Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA: JFK-ORD $10ow plus tax 9/4-12/20!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] UA: JFK-ORD $10ow plus tax 9/4-12/20!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
Do you think UA some may reinstate a nonstop flight between JFK and ORD it did fly this route a one time. CO pulled all JFK sevice probably because it's strong dominance of International flights from EWR. UA only flies to IAD, LAX, and SFO from JFK.
UA dropped JFK as a focus city over a decade ago. I doubt it's coming back. (More notably than JFK-ORD was their JFK-NRT/HKG/etc. services.)

JFK-IAD almost all connecting traffic (although I have seen segment warrior 1Ks on JFK-IAD... why they don't take Acela or fly LGA-DCA is beyond me). JFK-LAX/SFO is able to command a large volume of premium traffic.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 5:47 am

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
Originally Posted by dparkinson
Fare is gone. UA has said in past it will honor all mistake pricing.
Yes they have honored past mistakes. US DOT says so too
Old Jun 28, 2012, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by stockmanjr
It's not going to be ticketed just got an email from the big O that they couldn't ticket it..I don't get how you can't ticket when you have seats picked out for me..Now I look like an idiot to my GF ugh..
Cheers
Howie
Yup, just got the email this morning. Damn this sucks, although on the bright side I didn't tell my gf, so no pissed off gf hehehe
Old Jun 28, 2012, 8:30 am

Since the fare is gone and now it's in discussion, anyone have any suggestions on where to stay? I figure Priceline has the best deals, but there are SO MANY 4* hotels in the 2 zones by the loop/river/downtown.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by infamousdx
Since the fare is gone and now it's in discussion, anyone have any suggestions on where to stay? I figure Priceline has the best deals, but there are SO MANY 4* hotels in the 2 zones by the loop/river/downtown.
All the hotels are pretty much the same. They're not that special and the rooms are incredibly small. Even the "deluxe" rooms in the Hyatt by the river are not special and they're expensive.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:55 am

Palmer House is nice. The Intercontinental isn't great unless you can get upgraded to the tower room, but even then it isn't very large - the bathroom is huge though, about the size of the room and there are only 4 rooms to a floor which makes for nice privacy.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 7:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, EY GLD, CM PP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by GrandTower
Great Fare/Great Find:

I have three itineraries on Fare Lock for a total of $12 ($4 per). Anticipate some of the trips may not work for wife, however $4 to lock a $32 OW ORD-JFK itinerary is a no-brainer. Hope it holds. Will keep you posted.

Amazing to think the flat rate taxi fare from JFK to midtown is 1.5x the fare.
Sorry for the delay, however I was able to execute all three itineraries after placing them on Fare Lock on the United site.

The fare is obviously LONG GONE, but my wife and I are looking forward to getting back to NYC three times this Fall for less than $65 pp ai per trip. Thanks to OP!
Old Jul 5, 2012, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
I know a NYC local who will let me stay in exchange for a stay in YVR which he has to take.
Driving there isn't something I look forward to....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.