Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2012, 3:23 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by psyflyer
Did you two o/w's or a multi citi itin?
RGN-XXX will ticket cheaply one-way

XXX-RGN will not ticket cheaply one way.

If you want a return, then you must book it as such.
Old May 1, 2012, 3:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by Spiff
RGN-XXX will ticket cheaply one-way

XXX-RGN will not ticket cheaply one way.

If you want a return, then you must book it as such.
Thanks, was able to price one out. And currently only J is still up for grabs? (can't seem to find F)

ETA: Found F over the pacific on UA and on TG to TYO. Price "jumps" to circa $1500
Old May 1, 2012, 3:25 pm

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
I just rebooked on travelocity. Not as good as the BT one. Will never use that site again. If they ticketed immediately I had a nica BA-flight! Or at least I could try to book it elsewehere!

I now made a connection to my CSA- BKK ticket that is still not cancelled. You never know :-)
Old May 1, 2012, 3:28 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, IHG Diamond, GHA Titanium
my Vayama reservation has been "pending ticketing" since 12.15pm EDT. fingers crossed that it goes through.
Old May 1, 2012, 3:31 pm

HA $699 roundtrip C/F fare between ICN-West Coast was honored by HA, including segments code shared with KE.

I would not even think about visa or making other arraignments to RGN until all the dirt has settled.
Old May 1, 2012, 3:31 pm

cheapo flights has lots of flight options as well.
But the prices are getting higher now it seems.
Old May 1, 2012, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by james84
my Vayama reservation has been "pending ticketing" since 12.15pm EDT. fingers crossed that it goes through.
Mine has been pending ticketing since 11:15pm EDT last night
Old May 1, 2012, 3:33 pm

Programs: AAEXP, BASlv, UAGold, Hyatt Diam, IHG Plt, SPG Plt, HH Diam, MR Plat, CC Gold, Nat ExecElite
Originally Posted by dll
I booked and had a ticketed reservation inclusive of TG, KE and Hawaiian segments on Vayama as of this morning. I checked the pending charges on my AMEX and had two charges as indicated by Vayama - one from them for the transaction fee ($200) and one for the ticket issued on KE ticket stock (about $267) for total $467. I just re-checked and although the ticket still shows as issued on Vayama.com and checkmytrip.com, the pending charge from Korean has disappeared. Smells like they've cancelled the ticket but remains to be seen.
If it makes you feel better, I booked two trips, one on an AMEX card and one on a Chase Sapphire VISA. The Korean authorization is not there on the AMEX but it still is under pending on my Chase account. I'm thinking the one thing that may keep these from being canceled is that it's really not a mistake fare. It's just a 99.2% devaluation of the Burmese Kyat against the dollar since these fares were filed.
Old May 1, 2012, 3:38 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, IHG Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Mine has been pending ticketing since 11:15pm EDT last night
that is indeed puzzling when there are a few people who booked their tickets later and have already gotten it ticketed.
Old May 1, 2012, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
So how long exactly have these fares been around?

Anyway, I see a SQ charge penidng now on my Sapphire card, which doesn't make me happy--I thought when I purchased on Travevlocity I'd be getting DL metal again, but I chose the SQ flight from SIN-LHR rather than the Virgin Australia flight operated by SQ (it was $100 more). I guess that made the difference

Not expecting it to ticket...
Old May 1, 2012, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA
My charge pending is thai....

Last edited by DCA1983; May 1, 2012 at 3:42 pm Reason: reading is hard
Old May 1, 2012, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA ExecP
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
So how long exactly have these fares been around?

Anyway, I see a SQ charge penidng now on my Sapphire card, which doesn't make me happy--I thought when I purchased on Travevlocity I'd be getting DL metal again, but I chose the SQ flight from SIN-LHR rather than the Virgin Australia flight operated by SQ (it was $100 more). I guess that made the difference

Not expecting it to ticket...
Agreed. Oddly enough, I have no UA metal whatsoever - only SQ and DL. Yet, the authorization on my Amex is for UA.
Old May 1, 2012, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
Originally Posted by KevinInRI
If it makes you feel better, I booked two trips, one on an AMEX card and one on a Chase Sapphire VISA. The Korean authorization is not there on the AMEX but it still is under pending on my Chase account. I'm thinking the one thing that may keep these from being canceled is that it's really not a mistake fare. It's just a 99.2% devaluation of the Burmese Kyat against the dollar since these fares were filed.
I just checked oanda and it went from 6 to 1 (Myanmar to US) to 830 to 1...

Like a previous poster stated, the juntas are encouraging tourism!
Old May 1, 2012, 3:44 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by KevinInRI
...I'm thinking the one thing that may keep these from being canceled is that it's really not a mistake fare. It's just a 99.2% devaluation of the Burmese Kyat against the dollar since these fares were filed.
So according to your math the $260 one-way first class ticket I booked on KE was filed as a $520 fare before the devaluation?

Makes no sense.
Old May 1, 2012, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
To those that booked on KE stock, were you able to get a s/o in ICN?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.