Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 11:13 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
I wonder if a legal action can be made in the US when booking on an OTA in the UK, and TG as the ticket stock should they decide to cancel?
Old May 3, 2012, 11:16 pm

I doubt they will be checking it closely in RGN as the staff would probably be airport staff and not dedicated SQ personnel.

In SIN, you probably wouldnt have to go through check-in again so u might be safe as long as u got all your boarding passes.

Originally Posted by tracon
I've been F'd over by SQ before on one of these fares.
Will SilkAir be as diligent in checking fares before boarding?
Will SQ check if they are the 2nd segment carrier, with Silk Air being the first?

Lots of talk about legal action from America. Do us Canadians have any legal recourse in this. Specifically the RGN-YVR fares.
Old May 3, 2012, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
For all my Canadian friends, you may be in luck. Contact the CTA and file a complaint.

I cannot underscore enough how helpful they have been to me in sorting out past fare sales.
Old May 3, 2012, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
wow, i hope i don't see vayama or whatever it's called anymore in this thread. at this point is really ke we need to complain about. as for vayama i hope to never see them again. why could you not book with a respectable agency like travelocity in the first place. it met my needs by issuing 3 sets of tickets without the need to worry about forgetting the name. really sorry about ke tickets being cancelled. i hope they pay for this. and i hope that their PR disaster it is just starting.
there will be no PR disaster here.

What's KE (or any other airline that might cancel) actually losing here? Some person buying an $850 ticket when they can sell the seats for $12000? And how many people securing an SQ R class ticket are likely to fork out $12000+ on a regular basis in the future once they have sampled SQ R for the first time under this deal? Not too many I wouldn't think.

And if anyone is sitting at the bar telling their friends about how Singapore Airlines cancelled a $850 ticket in F... you think a single one of your friends will swear off buying SQ tickets in the future? (or any of the other airlines involved in this)

Of course they won't. People will still keep flying and buying tickets.
Old May 3, 2012, 11:39 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Priority Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold, Hertz
I received the same cancellation email as others from cheapo for RGN-KUL-BOM-JNB

Thank you for choosing CheapOair.com.

This is in reference to booking #....

Due to the airlines involved, we were unable to issue the itinerary that you booked. We were unable to find alternate fare options that closely matched the quoted price.

If you are flexible with your travel dates, please call us using our toll free number 866-654-5204, option 2, or forward a copy of this email to [email protected] and provide us alternate dates so we can begin looking for cheaper fare options.

Thank you,
CheapOair.com
Ticketing Department
Old May 3, 2012, 11:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
there will be no PR disaster here.

What's KE (or any other airline that might cancel) actually losing here? Some person buying an $850 ticket when they can sell the seats for $12000? And how many people securing an SQ R class ticket are likely to fork out $12000+ on a regular basis in the future once they have sampled SQ R for the first time under this deal? Not too many I wouldn't think.

And if anyone is sitting at the bar telling their friends about how Singapore Airlines cancelled a $850 ticket in F... you think a single one of your friends will swear off buying SQ tickets in the future? (or any of the other airlines involved in this)

Of course they won't. People will still keep flying and buying tickets.
I think any potential PR disaster comes not so much with cancelling the tickets, but how they do it. Deception, long delays in notifying passengers, long delays in refunds etc. would all contribute to a PR disaster.
Old May 3, 2012, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by azpyre
Hi all,
I've been following this thread closely, all 122 pages so far...

My point is that if I buy an error fare which benefits the TA/airlines, I'm screwed out of luck. But if I buy an error fare which benefits me, the TA/airlines have the right to cancel. Does not seem a level-playing field ...

Appreciate your constructive comments ...
No, you are not out of luck. You can put a fare difference refund request into the airline and they will honor the new fare. See yapta.com, their business model is designed to take advantage of that situation on behalf of the customer.
Old May 4, 2012, 12:00 am

Programs: QF Plat (OW Emerald), DJ Plat, OZ Diamond+ (*G)
Originally Posted by Xplr
No, you are not out of luck. You can put a fare difference refund request into the airline and they will honor the new fare. See yapta.com, their business model is designed to take advantage of that situation on behalf of the customer.
Do you know which non-US airlines accept fare difference refund requests?
Old May 4, 2012, 12:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by Xplr
Oh? But can the consumer charge a reissue fee?

I think not.

Welcome to FT.
Old May 4, 2012, 12:34 am

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
So far my 2x RGN-BKK-NRT-SFO on Thai-ANA-United are still alive. They were issued on NH stock by Ultimate Rewards Travel, and still show good-to-go across the board. My trip starts on the 24th of May, so if anyone is in Rangoon on the 26th or 27th (this is as short one ) hopefully we can have a mini-DO in Burma!

[EDIT] To be honest, NH may not be all that excited to cancel these due to their really large YQ. The fare wasn't actually $30, but $30+340YQ=370. It's what you would have paid for an award ticket if you'd gone through them. Damn that YQ is a stubborn beast. They managed to screw up the fare, but there's no way they're screwing up the YQ

Also, the NH receipt indicates that the Ultimate Rewards travel people are actually http://www.cltsloyalty.com/

Last edited by arcticbull; May 4, 2012 at 12:41 am
Old May 4, 2012, 12:44 am
GmK

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by arcticbull
So far my 2x RGN-BKK-NRT-SFO on Thai-ANA-United are still alive. They were issued on NH stock by Ultimate Rewards Travel, and still show good-to-go across the board. My trip starts on the 24th of May, so if anyone is in Rangoon on the 26th or 27th (this is as short one ) hopefully we can have a mini-DO in Burma!

[EDIT] To be honest, NH may not be all that excited to cancel these due to their really large YQ. The fare wasn't actually $30, but $30+340YQ=370. It's what you would have paid for an award ticket if you'd gone through them. Damn that YQ is a stubborn beast. They managed to screw up the fare, but there's no way they're screwing up the YQ

Also, the NH receipt indicates that the Ultimate Rewards travel people are actually http://www.cltsloyalty.com/
*If* mine is honored, I'll be flying into RGN on the 27th and doing an immemdiate turnaround, but very early in the morning. So, let's see, we might have a chance to meet up

(so far all still confirmed and fine on CMT and the airline websites, TG/SQ/EK/DL on DL stock)
Old May 4, 2012, 1:08 am

Programs: ok+af gf G lh S
Originally Posted by umamy
I received the same cancellation email as others from cheapo for RGN-KUL-BOM-JNB
I also had same itinerary cancelled by TL ! Guess too many carriers, so they couldn't do e-ticket, BUT they've still charged my debit card, which i'll have to deal with on my own later, that's an added trouble..
One thing that p*ss*s me off reading this, is continuous mention of error, and too good to be true fares. As very frequent flyer of over 15 years, it hurts me to see people being so delusional, and with airlines/TA's reading this "Hi2u'all"
it's plain suicidal ! I never posted here, but red a lot. I fly between SEAsia and EU, so US based fares are of no interest to me.
Here's example : now I often fly from central Europe 2 Thailand, HK for 300-400 euros return, and consider it normal. Same tickets bought in Thailand advertise @ 800-1000 Euros rt, and also dare to be called "sale" prices !!
My point is; Some folks here screaming error (and airlines reading) , tells airlines ; feel free to up your prices, we'll bear with it !
Cudos to all those with balls to sue ! IF airlines want to avoid lawsuits , avoid mislead pricing, make it more fix and transparent, as any other transport forms, commodities !
Old May 4, 2012, 1:08 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
JL was unable to cope with tons of fares removal, so they just changed the rule => all fares only allow travel on 1 MAY 2015 now
Old May 4, 2012, 1:09 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM, *A G, IHGClub PlatAmb, SPG G, Marriott G
Originally Posted by GmK
*If* mine is honored, I'll be flying into RGN on the 27th and doing an immemdiate turnaround, but very early in the morning. So, let's see, we might have a chance to meet up

(so far all still confirmed and fine on CMT and the airline websites, TG/SQ/EK/DL on DL stock)
I'm scheduled to be there May 24th. I imagine (and hope) that there will be several visitors on short turnarounds wandering around the airport over the next few weeks.
Old May 4, 2012, 1:15 am

Anyone with a Aust/NZ/South Pacific ticket cancelled yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.