Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] AA: BOS-GIG $559 RT AI, 4.1 cpm possible

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] AA: BOS-GIG $559 RT AI, 4.1 cpm possible

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by kmwjes
Thanks, OP!

Making this a spring break trip with my daughter! Just wish the hotels were less expensive than the airfare or that I had not blown through my Marriott Points!
Consider an apartment via flip or airb... I normally stay on Atlantica, or 1/2 block off in Hotels, but last trip and my upcoming one I'm in an appt that is just 1 1/2 blocks off Copa. As mentioned previously, this is off season so the rental rates are down and availability is good. (Always easier of course if you pode falar portuguese)

I'm in Rio and Niteroi March 2-7th on a previous booked trip. Maybe I'll run into a few of you there.

Last edited by phranticaw; Feb 14, 2013 at 12:28 pm
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
I have a few on hold.. MCO-DFW-JFK-GIG and return (14K miles for $514) I also noticed that MCO-JFK-GRU-GIG is available for $650 and thats on the new 77W

Looks like all the upgrades are close to over around mem day, so waitlist it is
Old Feb 14, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold
Myself and Mrs. Alpen are in for direct turn June 7-9th, MCO-MIA-JFK-GIG and back at $398, first time she'll be joining me on an MR so we burned a couple SWUs for the way down...Thank you for non-US passports and cheap / no visas!
Old Feb 14, 2013, 6:25 pm

why so cheap?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by mosquito
Kind of spooky how all of our upgrades are clearing. Making me suspicious....
I only cleared on half my legs...i've got two of these, back to back for a long weekend, first trip down i cleared, but haven't cleared on the return. second trip, cleared the return, but waitlisted for flight down.

I'm based in DFW, so will be flying through...already booked my positioning flight to MCO, but curious about the last leg of my second return flight...if i just got off in DFW and didn't make the last leg to MCO, any problems with that?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
I'm based in DFW, so will be flying through...already booked my positioning flight to MCO, but curious about the last leg of my second return flight...if i just got off in DFW and didn't make the last leg to MCO, any problems with that?
Just don't make a habit of getting horrifically sick and being unable to complete your itinerary as booked . Bottled water only!

Considering that it seems a lot of us have booked over Memorial Day weekend, any interest in a meetup in GIG, or a listing of flights to see if anyone is taking the same flights to/from GIG? I'll create a Community thread if enough people are interested.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 8:47 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Have 2 tix on hold but ofcourse she's now saying "No we can't leave kids with my parents".. And I was going to use my certificates from giving up seat to Lima last year making this one free. Damnit...
Old Feb 14, 2013, 9:29 pm

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
I have done a same day return to GRU before without having a visa on a US passport. Unless GIG is arranged differently, it should be possible to just transit without a visa.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by TAWS
I have done a same day return to GRU before without having a visa on a US passport. Unless GIG is arranged differently, it should be possible to just transit without a visa.
Did you stay airside while at GRU? So you didn't clear passport control and customs when you arrived at GRU? Did you get the return boarding pass printed out in advance?

I believe once you obtain a Brazilian visa, they are good for 10 years?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Booked MCO-MIA-JFK-GIG-DFW-MCO in $440 a/i, minus a $100 cert from the Amex airline credit. Not terrible for 12.5K miles, and two days in GIG.

SWUs cleared on the return, though the outbound is waitlisted with an empty cabin. I have no doubts that it will clear shortly.

Still have my visa from the $267 SEA-SFO-LAX-IAD-GRU-ORD-EWR deal in 2011, so the overall cost for this trip will be minimal. Hotel is the only challenge.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, former DL Gold
UA matching the MCO fare at ~455. I'm seeing routings via IAH or IAD.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 3:04 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by spikyone
UA matching the MCO fare at ~455. I'm seeing routings via IAH or IAD.
Thank you!! Just booked one. Via ORD/GRU on the outbound and IAH/DEN on the inbound! ^
Old Feb 15, 2013, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
I've flown it but only domestically, so no international service or anything like that. Supposedly 763 J service (being the highest available class on the plane) is a shade better than 772 J. Seat/bed (angled lie-flat) is very similar from my recollection, other than the 767 being 2-2-2 (good if you want those middles with nobody climbing over you or not having to climb over anyone) whereas the 772 is 2-3-2. I took a window seat for my flights (I'm in the small minority of FTers who prefer a window seat).
Domestic configuration 763 is not the same as an international 3-class 763. 777 is roomier and has built in IFE (rather than tablets), but it's still about the same seat.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 5:18 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
AA: BOS-GIG $559 RT AI, 4.1 cpm possible (most other US origins are a similar cpm)

Just a heads up on UA's MCO-GIG fare:
- Books into N
- No minimum/maximum/Saturday night requirement
- Unlimited transfers
- Fare filed 14 Feb and expires "Infinity" but I wouldn't hold my breath
Old Feb 15, 2013, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by okrogius
Domestic configuration 763 is not the same as an international 3-class 763. 777 is roomier and has built in IFE (rather than tablets), but it's still about the same seat.
AA doesn't have any 3-class 763s, or domestic configured 763s, at least not anymore. All of AAs 763s are configured similarly in J to each other at the current time. Note my wording, I intentionally avoided saying anything about the non-seat part of the product, as I haven't flown the 763 international yet and didn't want to comment on something I didn't quite know fully. I stick to my strengths .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.