Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] RGN First class comes back again!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: fti
People, please edit/use the wiki so same questions are not always asked.

The current CTA decision on the Yangon deal is only for tickets canceled by SWISS Airlines for the seven merged complaints/companions and tickets canceled by Jet Airways for one complainant and companions
- It's not about other carriers because each carrier submits different tariffs.
- If you are not one of the complainants or their companions above who were mentioned in the respective cases, you need to submit a case yourself for hearing.
- There's currently one person who is on Iberia for CTA decision, one can either wait for results or submit a complaint to CTA.

Result of the current case for LX in brief is:
- CTA found 5(F) in the tariff used to be unclear for canceling tickets on erroneously quoted fares.
- 5(F) is unjust and unreasonable and must be revised or taken down by July 9, 2013 (or SWISS can appeal by then)
- SWISS did not use its tariff correctly to cancel the tickets.
- SWISS must compensate one complainant's First Class ticket and any related expenses by July 18, 2013 provided with evidence.
- SWISS must transport other complainants (and their companions) in the original price charged with same booking class and routing by June 18, 2014.

Result of the current case for 9W in brief is:
- Tariff on file had no clauses for "erroneous fares" and was updated subsequently, which means it is not relevant to this event
- Therefore, 9W is to reinstate the tickets with a 1-year validity for transport between the same points and the same booking class.

CTA official news can be read here for general overview of the case.

Actual CTA case review can be found here for reference should you wish to file a complaint.

If you have a similar case that's with SWISS, you need to file with CTA to get a result through informal process first before it gets to formal process. The entire procedure can take up to 3 months for each and the result may not be same cause it's case-by-base and the reviewer of the case can be different.

To file an informal complaint with CTA, see here. Click through all of the pages to get to the online form for the informal complaint. Or click here.

To file a formal complaint after informal complaint has been closed, see here. Continue on to the next page to see the address or email address for the formal complaint.

The July 17th and 18th responses from LX can be found here:
Other Letters:

Feel free to add dates, flights, etc., in order to plan DOs, etc.

Aug 4: SFO-ICN (UA893)
Jason8612

Aug 5: ICN-SFO (UA892)
Jason8612

Aug 7: SFO-ICN (UA893)
Jason8612

Aug 11: ICN-NRT-ORD (UA78, UA882)
Jason8612

Aug 14: BOS-IAD-NRT-ICN (UA285, UA803, UA79)
Deltspygt

Aug 19: ICN-NRT-IAD-BOS (UA78, UA804, UA352)
Deltspygt

Oct 1: UA433-UA893
JeredF +1

Oct 8: UA892-UA242
JeredF +1

Oct 9: BOS-SFO-ICN (UA433, UA893)
BigJC

Oct 13: ICN-NRT-ORD-BOS (UA78, UA882, UA744)
BigJC

Oct 21: BOS-SFO UA433 to SFO-ICN UA893
Sterndogg +1
flyerdude88 (SFO - ICN portion only)

Oct 23: ICN - SFO UA 892
flyerdude88

Oct 27: ICN-SFO UA892 to SFO-BOS UA286
Sterndogg +1

Nov 05: BOS-ORD UA521, ORD-NRT UA881
kokonutz, I012609, BingoSF +1

Nov 11: ICN-SFO UA892, SFO-IAD UA727
kokonutz, I012609, BingoSF +1

Nov 26: BOS-SFO UA433, SFO-NRT UA837, NRT-ICN UA79
thepla

Nov 27: BOS-ORD-NRT-ICN (UA501, UA881, UA196)
BigJC+1

Nov 29: Planning 2 days in TPE, been to ICN
thepla

Dec 1: ICN-SFO UA892, SFO-ORD UA698, ORD-BOS UA961
thepla

Dec 1: ICN-NRT-IAD-BOS (UA78, UA804, UA822)
BigJC+1

Dec 15: BOS-SFO UA433, SFO-ICN UA893
songzm

Dec 25: BOS-IAD UA285, IAD-NRT UA803, NRT-ICN UA79
Dinoscool3 +2

Dec 30: ICN-SFO UA892, SFO-BOS UA444
songzm

Dec 31: ICN-SFO UA892, SFO-BOS UA770
Dinoscool3 +2

Jan 11: BOS-SFO UA1523, Jan 12: SFO-ICN UA893
margarita girl

Jan 12: BOS-SFO UA433, SFO-ICN UA893
Zebranz

14 Jan: BOS-SFO UA433 to SFO-ICN UA893
ORDOGG

19 Jan: ICN-SFO UA892 to SFO-ORD UA698 to ORD-BOS UA961
ORDOGG

Jan 22: ICN-SFO UA892 SFO-BOS UA500
margarita girl

Feb 5: ICN-SFO UA892 SFO-BOS UA242
Zebranz

CMB-DFW EY F

FARE IS GONE

FARE RULES (thanks to SQ421)
FRTLK Fare Rules (RT)
FOWLK Fare Rules (OW)

WHEN ARE YOU FLYING?
Feel free to add any additional cities you're leaving from!
Please slot yourselves in!!!

ex-CMB
Feb

Mar
8 - Darmajaya
12 - Thaidai
22 - Deadinabsentia

Apr
21 - SQ421, penegal, jozdemir
26 - tahsir21

May
28 - Upperdeck744
29 - bonsaisai (positioning flights SIN-CMB, DFW-ORD)

Jun
12 - lelee

Jul
7 - HansGolden +6
8 - arcticbull + 1
11 - bonsaisai's friend (positioning flights: SIN-CMB, DFW-MCI)
25 - Tycosiao
30 - bonsaisai's friend (positioning flights: MCI-DFW, CMB-SIN)

Aug
17 - DC777Fan
26 - Yi Yang
31 - dcas

Sep

Oct

Nov
8 - harryhv
29 - stephem+4

Dec
6 - roastpuff and (soon) Mrs. roastpuff , JFKEZE (UL Code-share)
7 - DWFI
10 - jlisi984 + dad (CMB-AUH-DFW)
21 - bonsaisai (positioning flights SIN-CMB, DFW-ORD)

ex-AUH
Jan

Feb

Mar

Apr
27 - RICHKLHS

May

Jun
29 - yerffej201

Jul
9 - HansGolden +6
27 - Tycosiao

Aug

Sep

Oct

Nov
30 - stephem+4 (to JFK)

Dec
7 - JFKEZE, DWFI [EY161 nonstop]
9 - roastpuff and (soon) Mrs. Roastpuff

ex-DFW
Jan

Feb

Mar
14 - Thaidai
15 - zainman +1

Apr
25 - SQ421, penegal, jozdemir

May

Jun

Jul

Aug
22 - arcticbull + 1

Sep
22 - bonsaisai (positioning flights ORD-DFW, CMB-SIN)

Oct

Nov
19 - harryhv->Paris

Dec
19 - Yi Yang, jona970318
24 - DWFI (EY160 nonstop)
26 - HansGolden +6 (CDG), LwoodY2K (AUH)
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] RGN First class comes back again!!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2014, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by ahcjar103
sitting at CMB right now in the lotus lounge. will start going through the check-in gauntlet to start this itinerary in about an hour. i'm hoping this will be a breeze due to something in my reservation - i'll update after check-in as i dont want to jinx. crossing fingers!

ps. for anyone who's a OW flyer (i'm AA EXP) - my gf and i just got off of a UL flight from singapore. had been sitting in dnata lounge in T3 and when boarding our bp's were scanned it erred out and the agent grabbed two new boarding passes that were sitting on the counter. we were upgraded to business class on a flight with Y 75-80% full, so i'm assuming this was because of OWE. great job UL and welcome to OW!
Good luck! ^
Old May 27, 2014, 7:02 am

i'm going to try and live post this as much as possible for the insight and entertainment factor.

18:25 local time at CMB: went to transfer desk at CMB (this desk is the transfer handling agent for pretty much all airlines here). handed over our passports and the eticket itineraries i'd printed out from virtually there and gave them to the agent. we had been waiting in the lotus lounge and he gave us two cards that said "transit" and said he'd bring everything to us in lounge when it was ready (has to go downstairs to the etihad ticket office). i ask how long it will take - he says 10-15 minutes, his boss standing next to him says 30. in true price is right style i'm taking 31 minutes. came back to the lounge, grabbed a coke light, fired up this post. the flintstones is playing on the tv in here and there is a lack of outlets. i need to shower.

18:35: there are four lounges we saw here: lotus (contract), executive (contract), araliya (contract), and serendib (srilankan). the first three are right next to each other; serendib is around the corner and down the walkway a bit. EY uses araliya; lotus takes priority pass. lotus has on offer cheese/tuna/chicken sandwiches, fish patties, fried sausages, vegetable pizza, mini chicken burgers, fruit, cheese, breads, basic liquor (skyy, etc), beer, soft drinks, and either a soup or a witch's potion in a cauldron in the corner, among other items. i really hope it's the potion.

18:50: there is a trumpet cover of richard marx - right here waiting playing throughout the terminal. a fitting song for the moment.

18:56: the UL flight attendant uniforms (saris) show a fair amount of skin. imagined what AA fa's would look like in those uniforms. puked in mouth a little. dont imagine this, please for the love of god.

19:03: speaking of AA, upgrade email for DFW-SEA leg came in. yay for not spending the last of 10 flights in coach.

19:06: no one has come here yet. curious now, time to venture to the transfer desk for an update.

19:09: seems they took our stuff to the ticket office only about 5-10 minutes ago. back to the lounge it is.

19:30: still nothing. yawn.

19:50: still nothing. went back to the transfer desk. lady said it has been taken down (oh really?) and that etihad "hasn't processed it yet" (because it takes so long to create a boarding pass) and that they will "get in touch with me when ready". i'm beginning to think they're purposefully delaying and will deliver everything last minute so there's no time to dispute anything if inaccurate/not as described. in other news, a bunch of new food came out: paneer palak, potato curry, vegetable chop suey, oven baked fish, roast lamb in mint sauce, stuffed glass noodles, chicken biryani, and yellow rice.

20:08: just got our stuff. saw the woman walking towards the wrong lounge with it (that could've been bad). they moved our seats for the first flight even though they were confirmed, and gave us lounge passes for the lounge we've been sitting in (how does that work?). no lounge passes for AUH. T-50 to takeoff.

00:45 local time in AUH: made it here. so it turned out the seat change was a good thing. there was an aircraft swap and instead of a regional a320 with recliners we flew one of the wet leased 777s from 9W. this meant flat beds for a 4 hour flight departing at 21:00, so it was great. since first wasn't originally available that cabin flew empty, however in talking with the cabin manager about our plans and the partnership with 9W he invited me for a tour of the first class cabin. he made it known that everything in all classes is up to etihad standards, however some of the hard product details (seat leather, touch screens, etc) of the metal is just better on EY (which he took great pride in). the service in flight was fantastic.

landing here was a different story and somewhat surreal. upon arrival we went to an etihad customer service agent to ask directions to the first lounge. he took them and talk to a couple others, and then all of them returned with 2 security agents. they said there was a problem with our tickets and that we needed to come with them. they surrounded us and we arrived at our "lounge," which was a i believe an immigration interrogation room where they just left us with no explanation. about 30 minutes later an EY representative came in and asked how we got our tickets, if we knew that we were stealing from EY and in turn the UAE, and that we were subject to fines and possible legal action. i had no idea what was going on so i didn't say much else than "i bought them on PL" to which they didn't really say anything. after getting chastised for a good 15 minutes we were then left for another 20 or so, after which at around T-45 they returned with new boarding passes for seats in Y and told us to go to the gate and never return. just a crazy turn of events and one i still dont know how to handle.

00:46: just kidding. we're sitting in the first class lounge in AUH. i just got out of a shower and massage, i'm waiting for lobster thermidor, and we take off for the good ol' US of A in 1h25m. the service is awesome and everyone is so friendly and eager to help. looking forward to this longhaul and experiencing EY F.

EDIT: long haul comments in post 2106.

parting notes:
- in retrospect, the processing time in CMB didn't really affect anything as we were in the lounge anyways. they knew this so probably saw no rush in completing the task. i was interested to see if it would go quicker as after i handled the "downgraded to Y on AA segments, call EY to get reinstated in F" dance, the booking status on our eTickets in virtually there changed to "ok to fly." i'm sure on the backend they still were void of coupons (the bp's even say not valid without flight coupon) but i was curious nonetheless.
- if you dont have priority pass or anything else the transfer desk will give you a card that says "transit" that will get you into the lounge. you then wait there and they'll bring you the bp's. this, of course, only works if you're arriving and not entering sri lanka. wouldn't have been nearly as comfortable if we had to spend this whole time in the check-in area.
- our arriving flight from CMB docked in T1; the lounge there is only business and you need to make your way to T3 for the F lounge.
- fwiw, i never received "the email" or any correspondence from PL or EY on anything.

any questions, lemme know.

Last edited by ahcjar103; May 29, 2014 at 9:52 pm
Old May 27, 2014, 8:01 am

i'm going to try and live post this as much as possible for the insight and entertainment factor.

18:25 local time at CMB: went to transfer desk at CMB (this desk is the transfer handling agent for pretty much all airlines here). handed over our passports and the eticket itineraries i'd printed out from virtually there and gave them to the agent. we had been waiting in the lotus lounge and he gave us two cards that said "transit" and said he'd bring everything to us in lounge when it was ready (has to go downstairs to the etihad ticket office). i ask how long it will take - he says 10-15 minutes, his boss standing next to him says 30. in true price is right style i'm taking 31 minutes. came back to the lounge, grabbed a coke light, fired up this post. the flintstones is playing on the tv in here and there is a lack of outlets. i need to shower.

18:35: there are four lounges we saw here: lotus (contract), executive (contract), araliya (contract), and serendib (srilankan). the first three are right next to each other; serendib is around the corner and down the walkway a bit. EY uses araliya; lotus takes priority pass. lotus has on offer cheese/tuna/chicken sandwiches, fish patties, fried sausages, vegetable pizza, mini chicken burgers, fruit, cheese, breads, basic liquor (skyy, etc), beer, soft drinks, and either a soup or a witch's potion in a cauldron in the corner, among other items. i really hope it's the potion.

18:50: there is a trumpet cover of richard marx - right here waiting playing throughout the terminal. a fitting song for the moment.

18:56: the UL flight attendant uniforms (saris) show a fair amount of skin. imagined what AA fa's would look like in those uniforms. puked in mouth a little. dont imagine this, please for the love of god.

19:03: speaking of AA, upgrade email for DFW-SEA leg came in. yay for not spending the last of 10 flights in coach.

19:06: no one has come here yet. curious now, time to venture to the transfer desk for an update.

19:09: seems they took our stuff to the ticket office only about 5-10 minutes ago. back to the lounge it is.
Haha. Following this with interest, as I am also planning to transfer from SIN on UL. Good luck!
Old May 27, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: Marriott Gold

19:30: still nothing. yawn.

19:50: still nothing. went back to the transfer desk. lady said it has been taken down (oh really?) and that etihad "hasn't processed it yet" (because it takes so long to create a boarding pass) and that they will "get in touch with me when ready". i'm beginning to think they're purposefully delaying and will deliver everything last minute so there's no time to dispute anything if inaccurate/not as described. in other news, a bunch of new food came out: paneer palak, potato curry, vegetable chop suey, oven baked fish, roast lamb in mint sauce, stuffed glass noodles, chicken biryani, and yellow rice.

20:08: just got our stuff. saw the woman walking towards the wrong lounge with it (that could've been bad). they moved our seats for the first flight even though they were confirmed, and gave us lounge passes for the lounge we've been sitting in (how does that work?). no lounge passes for AUH. T-50 to takeoff.
Thanks for posting! I love the commentary. Following this is quite the distraction from work.
Old May 27, 2014, 12:17 pm

RULING: No contract. We lose
Old May 27, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *G
Originally Posted by Potreroflyr
RULING: No contract. We lose
did you get the email this morning?
Old May 27, 2014, 12:24 pm

Yes. As raised by others, the Agency considered whether a contract was entered into by both parties...and found that it was not. Also says consumers should have known $1000 fare for First Class was a mistake.

Very pro-establishment ruling.
Old May 27, 2014, 12:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Potreroflyr
Yes. As raised by others, the Agency considered whether a contract was entered into by both parties...and found that it was not. Also says consumers should have known $1000 fare for First Class was a mistake.

Very pro-establishment ruling.
This is on which case? The 7, or the 85, or what?

I wonder why the sudden about-turn.
Old May 27, 2014, 12:28 pm

This is for the 83 remaining complainants.

But not unexpected -- others indicated the contract issue could be problematic since it wasn't raised in the Yangon 7 original complaint. Swiss is still litigating/appealing that, I think.

Upside: No more REPLY ALL responses.

Edit: And of course right after I typed that, I got one :/
Old May 27, 2014, 12:31 pm

Programs: AC SE
All 83 complaints refused

CTA just issued decision that Swiss has won on all counts.
All 83 complaints dismissed!!

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Figures that the only Reply All is from Davis...

Disappointing, but you can't fight city hall. It's been fun.

If I'm reading this right, the CTA requires airlines to notify customers of a cancellation 72 hours after they become aware of a discrepancy, regardless of how long ago a transaction involving that discrepancy has taken place.

Wow.
Old May 27, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *G
Originally Posted by billyliu
Figures that the only Reply All is from Davis...
Coincidence? I don't think we've ever gotten a reply all (at least this quickly) from the law firm before.

The one time we get it from them is when there's a favourable decision for them. Feels almost like they're rubbing it in...
Old May 27, 2014, 12:40 pm

I'm sure they are basking in the glory of their billables. @:-)
Old May 27, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Oh well.. It's been fun.

Good luck to the original 7..

*sacarsm* Next time I'll be sure to call the airline to make sure it's not a mistake first *sacarsm*

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.