FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1524370-fare-gone-ua-ewr-europe-370-return.html)

wijomas Nov 23, 2013 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by imgonnafly (Post 21842319)
So if UA charges this little airline the fuel surcharge, our PQD should actually be *more* than what we actually paid, right?

Doesn't PQD only earn on UA ticketed flights? This is ticketed on wideroe stock

wijomas Nov 23, 2013 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by hobo13 (Post 21842330)
The 24 hour cancellation window starts when you actually have a ticket.

Is that in writing somewhere? Mine said "All reservations may be cancelled without charge within 24 hours after reservation is made."

DCA1983 Nov 23, 2013 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by s2000hku (Post 21842276)
Booked EWR-MXP at 3:45pm est and got rejected by Amex at 9:34pm due to fraud alert. I updated cc and got ticketed at 10:07pm.

same here IAD-JFK//EWR-MXP and return; booked at 440 PM ET, had an amex fraud alert about half an hour ago, it just ticketed awhile ago. boom.

SanAngeles Nov 23, 2013 10:08 pm

My credit card company blocked the transaction. Now I need to send the CC info again to Wideroe. I take this as a good sign.

Brituchenite Nov 23, 2013 10:09 pm

Booked at 6:20pm; EWR-DXB. Not yet ticketed.

I'm going to bed! If it's ticketed in the morning I shall do a happy dance. If it is not, then I shall not do the happy dance, but won't be crying into my cornflakes. You win some, you lose some, and you just move on.

Good luck to everyone! Hope we all ticket.

DCA1983 Nov 23, 2013 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by SanAngeles (Post 21842343)
My credit card company blocked the transaction. Now I need to send the CC info again to Wideroe. I take this as a good sign.

yep, within about 30 mins after I got that same notice, it re-charged the card, went through, and it ticketed.

That said....United shows it as ticketed, I haven't gotten an email from the Norwegians just yet.

Brituchenite Nov 23, 2013 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by SanAngeles (Post 21842343)

How do you know the CC company blocked the transaction? Did they call you? text you? email you? Or did Wideroe contact you?

Which CC company? I used my Pres Plus Chase Mastercard

imgonnafly Nov 23, 2013 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by wijomas (Post 21842336)
Doesn't PQD only earn on UA ticketed flights? This is ticketed on wideroe stock

if it's UA metal, it should count for pqd, no?

Brituchenite Nov 23, 2013 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by imgonnafly (Post 21842364)
if it's UA metal, it should count for pqd, no?

No. Has to be on UA plated ticket ...016

SeeingtheWorldfromIndy Nov 23, 2013 10:16 pm

Chase blocked my transaction. Wideroe texted me that I needed to update the credit card info. I completed a link similar to the one listed above, and it was approved 30 minutes later. Now just waiting on one more to clear. Thanks OP!!!

DeltaBumper Nov 23, 2013 10:20 pm

Anyone get ticketed having booked after 6PM EST?

awc4 Nov 23, 2013 10:20 pm

Still waiting to see if any of my tickets will ticket, had booked at 2:30 and 3:15pm ET. My UA account also says will hold this reservation until midnight Sat., Nov. 23, 2013 in New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) and we are past midnight now, but hoping that they will just ticket. If not, I suppose you just lose some.

SanAngeles Nov 23, 2013 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by Brituchenite (Post 21842359)
How do you know the CC company blocked the transaction? Did they call you? text you? email you? Or did Wideroe contact you?

Which CC company? I used my Pres Plus Chase Mastercard

AMEX. They left a voice mail and sent email about a fraud alert.

Wideroe sent me an email saying the the transaction didn't go through and that the reservation will be canceled after two hours if I don't provide valid cc information again. They provided a link to submit new cc info. Decent way of doing business. ^

dkc715 Nov 23, 2013 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by Brituchenite (Post 21842369)
No. Has to be on UA plated ticket ...016

Don't think that is correct. UA metal counts. See the thread started by UA Insider.

Brituchenite Nov 23, 2013 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by SanAngeles (Post 21842394)
AMEX. They left a voice mail and sent email about a fraud alert.

Wideroe sent me an email saying the the transaction didn't go through and that the reservation will be canceled after two hours if I don't provide valid cc information again. They provided a link to submit new cc info. Decent way of doing business. ^

^

Of course, that means we all need to stay up all night to make sure that our CC go through..... and I was just about to go to bed .....:p