Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] SEZ-DUB One-Way; USD$288+tax (~338 ai) in EY/HM business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, UA, DL, SPG, AMEX
I will be in mahe from 13th to 16th Dec. was looking up for car rental options but do not see any automatic car type options.. Any ideas?
Old Nov 18, 2013, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by murtuza
I will be in mahe from 13th to 16th Dec. was looking up for car rental options but do not see any automatic car type options.. Any ideas?
Whereever you are staying should be able to arrange something for you in the 35-40euro per day range. My cars were both automatic.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 3:17 am

BrotherLehman...thanks for that post...quite a fascinating trip report.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 8:05 pm

We are in Mahe now. We had a res for EUR47 or so a day but got a bit of a bait and switch from Avis to Eden. The daily rate was lower at EUR45, but they tried to add a flat EUR100 for insurance. I declined because Chase told me my United MP card would provide Primary Insurance. Have my fingers crossed I won't need it, but that has been my experience.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 7:49 am

Programs: BA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, KLM Gold, AB Gold, Accor Plat, BW Diamond, Qantas Svr, Etihad Svr

Just got home from 9 awesome days in Dubai and the Seychelles. The error fare went off without a hitch even with a misspelt name on my ticket! Lounge in SEZ was great with a nice selection of drinks and nibbles with a view of the sunset and moon rising.

HM metal from SEZ to AUH. Flat bed with a great lamb dinner and really friendly service.

EY metal from AUH to DUB. New business configuration on a 777. Really great seats, even managed a few hours sleep and woke up to a tasty breakfast.

Thanks for posting the fare and for all the advice, I had a ball
Old Nov 19, 2013, 9:04 am

You can try checking with Bella Vista Carhire

They delivered the car to the lodge I stayed in and I could return it to the airport on the day I left.
Rental was EUR40 a day (got car with near empty tank and just return with near empty tank - Half tank / 400 Rupees was sufficient for 2 days of driving around Mahe island)

If you are confident on driving upon first arrival - can save yourself the taxi fare to your hotel (it cost me EUR35 to get to my lodge)!

Oh ya, if you need Automatic then insist that with them because I got a Manual car delivered to my lodge (arranged by the owner).
A bit rusty at driving manual (haven't done that for more than 10 years!) but somehow still managed with some help.
So now I can say I remastered the art of driving a manual car while in the Seychelles!

Old Nov 21, 2013, 11:19 am

Programs: TK*G, LH FT, Hilton Gold, IC Ambassador
Cancellation - Non Refundable

Note to anyone trying to cancel -

Have tried to cancel my tickets as we are now unable to travel, HM informed me the fare is non refundable and send me a screenshot of the fare rules to that effect. I am a little surprised given the experience of others who have received refunds.

Old Nov 21, 2013, 11:39 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

I was told this on my SEZ-PRI leg. as it was booked in L (a discount fare)

The original booking if made via expedia should be able to be refunded for $150 per pax.

If made via HM website, they may be right.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 12:22 pm

Booked via HM website, however I note another poster booked through HM and was refunded 1/2.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by shamrock104
Booked via HM website, however I note another poster booked through HM and was refunded 1/2.
The fare is refundable. And that poster would be me. Booked via HM site SEZ-DUB, although it was painful to contact HM and took a month and a half, but I got my refund minus $150pp via wire transfer to my bank account.

Have you booked PRI-DUB?
Old Nov 22, 2013, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
The fare is refundable. And that poster would be me. Booked via HM site SEZ-DUB, although it was painful to contact HM and took a month and a half, but I got my refund minus $150pp via wire transfer to my bank account.

Have you booked PRI-DUB?
No. SEZ-DUB. They are refusing to refund at all. I was sure the fare is refundable.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by shamrock104
No. SEZ-DUB. They are refusing to refund at all. I was sure the fare is refundable.
This is ridiculous.

Penalties
CHANGES
CHARGE USD 50.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION.
WAIVED FOR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER.
NOTE -
OFFICIAL DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED IN THE CASE OF
DEATH OF PASSENGER/FAMILY MEMBER.
--------------------------------------------------
CHANGE FEES MUST BE CODED AS XP IN THE TAX FIELD.
FIRST CHANGE FOC ADDITIONAL CHANGES PERMITTED AT T
HE ABOVE CHARGE.
CANCELLATIONS
CHARGE USD 150.00 FOR CANCEL/REFUND.
WAIVED FOR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR FAMILY MEMBER

How did you contact them? Phone, email?
Old Nov 23, 2013, 3:35 am

Does anyone have confirmation (Booking reference) consisting of five characters?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Mateuszz
Does anyone have confirmation (Booking reference) consisting of five characters?
The HM codes are 5.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 7:08 am

Is there anywhere I can see confirmation except website HM?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.