Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] SEZ-DUB One-Way; USD$288+tax (~338 ai) in EY/HM business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] SEZ-DUB One-Way; USD$288+tax (~338 ai) in EY/HM business

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2013, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by largeeyes
How long do you plan to stay on La Digue? It is a rather small island and to me, way too touristy.
Was planning on 1-2 nights, originally was going to spend it on Praslin but Steelsnow made La Digue sound more peaceful. Have a recommendation either way?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by alpen1
Was planning on 1-2 nights, originally was going to spend it on Praslin but Steelsnow made La Digue sound more peaceful. Have a recommendation either way?
La Digue is certainly peaceful in that there are only a few autos. I don't know, I just found the amazing beaches a bit more crowded after nearly private ones on Mahe and Praslin. I guess it depends what you want to do....
Old Oct 9, 2013, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by lewende
Has anybody had any luck to change the date without triggering a re-fare? Thx!
You can eventually change second leg when flying the first. Eventually.

The rest is impossible, no chance.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lewende
Has anybody had any luck to change the date without triggering a re-fare? Thx!
If you change the first segment its a reprice to the current fare. No way around it.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 8:36 am

So I can fly PRI/SEZ tomrorow and then move teh rest so I can stay longer????
Old Oct 9, 2013, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I can fly PRI/SEZ tomrorow and then move teh rest so I can stay longer????
Does you first segment start off at PRI? If so then yes you should be able to land in SEZ and then approach the operating carrier of your next segment to do a date change as they will then be in control of the ticket and no reprice is required. ^
Old Oct 9, 2013, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Does you first segment start off at PRI? If so then yes you should be able to land in SEZ and then approach the operating carrier of your next segment to do a date change as they will then be in control of the ticket and no reprice is required. ^

As tempting as it is.....we have hotels already booked in Dubai and Dublin
Old Oct 10, 2013, 9:07 am

Chillin in the lounge at SEZ, fresh from a shower, sipping Takamaka Bay 8 year rum......sad to go, but what an experience.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 9:48 am

About to leave on an HM ticket. Others were denied(on full, normal fare) chauffeur when calling ahead. We shall see how it works for us.....fingers crossed.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 12:44 am

Chauffeur Desk refused me the ride since I didn't call ahead on my HM ticket.....fair warning.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Chauffeur Desk refused me the ride since I didn't call ahead on my HM ticket.....fair warning.
They normally have tons of cars just waiting. Are you sure it wasn't due to the fact that you were on a HM ticket?
Old Oct 11, 2013, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
They normally have tons of cars just waiting. Are you sure it wasn't due to the fact that you were on a HM ticket?
To clarify, it wasn't because of the HM ticket, it was because I didn't call ahead on the HM ticket. They have to do some sort of debit or request process for HM tickets, and that has to be done 24 hours ahead of time. I ended up in the Mrs. largeeyes doghouse, but have now arranged for back to AUH tomorrow and in Dublin.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 12:06 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
To clarify, it wasn't because of the HM ticket, it was because I didn't call ahead on the HM ticket. They have to do some sort of debit or request process for HM tickets, and that has to be done 24 hours ahead of time. I ended up in the Mrs. largeeyes doghouse, but have now arranged for back to AUH tomorrow and in Dublin.
Ouch. I too had an HM ticket, and though the ladies at the desk briefly huddled, they put me through. It may have been that I was the first or second through on this fare, and they didn't know what else to do with me (?)
Old Oct 12, 2013, 1:40 am

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by andaman C
Ouch. I too had an HM ticket, and though the ladies at the desk briefly huddled, they put me through. It may have been that I was the first or second through on this fare, and they didn't know what else to do with me (?)
Same here : Had no problem getting a car although I had an HM ticket

Better yet I even got credit for the flight on my AAvantage account
Old Oct 12, 2013, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by thierry
Same here : Had no problem getting a car although I had an HM ticket

Better yet I even got credit for the flight on my AAvantage account
Just arrived at hotel in Dublin. Now I am quite irritated that this rude woman cost me about 65 euros to get a taxi......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.