Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Turkish Valentine´s fares are back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turkish Valentine´s fares are back

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2011, 11:40 am

Programs: Marriott ,Radisson ,BW & Accor Gold , M&M , AB & FB Silver ,Hertz Gold
It was the same last year - miles were credited to the 1st passenger only ( mine went to Miles & More) - so nothing has changed. I do not see however if the ticket HAS to be issued from the call center (or it could be any Turkish based TA), Anyone knows?

BTW: J class for Biz , A for premium eco , G for economy.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 11:50 am

flew it last year IST- SGN, got all miles credited on BD, even as the "1 Euro Passenger", of course it could theoratically be different this year, but i highly doubt it. just don't credit the flight on M&S, and you have a great mr on a terrific airline

btw tried to book GRU but seats are already gone. so hurry up!
Old Dec 21, 2011, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 700k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
"Get a hunch, and bet a bunch."
Old Dec 21, 2011, 12:52 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Can we get a raise of hands on who did or did not get his/her miles credited to which program? Until now I did not hear of any problems of not getting miles credited.

In 2010 we've successfully credited miles for both passengers to Miles&More.
In 2011 I could not travel.

Update: no issues mentioned in the 2011 thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...ng-haul-j.html
Old Dec 21, 2011, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
If there are two of you, you live in Istanbul, and you want to go to Saigon, Sao Paulo etc, it's a great fare.

At a stretch, it might have attractions for those residing outside Turkey: but given the cash and time costs of positioning, and the uncertainty regarding mileage acquisition, it's not looking very attractive from an MR point of view.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 2:26 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
Is there any way to check inventory online?
Old Dec 21, 2011, 2:45 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus; LH M&M SEN; Hertz Presidents Circle; IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by CAlex
Is there any way to check inventory online?
Expertflyer or KVS.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 2:48 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus; LH M&M SEN; Hertz Presidents Circle; IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by CAlex
I'm sorry I can't make use of it, but don't know why you say this is not the mother of all deals, when you pay ~1300 EUR for 2 (two) tickets in business class, on one of the best C products available...
In the past years, the offer was quite better. 1.300 you will not get for long haul, if you keep YQ and the 75 Euro TSC in mind.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 2:51 pm

Anyone knows, if C ad E+ can be combined on half round trip base?
Old Dec 21, 2011, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind
Thank you, joorinainen, but I'm sorry, I don't get enough of a warm fuzzy feeling from this post to jump. "him", then "she", "they revised the rules", "Probably", and miles can be credited to other FFPs but not to the airline' own "like in earlier years"? I dunno...
It's always like that with TK. Even with normal bookings. Maybe she was saying that "we revised the rules at 16.2" for her to save face when she was wrong at the beginning. This is not unfamiliar behavior for some cultures.

Website + callcenter confirms that the miles can be credited to Miles&Smiles for the first person and the other can't be credited to Miles&Smiles. These are the facts.

Why i wrote "probably" is that with TK you could probably even call to the callcenter and credit the miles for the second passenger also if you negotiate and you are dealing with agent who doesn't care or know. I also don't know for a fact that the miles can be credited to other FFP's but why wouldn't they be? There is no mention on the website about not getting the miles and the fare class will behave as a normal J-fare. This has been done in 2010 & 2011 before.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 3:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Plat, Marriott Ambassador (LP), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Moranguinho
Anyone knows, if C ad E+ can be combined on half round trip base?
it is not possible. It says on the website. I also asked the Agent.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 1:30 am

Last year did IST-HKG in business brought a oneway economy ticket from LHR in economy and then used BMI miles to go business back from IST as it was a new A330 so business was worth it. Miles credited for both passengers to DC I think the only issue is crediting to turkish but if you go and credit them to any other FFP in star you are fine that was my experience last year just go them to add my DC number at check in and everything was fine. Great fare if you are in Europe.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 1:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by pepsii
It was the same last year - miles were credited to the 1st passenger only ( mine went to Miles & More) - so nothing has changed. I do not see however if the ticket HAS to be issued from the call center (or it could be any Turkish based TA), Anyone knows?

BTW: J class for Biz , A for premium eco , G for economy.
Amongst those buckets, only A credits to UA after 1/1? (https://www.united.com/page/article/...,52611,00.html) J isn't even listed anymore.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 3:35 pm

Programs: LH Senator, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Continental website still says 100% for J
Old Dec 31, 2011, 9:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Went last year on this offer and got a great deal in J. Shame i've only just seen this years offer. Does anyone know if there is any availability left as going through the call centre is difficult, better to have some idea first?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.