Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] RGN First class comes back again!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: fti
People, please edit/use the wiki so same questions are not always asked.

The current CTA decision on the Yangon deal is only for tickets canceled by SWISS Airlines for the seven merged complaints/companions and tickets canceled by Jet Airways for one complainant and companions
- It's not about other carriers because each carrier submits different tariffs.
- If you are not one of the complainants or their companions above who were mentioned in the respective cases, you need to submit a case yourself for hearing.
- There's currently one person who is on Iberia for CTA decision, one can either wait for results or submit a complaint to CTA.

Result of the current case for LX in brief is:
- CTA found 5(F) in the tariff used to be unclear for canceling tickets on erroneously quoted fares.
- 5(F) is unjust and unreasonable and must be revised or taken down by July 9, 2013 (or SWISS can appeal by then)
- SWISS did not use its tariff correctly to cancel the tickets.
- SWISS must compensate one complainant's First Class ticket and any related expenses by July 18, 2013 provided with evidence.
- SWISS must transport other complainants (and their companions) in the original price charged with same booking class and routing by June 18, 2014.

Result of the current case for 9W in brief is:
- Tariff on file had no clauses for "erroneous fares" and was updated subsequently, which means it is not relevant to this event
- Therefore, 9W is to reinstate the tickets with a 1-year validity for transport between the same points and the same booking class.

CTA official news can be read here for general overview of the case.

Actual CTA case review can be found here for reference should you wish to file a complaint.

If you have a similar case that's with SWISS, you need to file with CTA to get a result through informal process first before it gets to formal process. The entire procedure can take up to 3 months for each and the result may not be same cause it's case-by-base and the reviewer of the case can be different.

To file an informal complaint with CTA, see here. Click through all of the pages to get to the online form for the informal complaint. Or click here.

To file a formal complaint after informal complaint has been closed, see here. Continue on to the next page to see the address or email address for the formal complaint.

The July 17th and 18th responses from LX can be found here:
Other Letters:

Feel free to add dates, flights, etc., in order to plan DOs, etc.

Aug 4: SFO-ICN (UA893)
Jason8612

Aug 5: ICN-SFO (UA892)
Jason8612

Aug 7: SFO-ICN (UA893)
Jason8612

Aug 11: ICN-NRT-ORD (UA78, UA882)
Jason8612

Aug 14: BOS-IAD-NRT-ICN (UA285, UA803, UA79)
Deltspygt

Aug 19: ICN-NRT-IAD-BOS (UA78, UA804, UA352)
Deltspygt

Oct 1: UA433-UA893
JeredF +1

Oct 8: UA892-UA242
JeredF +1

Oct 9: BOS-SFO-ICN (UA433, UA893)
BigJC

Oct 13: ICN-NRT-ORD-BOS (UA78, UA882, UA744)
BigJC

Oct 21: BOS-SFO UA433 to SFO-ICN UA893
Sterndogg +1
flyerdude88 (SFO - ICN portion only)

Oct 23: ICN - SFO UA 892
flyerdude88

Oct 27: ICN-SFO UA892 to SFO-BOS UA286
Sterndogg +1

Nov 05: BOS-ORD UA521, ORD-NRT UA881
kokonutz, I012609, BingoSF +1

Nov 11: ICN-SFO UA892, SFO-IAD UA727
kokonutz, I012609, BingoSF +1

Nov 26: BOS-SFO UA433, SFO-NRT UA837, NRT-ICN UA79
thepla

Nov 27: BOS-ORD-NRT-ICN (UA501, UA881, UA196)
BigJC+1

Nov 29: Planning 2 days in TPE, been to ICN
thepla

Dec 1: ICN-SFO UA892, SFO-ORD UA698, ORD-BOS UA961
thepla

Dec 1: ICN-NRT-IAD-BOS (UA78, UA804, UA822)
BigJC+1

Dec 15: BOS-SFO UA433, SFO-ICN UA893
songzm

Dec 25: BOS-IAD UA285, IAD-NRT UA803, NRT-ICN UA79
Dinoscool3 +2

Dec 30: ICN-SFO UA892, SFO-BOS UA444
songzm

Dec 31: ICN-SFO UA892, SFO-BOS UA770
Dinoscool3 +2

Jan 11: BOS-SFO UA1523, Jan 12: SFO-ICN UA893
margarita girl

Jan 12: BOS-SFO UA433, SFO-ICN UA893
Zebranz

14 Jan: BOS-SFO UA433 to SFO-ICN UA893
ORDOGG

19 Jan: ICN-SFO UA892 to SFO-ORD UA698 to ORD-BOS UA961
ORDOGG

Jan 22: ICN-SFO UA892 SFO-BOS UA500
margarita girl

Feb 5: ICN-SFO UA892 SFO-BOS UA242
Zebranz

CMB-DFW EY F

FARE IS GONE

FARE RULES (thanks to SQ421)
FRTLK Fare Rules (RT)
FOWLK Fare Rules (OW)

WHEN ARE YOU FLYING?
Feel free to add any additional cities you're leaving from!
Please slot yourselves in!!!

ex-CMB
Feb

Mar
8 - Darmajaya
12 - Thaidai
22 - Deadinabsentia

Apr
21 - SQ421, penegal, jozdemir
26 - tahsir21

May
28 - Upperdeck744
29 - bonsaisai (positioning flights SIN-CMB, DFW-ORD)

Jun
12 - lelee

Jul
7 - HansGolden +6
8 - arcticbull + 1
11 - bonsaisai's friend (positioning flights: SIN-CMB, DFW-MCI)
25 - Tycosiao
30 - bonsaisai's friend (positioning flights: MCI-DFW, CMB-SIN)

Aug
17 - DC777Fan
26 - Yi Yang
31 - dcas

Sep

Oct

Nov
8 - harryhv
29 - stephem+4

Dec
6 - roastpuff and (soon) Mrs. roastpuff , JFKEZE (UL Code-share)
7 - DWFI
10 - jlisi984 + dad (CMB-AUH-DFW)
21 - bonsaisai (positioning flights SIN-CMB, DFW-ORD)

ex-AUH
Jan

Feb

Mar

Apr
27 - RICHKLHS

May

Jun
29 - yerffej201

Jul
9 - HansGolden +6
27 - Tycosiao

Aug

Sep

Oct

Nov
30 - stephem+4 (to JFK)

Dec
7 - JFKEZE, DWFI [EY161 nonstop]
9 - roastpuff and (soon) Mrs. Roastpuff

ex-DFW
Jan

Feb

Mar
14 - Thaidai
15 - zainman +1

Apr
25 - SQ421, penegal, jozdemir

May

Jun

Jul

Aug
22 - arcticbull + 1

Sep
22 - bonsaisai (positioning flights ORD-DFW, CMB-SIN)

Oct

Nov
19 - harryhv->Paris

Dec
19 - Yi Yang, jona970318
24 - DWFI (EY160 nonstop)
26 - HansGolden +6 (CDG), LwoodY2K (AUH)
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] RGN First class comes back again!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2013, 5:12 am

Programs: M&M
The Agency notes that, as a fundamental principle of law, a customer is not bound by provisions that are not disclosed in a contract.
This is just telling everyone that while they have to consider the tariff on file, in court the judge won't be.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 5:39 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
YYZC2:

Thank you very much for the great outline. I filed my complaint this morning. What a way to start an awesome weekend
Old Jun 22, 2013, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Now that the dust has settled a little what are those of you with IB issued tickets going to do?

Worth filing with the CTA? I think I am gonna get my complaint in the post. Even if takes 6-7 months.

Can someone kindly direct me towards how to do this?
Old Jun 22, 2013, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Complaint with CTA filed.

All I want is compensation for the alternative ticket I booked for travel on about same dates in August. (I actually needed to fly this!)
Old Jun 23, 2013, 7:48 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; de) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.714 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

So "in case" LX has to reinstate our tickets, do they simply need to arrange transportation from rgn to yul or as per origianl routing booked? I mean can they do rgn-bkk-zrh-yul on LX iso previously booked rgn-kul-sin-fra-zrh-yul for example?
Old Jun 23, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; de) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.714 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

So "in case" LX has to reinstate our tickets, do they simply need to arrange transportation from rgn to yul or as per origianl routing booked? I mean can they do rgn-bkk-zrh-yul on LX iso previously booked rgn-kul-sin-fra-zrh-yul for example?

CTA ordered them to offer open date tickets. I really don't think LX will care at this point in time if you fly via BKK or KUL. I suggest that you file a complaint, go through the process, get the same results as the magnificient seven and THEN select dates and routing. I for one, am asking for a routing back to SAT, not even YYZ
Old Jun 23, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Deltahater
CTA ordered them to offer open date tickets. I really don't think LX will care at this point in time if you fly via BKK or KUL. I suggest that you file a complaint, go through the process, get the same results as the magnificient seven and THEN select dates and routing. I for one, am asking for a routing back to SAT, not even YYZ
Did you even read the ruling?

[82] The Agency, pursuant to section 113.1 of the ATR, directs Swiss to:
  1. Compensate Mr. Brewer, by July 18, 2013, for any expenses that may have been incurred as a result of the cancellation of his ticket, as well as for the expenses incurred for the replacement ticket that he purchased, minus the cost of the original ticket, upon presentation to Swiss of both tickets and all receipts.
  2. Allow the other complainants and accompanying persons (where a signed statement of authorization was provided to the Agency) to be transported, for the same price and in the same class of service as originally booked and between the points specified in the original tickets issued by Expedia or Travelocity. Swiss must comply with this by June 18, 2014, upon presentation to Swiss of the original tickets.
There is no order for open-ended tickets. Some complainants requested open-ended tickets, but none were ordered. As far as possibly different routing, maybe since it only said "between the points specified in the original tickets". That could be interpreted in two ways, either only origin and destination, or every point along the tickets as specified, including connection cities.

I would say they will try to do everything they can to keep you on their metal to minimize costs. If they have to put you on LH or SQ for segments like SIN-FRA, they will have to pay the other airline which I'm guessing they won't want to do.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 10:23 am

Programs: SPG PLT
Can anybody give me some advice on how to cancel the tickets?

The tickets are JL plated.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior

Logic suggests travel between Rangoon and YYY is the ticket being restored, rather than an exact itinerary with its connections (not scheduled stop-overs). As jasonvr points out, bit more logic suggests LX will minimse its costs by making sure as much of the routing on its own metal.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by srt8-blue
Can anybody give me some advice on how to cancel the tickets?

The tickets are JL plated.
Call the OTA. Chances are they will charge you the full cancellation fees.

I had to cancel round 1 and paid the full fees.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr

There is no order for open-ended tickets. Some complainants requested open-ended tickets, but none were ordered. As far as possibly different routing, maybe since it only said "between the points specified in the original tickets". That could be interpreted in two ways, either only origin and destination, or every point along the tickets as specified, including connection cities.

I would say they will try to do everything they can to keep you on their metal to minimize costs. If they have to put you on LH or SQ for segments like SIN-FRA, they will have to pay the other airline which I'm guessing they won't want to do.
It'll be interesting to see what happens. Read the ruling again:

same class of service as originally booked
You can easily get "technical" with them... if you'r thinking what I'm thinking...
Old Jun 23, 2013, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr

Yes, I read the ruling, all 14 pages of it. How do you suppose LX will handle tickets that were issued for dates before today? I interpret that as an open ticket that has to be flown before 6/18/14, given the passengers 1 year to travel.

I do agree with you regarding the long haul on LX. But, the question was if one could travel via BKK via KUL and I don't think LX will worry too much about that.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 4:34 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I'd appreciate people's thoughts on my dilemma.

I have a DL-plated round three ticket. DL has acknowledged (in email via the OTA) that the fare rules permit unlimited free stopovers and no penalties; however, they have stated clearly, more than once, that despite the rules, the fare was erroneous and they will not permit any changes whatsoever, even after the itinerary has commenced. DL will honour carriage but with absolutely no changes of any kind. (All I'm seeking to do is create a stopover at the intermediate point on the outbound, before flying onto Canada.)

I have filed with the CTA and the CTA has accepted the case, asking me to submit a couple of documents, which I am willing and able to do. (This was done prior to the LX judgement.)

My concern is whether DL will be less than impressed that I've filed a complaint and as a result may turn around and say 'Too bad. Now we're not going to fly you at all. Your ticket is cancelled'.

As I said, all I want is a simple date change but I'm concerned that I may jeopardise the whole thing by trying to have my rights upheld in the first place.

I'd be grateful for advice and thoughts.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 4:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by danger

I have a DL-plated round three ticket. DL has acknowledged (in email via the OTA) that the fare rules permit unlimited free stopovers and no penalties; however, they have stated clearly, more than once, that despite the rules, the fare was erroneous and they will not permit any changes whatsoever, even after the itinerary has commenced. DL will honour carriage but with absolutely no changes of any kind. (All I'm seeking to do is create a stopover at the intermediate point on the outbound, before flying onto Canada.)

I have filed with the CTA and the CTA has accepted the case, asking me to submit a couple of documents, which I am willing and able to do. (This was done prior to the LX judgement.)

My concern is whether DL will be less than impressed that I've filed a complaint and as a result may turn around and say 'Too bad. Now we're not going to fly you at all. Your ticket is cancelled'.

As I said, all I want is a simple date change but I'm concerned that I may jeopardise the whole thing by trying to have my rights upheld in the first place.

Why you have to play file a compliant to CTA against DL? I know for facts that some people (>=3) successfully changed their R2 DL plated tickets successfully, including adding a stopover and pushing back departure date. Unless your itin was footnoted by DL agents, what you need to do is simply to call back DL int'l reissue desk to make changes.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by danger

is the stopover that important? I might not risk it... I would probably just try each airport staff to help you out last minute

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.