FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1524370-fare-gone-ua-ewr-europe-370-return.html)

Stgermainparis Nov 24, 2013 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by thaijplily (Post 21845388)
nothing is available any more, except for NYC-MXP on AC :(

I was so close to jumping on that but it's 2 connections both ways at 15-17 hours. For my dates, non-stop EWR-MXP is only $200 more.

dedkends Nov 24, 2013 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by jesslonguf (Post 21844989)
I can't get it to work, assuming you are referring to the Air Canada flights.

Wideroe sends me a confirmation number via e-mail after purchase. When I try to look up info on both Air Canada and Wideroe's site, I am told the confirmation number is not recognized. I never got any sort of e-mail from Wideroe that my booking was cancelled, though.

I am going to keep trying.

Originally Posted by ivk5 (Post 21845288)
Same here, I just successfully booked LGA-MIL for Jan 18-20 for ~286 USD. Will see if it tickets.

Just booked LGA-MXP. Not holding my breath.

ilovesf Nov 24, 2013 12:02 pm

I just got JFK - MXP for $254 for March 6-13. It's on AC though so who knows if it will stick.

jesslonguf Nov 24, 2013 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by dedkends (Post 21845406)
Just booked LGA-MXP. Not holding my breath.

I was able to get an AC confirmation code. I'm just waiting on ticketing and a CC charge now, but since someone earlier got a ticket for an AC flight, I am feeling a lot more hopeful.

SFOvacations Nov 24, 2013 12:05 pm

Got my SFO-DXB ticketed overnight. Now thinking about another trip to Europe in September, but have to factor in re-positioning cost this time...

MissMiles Nov 24, 2013 12:06 pm

UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Yeah I just looked. Seems like LGA-MXP is still low but that's with 2 connections. That's so annoying.

MissMiles Nov 24, 2013 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by ilovesf (Post 21845409)
I just got JFK - MXP for $254 for March 6-13. It's on AC though so who knows if it will stick.

Nonstop?

jerryhung Nov 24, 2013 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by wudxoc (Post 21845244)
First heard of this deal yesterday evening and thought I might have missed out. Gave it a shot and tried booking JFK-MXP for early February. Booked at 04:52 EST early this morning. Pending charge on my CC for the booking. Got Receipt e-Ticket from Widerĝe at 13:19 EST.

I don't want to get ahead of myself but I'm not exactly sure what this means for me. Flights are on AC and don't see any related information there...

I assume you're Edwin on TFD reply?

I booked my LGA-*-MXP around 6 am EST, just got email alert my Cap1 Aspire card (real-time pending authorization) got charged $923 CAD ($873 USD for 2A1C1infant) at 1:20pm EST, no invoice email yet, so hoping that comes soon

I couldn't look up on AirCanada.com with my reservation PNR (even though it shows on CheckMyTrip.com)
I intentionally did NOT give them my AC # either as I wanted to use my A3 *A Gold later

ivk5 Nov 24, 2013 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by jesslonguf (Post 21844989)
I can't get it to work, assuming you are referring to the Air Canada flights.

Wideroe sends me a confirmation number via e-mail after purchase. When I try to look up info on both Air Canada and Wideroe's site, I am told the confirmation number is not recognized. I never got any sort of e-mail from Wideroe that my booking was cancelled, though.

I am going to keep trying.

Seems unremarkable to me. For the ones I booked with UA codeshares on LH metal, the WF PNR doesn't match the UA or LH PNRs either, it just happens that it popped up on my Mileage Plus radar because I gave my UA MP # to WF at booking time.

The trick with the AC ones is going to be to figure out how to get the AC PNR without calling either AC or WF. If anyone has any ideas, I think a lot of us could use the tip.

In retrospect, probably would have been better to give AC # at booking time and then change it to UA later...

wudxoc Nov 24, 2013 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by jesslonguf (Post 21845427)
I was able to get an AC confirmation code. I'm just waiting on ticketing and a CC charge now, but since someone earlier got a ticket for an AC flight, I am feeling a lot more hopeful.

When/how did you get the AC confirmation code?

FirstClassSE Nov 24, 2013 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by MissMiles (Post 21845440)
Nonstop?

No, these flights have stopover in YUL or YYZ and one stop in Europe.

Jigen666 Nov 24, 2013 12:10 pm

Did anybody book a flight that goes out this week? I'm curious to know if UA will react oddly to any PAX that has a ticket.

If not, I've got a ticket booked for 12/3. So I may be one of the first canaries in the coal mine. :)

Will keep you appraised.

wudxoc Nov 24, 2013 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung (Post 21845446)
I assume you're Edwin on TFD reply?

I booked my LGA-*-MXP around 6 am EST, just got email alert my Cap1 Aspire card (real-time pending authorization) got charged $923 CAD ($873 USD for 2A1C1infant) at 1:20pm EST, no invoice email yet, so hoping that comes soon

I couldn't look up on AirCanada.com with my reservation PNR (even though it shows on CheckMyTrip.com)

Yep that's me. The only missing piece is still AC for me.

jesslonguf Nov 24, 2013 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by ivk5 (Post 21845445)
Seems unremarkable to me. For the ones I booked with UA codeshares on LH metal, the WF PNR doesn't match the UA or LH PNRs either, it just happens that it popped up on my Mileage Plus radar because I gave my UA MP # to WF at booking time.

The trick with the AC ones is going to be to figure out how to get the AC PNR without calling either AC or WF. If anyone has any ideas, I think a lot of us could use the tip.

In retrospect, probably would have been better to give AC # at booking time and then change it to UA later...

The AC # is on checkmytrip. Pull up the trip, click on more details for flight #1, and it will say "Confirmation Number:Air Canada XXXXXX"

United747 Nov 24, 2013 12:12 pm

I just booked LGA-MXP for early March. I will update if ticketed. Price was about $262