Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] SEZ-DUB One-Way; USD$288+tax (~338 ai) in EY/HM business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] SEZ-DUB One-Way; USD$288+tax (~338 ai) in EY/HM business

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2014, 4:09 am

spent a week on Praslin. Beaches, diving, other island visits. At Lazio, walk to the left and you will find an honesty bar for a cold drink on a hot day. We are more the takeaway kind of people, as the food was better than the restaurants in general. I did lots of driving....I loved all the hairpin turns!

I wish I had waited until this lousy German winter to go, though. Someone needs to find a new SEZ mistake fare......
Old Jan 18, 2014, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold
Ahh, flight to SEZ on EY now showing as an A320...Hope this isn't a sign of downsizing on this route. SEZ-AUH-DUB still showing 332 for now.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K; Cathay Diamond; Asiana Club Diamond; SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by alpen1
Ahh, flight to SEZ on EY now showing as an A320...Hope this isn't a sign of downsizing on this route. SEZ-AUH-DUB still showing 332 for now.
The EY operated flight has always been an A320 and its route is AUH-SEZ-MRU. I took this flight from AUH to SEZ in October and it was about 60% full in Y. The HM operated flight is A330 (that's the only jet aircraft HM operates), I flew SEZ-AUH and it was less than half full in both classes.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:54 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I have just landed back in Dublin having completed by trip.

No problems at check-in or at the gates with the ticket.

Observations:
- Air Seychelles lands at a remote gate and you have to be bussed at AUH to Terminal 3. It is then a 15-20 determined march to the AUH-DUB gate (mine was 60). You have to go through security and navigate through Duty Free mazes to get there. There is a Business Class bus which leaves as soon as all the passengers have boarded. It goes first and so you get a little bit of a head start.
- The SEZ-AUH flight was full in Business - including one pilot and one mechanic. Not that full in Coach.
- Service on Air Seychelles very focused on other passengers - perhaps wearing shorts was my mistake. Got ignored for meal selection, as did most passengers in the middle seats, no bottle of water etc.
- Child in row behind screamed for a good part of the flight.
- Ethiad were fine, friendly crew, and I slept probably for 6 hours in a great seat.
- Landed in DUB but had to go outside to connect as the connections corridor was not open when we landed - in the pouring rain.

Great value trip which I would never have taken otherwise. Quite like Ethiad so perhaps they are in my future.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
For anyone that took HM from SEZ to Praslin what is the luggage allowance? The email I got says 15kgs but their website says 20kgs.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 6:44 am

Baggage: Business Class: 40 kilos
Economy Class: 30 kilos
Infants without seats: 10 kilos
Domestic flights: 15 kilos

From the confirmation email..
Old Jan 27, 2014, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Baggage: Business Class: 40 kilos
Economy Class: 30 kilos
Infants without seats: 10 kilos
Domestic flights: 15 kilos

From the confirmation email..

Have you flown that segment yet? I was wondering how strict they will be and whether pointing them towards their website might help as my luggage will be 20kg.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Have you flown that segment yet? I was wondering how strict they will be and whether pointing them towards their website might help as my luggage will be 20kg.
I'm gonna say pretty strict, but we were flying the opposite direction on a biz class ticket. They weigh and tag(with weight) every bag. It's a tiny plane.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 7:58 am

Not yet, but I heard they are strict and the charges are extremely high.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by largeeyes
I'm gonna say pretty strict, but we were flying the opposite direction on a biz class ticket. They weigh and tag(with weight) every bag. It's a tiny plane.
Ok thanks. I wonder if they will combine allowances say if two of us only have one suitcase so one 30kg bag.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:54 am

If you are so concerned about weight, why not just take the ferry?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 1:08 am

Those bathing suits must be really heavy
Old Jan 28, 2014, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you are so concerned about weight, why not just take the ferry?
Time required I guess and I have read some reviews that the sea's can be very choppy. Its not that I am majorly off anyway. Max I would be over by 10 kgs.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 3:00 am

Time required I guess and I have read some reviews that the sea's can be very choppy. Its not that I am majorly off anyway. Max I would be over by 10 kgs.
Between check in and such, I think the time required is about the same. But, if you get seasick, ya, stick with the plane. When we took the ferry, I had never seen a person turn that color before.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Between check in and such, I think the time required is about the same. But, if you get seasick, ya, stick with the plane. When we took the ferry, I had never seen a person turn that color before.
Yeah I don't travel to well on smaller boats. I remember spending a night in Milford sound on one of those small yachts. Relatively calm water but I hardly slept and couldn't wait to get on land again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.