Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2012, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
ok youre right... except from the fact that you cant use AA miles on QR.
QR are joining Oneworld, announced yesterday. Quoted as being 12 - 18 months to complete so QR won't be any use for this fare on AA miles.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rankourabu
directly from a search on the lifemiles website.
What routing is it giving you as only SQ serves MLE but you can't get them through LM?
Old Oct 9, 2012, 4:15 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by lallyr
What routing is it giving you as only SQ serves MLE but you can't get them through LM?
Isn't the SQ availability search re-enable possible on lifemiles via some kind of technical/hack fix by customers? I recall reading a suggestion about that soon after they shut down booking SQ flights via the call centers and mostly via the website.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by lallyr
lol... never mind - when you click thru it goes via IST and BKK
Old Oct 9, 2012, 4:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
hi all - i have an upcoming trip in mid-Dec and am just getting around to booking my BKK-RGN flight. does anyone have recommendations for that flight? based on my search it looks like myanmar air is currently the cheapest at around $180 followed by thai. any other options i should look into?
Old Oct 9, 2012, 5:15 pm

Programs: U/A premier 1K. UA 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by sfoactuary
hi all - i have an upcoming trip in mid-Dec and am just getting around to booking my BKK-RGN flight. does anyone have recommendations for that flight? based on my search it looks like myanmar air is currently the cheapest at around $180 followed by thai. any other options i should look into?
I have had good luck with Air Asia, BKK-RGN. the price varies depending on sales of course.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by gallen5555
I have had good luck with Air Asia, BKK-RGN. the price varies depending on sales of course.
Air Asia should be best ^ from DMK
Otherwise, there is also Bangkok Air and MAI from BKK
Old Oct 9, 2012, 9:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by BrewerSEA
If I were you I would buy a refundable ticket (or book an award if you have status allowing free cancellations) so that my layover in PEK is less than 24 hours. Show that at check-in for BKK-RGN-PEK. Cancel that ticket when you arrive in RGN.
Does it have to be actual (refundable) ticket? In other words, will airport counter agent actually verify if my onward ticket (e.g., PEK-NRT) is valid and then decide to ask me for Chinese visa or not?

May I just book a dummy itinerary (without credit card involvement) from TL and then show it to airport counter agent?

Last edited by lewende; Oct 9, 2012 at 9:16 pm Reason: typo
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:05 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by simonsmith
I have managed to get a positioning flight for my return in January; LHR-IST-BKK stopover 3 days BKK-RGN- PEK; Booked with miles diamond club. Dont ask me why i had to have the last sector! IT was the only way they would let me do it at the time: I want to drop it and just stay in RGN for a few days. BMI having left star wont touch the booking and let me drop the rgn-pek sector. It connects 5 hrs later from RGN; I know i can just not turn up for the rgn-pek flight ; handluggage only but will they want to see a chinese visa in BKK; i will have a myanmar one of course. BKK to rgn is on tg business and rgn to pek china air economy. I could always buy a cheap air asia safety net ticket from bkk to rgn i guess? what would you do??? TX
BEST OPTION

GET A CHINESE VISA... and then throw it away along with the flight.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:50 am

Programs: AF Plat. Ba Gold. SPG Plat. HH Diamond. Miles and Smiles Gold. LH Sen
I received a compenstation offer from Thai Airways 500 USD per ticket. Is that good offer for a cancelled Thay Airways ticket from RGN to USA and South America?

In this letter TG told me that not TG cancelled my flight, but a local office. The local office told me that they had to do this commissioned by TG.. Strange..
Old Oct 10, 2012, 1:27 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
BEST OPTION
GET A CHINESE VISA... and then throw it away along with the flight.
Good advice as long as you don't literally throw away your passport along with the Chinese Visa.

Ironic that you need a Visa for a flight you don't intend to take.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by lewende
Does it have to be actual (refundable) ticket? In other words, will airport counter agent actually verify if my onward ticket (e.g., PEK-NRT) is valid and then decide to ask me for Chinese visa or not?

May I just book a dummy itinerary (without credit card involvement) from TL and then show it to airport counter agent?
I wouldn't risk it. If you have a good agent who pays attention then no fly. Not worth the risk.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Freewilly
I received a compenstation offer from Thai Airways 500 USD per ticket. Is that good offer for a cancelled Thay Airways ticket from RGN to USA and South America?

In this letter TG told me that not TG cancelled my flight, but a local office. The local office told me that they had to do this commissioned by TG.. Strange..
When did you receive this offer? For the current Round III or one of the previous rounds?

It's their Standard compensation I guess. There won't be more. Either it is acceptable for you and you take it or have the DOT intervene.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 6:49 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I wouldn't risk it. If you have a good agent who pays attention then no fly. Not worth the risk.
K, just want to make sure. Thanks.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 7:52 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold
Round 2 is the middle child that is getting neglected now between the Rounds 1 & 3. I think it's good to fly under the radar.

Hope to see a trip report on the ANA Business Jet shortly. Who's going to be first?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.