXP AC itinerary (booked 1:49pm EST today for any data points), neither worked - but I must have been trying at exactly the wrong time for both since I got the ticketed email from Wideroe a couple of minutes later haha. I was able to hit the cancel link in the email and have supposedly successfully canceled it. Now need to decide if I should keep the second LGA-MXP booking once that tickets...

hobo13 Nov 24, 2013 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by flyer31 (Post 21846303)
I went to the website and requested for a link to cancel my reservation via email. I received the email in a minute and followed the link on the email to cancel my ticket.

Did you read my other post? (Probably not cause this thread grows fast.)

If you misspelled your email address, requesting a link via email DOES NOT WORK.

fqtv_kraven Nov 24, 2013 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by PrivatePilot (Post 21846203)
  • WF gets hundred of thousands of dollars in booking fees they would otherwise never get. As far as UA getting mad at WF, its a one time oopsy that was fixed so doubt UA will drop the interline agreement

Don't forget the sh*tloads of NOK they're hoarding right now and they're free to play with the money until UA bills them which will be after departure of every coupon!

United747 Nov 24, 2013 2:58 pm

My reservation just ticketed and I got an email from AMEX about the transaction. Unfortunately, I just talked with a client of mine, and he will need me during that time, so I just cancelled. Good luck to everyone!

ThePointsCollector Nov 24, 2013 2:58 pm

So many deals, so little time :( Sucks for those of us with kids in school.
I was on this deal at 11 am and wanted to book just something. Ahrrr...
Good luck to those whos going somewhere.