Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] AA/US: PHL-PEK $448 ai RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] AA/US: PHL-PEK $448 ai RT

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2013, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
I decided to give www.getgoing.com a shot. Feb 20-Mar 10, Came up with ~$345 PHL-PEK or $~440 PHL-PVG. Not really caring which place I was going to since I'm going to use it to launch over to BKK.

I decided this was worth the gamble and scored PEK for $340! Hey... I'll take it!
Old Oct 3, 2013, 7:52 pm

Programs: Airline free agent; Starwood Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
Just got mine! 3/5-3/11

It's not a mileage run for me. I've never been and have been waiting for the right fare! And it doesn't get any better than this.

Thanks, Paul5795!!!
Old Oct 3, 2013, 7:54 pm

Programs: United, Delta
Very tempting, trying to figure out how I can pair it up with one of those $99 Beijing land tour deals.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by civicmon
I decided to give www.getgoing.com a shot. Feb 20-Mar 10, Came up with ~$345 PHL-PEK or $~440 PHL-PVG. Not really caring which place I was going to since I'm going to use it to launch over to BKK.

I decided this was worth the gamble and scored PEK for $340! Hey... I'll take it!
Long time lurker urged to register by this. Saw the getgoing deal myself and was wondering if there is any way to use the Pick two option on Getgoing and be sure of which destination you'll get, as this is $100 cheaper than AA.com .

Also, The last GG deal there was a $25 coupon . Anyone know of an active code?

Thanks.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by sbm12
Can be done all-AA metal PHL-MIA-ATL-ORD-PEK//PEK-ORD-BNA-DFW-PHL for $447.10. Outbound starts on 19 Feb, return starts 24 Feb. All in N.

ITA is finding lots of fun options.

ETA: Haven't confirmed that one is bookable.

ETA2: Try these links: http://www.hipmunk.com/flights/PHL::...471,3e0d1e8652
http://www.kayak.com/book/flight?cod...2-1795&sc=4707
Yes, ITA is having much fun. I've gotten some PHL-DFW-ABQ-ORD-PEK options. Could probably nudge it further west, but PHL is too far for me to position for and I have zero interest in PEK as a destination, and don't want to use miles to continue elsewhere or add in $140 for a China visa, even if I'll be in NYC near the consulate next month and could stop in easily.

Last edited by TheBOSman; Oct 3, 2013 at 8:16 pm
Old Oct 3, 2013, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, HH Dia, PC Plt, Hyatt Plt, SPG Gld, Marriott Sil, Carlson Sil, Red Lion Plt
Originally Posted by civicmon

What is the itinerary for PHL-PEK at $345?
Old Oct 3, 2013, 8:24 pm

is there any way to guarantee the $345 fare on get going or any active coupons?
Old Oct 3, 2013, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DEQ11
What is the itinerary for PHL-PEK at $345?
Feb 20:
US PHL-BOS
AA BOS-ORD-PEK

Mar 10:
AA PEK-ORD
US BOS-PHL

The PEK itinerary didn't involve any unusually long layovers. The PVG itinerary had a overnight in DFW or ORD. Plus, I have a friend in PEK. I figured it was a good deal regardless if I got the PVG itinerary since I plan on getting out of town ASAP and won't need a visa in any case.

I wouldn't guarantee anything on www.getgoing.com -- but I decided it was worth the gamble.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PRoth59
is there any way to guarantee the $345 fare on get going or any active coupons?
Not really. Sign up on the website and play around with it. It's kinda like priceline but with miles and some idea of the flights. Just put their departure times next to a kayak window.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 8:46 pm

This is amazing. I haven't found anything sub-$400 yet but I still have the 2x$400 flight credits from Flexperks, and this would be a great way to use them.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Great find! Anyone figure out a way to make this work from the west coast e.g SEA/PDX? I have been trying but can't even get it close to the OP price..
Old Oct 3, 2013, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
all my dates have gone up to over $600 in nov and feb
Old Oct 3, 2013, 9:01 pm

As mentioned before, looks like there is something wrong with the codeshare. When you add a US segment it prices at $157 for weekdays or $207 for weekends + taxes
Old Oct 3, 2013, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Think it's dead...

EDIT: Nevermind.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Fare only seems to be available ex-PHL. Of course, if you can get to PHL cheaply (whether by flight or drive or Amtrak/bus), it is still fine.

Originally Posted by yuel
all my dates have gone up to over $600 in nov and feb
It is still available on some dates.

Originally Posted by Rojo
As mentioned before, looks like there is something wrong with the codeshare. When you add a US segment it prices at $157 for weekdays or $207 for weekends + taxes
But it is pricing out similarly for an all-AA routing PHL-ORD-PEK-ORD-PHL. Using US flight segments doesn't seem to have anything to do with the price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.