Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] AA/US: PHL-PEK $448 ai RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] AA/US: PHL-PEK $448 ai RT

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2013, 1:14 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by hdawg
I had to call the EXP desk last night for a different reason and the agent I spoke with indicated it was a busy night booking $450 tickets to China.

Would love to know call statistics / volume changes when these things happen.
Why are people calling the EXP desk to book potentially mistake-fare tickets for them?

This is a sure way to stop getting people from sharing unusually low fares and mileage runs.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL-PM/SC; UA-1K; HH Diamond
Maybe this is not the place to ask, but...

I literally work down the street from the Chinese Consulate in Houston, so I am planning on trying to get a 1 yr multi-entry visa during lunch one day (for all these cheap MR to China). Will they absolutely freak out when I show them my itn that shows me only being in PEK for 12 hours? I'll be flying ORD-PEK-ORD so TWOV won't work. I read the WIKI about the TWOV and it says not to put down anything that would look suspicious on the Visa Application.

Any thoughts? Should I find one with a few more days in PEK so it looks more legit?
Old Oct 4, 2013, 1:22 pm

People need to calm down and read and not assume that calling means you are tipping them off. I said i called and had them price it out for me without telling them what the price was showing online. I simply told them I kept getting an error message online. My reason for doing this was to see if i needed to start looking for different dates or keep trying. The other person stated they called EXP for something completely different and the agent made a comment about how busy they were booking $400 tickets to China. No tipoff in either instance was given.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 1:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by samplat
Great find! Anyone figure out a way to make this work from the west coast e.g SEA/PDX? I have been trying but can't even get it close to the OP price..
Sure! Just tack on a SEA-PHL-SEA before and after the find!
Old Oct 4, 2013, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
I said i called and had them price it out for me without telling them what the price was showing online.
Well, if the agent priced it out at $450, even if YOU didn't mention the price, it might have occurred to the agent to report it as a mistake fare. :/

I think that's what the concern is here.

Seems gone now.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Potreroflyr
Well, if the agent priced it out at $450, even if YOU didn't mention the price, it might have occurred to the agent to report it as a mistake fare. :/

I think that's what the concern is here.

Seems gone now.
OK...fair point. I goofed. Luckily it didn't price out.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 1:38 pm

i can't stand people who call and get deals taken down. thx a lot!
Old Oct 4, 2013, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by DaveL2430
Asked my gf if she wanted to go for a few days. By the time she responded from work saying no, the fares were gone. I can't even go by myself damnit!
Next time just book her a ticket and surprise her! "We're going to China!"
Old Oct 4, 2013, 2:05 pm

Sure enough, there are still some decent fares out there, to PVG, anyhow.

I was able to book PHL-ORD-PVG-NRT-ORD-PHL in March with a 2 nt stay in PVG on AA.com for ~615 AI. Booking the NRT segment qualifies for the TWOV.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
People need to calm down and read and not assume that calling means you are tipping them off. I said i called and had them price it out for me without telling them what the price was showing online. I simply told them I kept getting an error message online. My reason for doing this was to see if i needed to start looking for different dates or keep trying. The other person stated they called EXP for something completely different and the agent made a comment about how busy they were booking $400 tickets to China. No tipoff in either instance was given.
It's bad enough to call AA but to post on FT that you've called is just fanning unnecessary fires..
Old Oct 4, 2013, 2:19 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP
Yep, I was halfway through booking, and then price went from $650 to $1200 (i wanted to leave in 2 weeks).

Then was going to do PEK-SYD-PEK.

Man, I thought people in this forum knew better, you don't go to the cops to ask them how to break the rules.

gheesh
Old Oct 4, 2013, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Is there a PEK meet up thread? I decided i'm going to ticket even though getting to PHL will be a pain the the butt. I forgot I was sitting on a $100 gift card so got it for $415. Visa fee plus bus tickets adds on another like $250. Im going for 1 year multi entry so i can visit mainland on a side trip on my next trip to HKG

Originally Posted by DaveL2430
Asked my gf if she wanted to go for a few days. By the time she responded from work saying no, the fares were gone. I can't even go by myself damnit!
AA.com has a 24 hour hold option, no cc details needed. Just cant change passenger info once held. Next time put on hold and ticket later. Works if there are no partner segments.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 3:09 pm

Programs: Mileage Hoarding Anonymous
Originally Posted by CDKing
AA.com has a 24 hour hold option, no cc details needed. Just cant change passenger info once held. Next time put on hold and ticket later. Works if there are no partner segments.
I'm curious, how do you do this? When I was trying to book earlier I didn't say a space for entering gift cards or for holding the fare. Is that because the itinerary had a US Airways leg?
Old Oct 4, 2013, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by jcazes
I'm curious, how do you do this? When I was trying to book earlier I didn't say a space for entering gift cards or for holding the fare. Is that because the itinerary had a US Airways leg?
I think if your itin is all AA, you'll see the hold button. But if it contains segments such as those from US Air, you won't.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by GraceC
I think if your itin is all AA, you'll see the hold button. But if it contains segments such as those from US Air, you won't.
Correct has to be all AA. Option will be all the way to the right of the payment options

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.