Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Groupon.ch 160 for 49 voucher and discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Groupon.ch 160 for 49 voucher and discussion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2011, 5:18 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
If anyone is interested in selling a couple of codes (or trading them for miles/points), let me know .
Old Dec 12, 2011, 10:25 am

Programs: UA 1K
OK, this feels like bad news.

Adding to my confusion -- one flight I bought via this travel agency took a while to ticket (about 12 hours). I wrote an e-mail about 8 hours after purchase and was pleasantly surprised to see 12 hours after purchase an automated ticketing e-mail.

But then I got a cryptic reply today from a Barcelona-based agent:
Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting Edreams,

I inform you that your reservation {{MY PNR HERE}} has not been confirmed by the airlines,

Any charges will be applied,

Kind regards
And indeed the reservation which previously showed on checkmytrip.com as having an e-ticket number and "Ticket status: e-ticket processed 10DEC11" now shows an e-ticket number and "Ticket status: e-ticket to be processed". And the flight vanished from my view on continental.com (because my OnePass number was removed from the reservation and my Mileage Plus number was re-added). And the upgrade I had previously applied, who knows what happened there, as I now have two segments, one in coach and one in R. Both united.com and continental.com still show the same e-ticket number as when the ticket was previously issued.

So this feels like a mess, but we'll have to see what happens. I guess the lesson is "don't write in".

EDIT: when I punch in my PNR at https://eitr.amadeusasia.com/index.aspx, I see what looks like a totally legit e-ticket receipt dated today. So I dunno.

EDIT 2: I called both Continental and United, and both say that the ticket has been issued and is OK. In the process, the following things happened: (1) I called CO, who called UA because the ticket is on their stock, and then I got disconnected, and meanwhile the CO reservation ended up in perfect shape and the UA reservation (UA flight #, CO metal) was totally deleted; (2) I called UA back later and they reinstated my UA reservation, saw that the ticket was already in fine shape, and added a note to the PNR saying that I was upgraded; (3) now continental.com and united.com all show my flight OK and eitr.amadeusasia.com lists my ticket fine, but Amadeus's view of the Amadeus PNR says "4649 - This trip cannot be found. It may have been cancelled. (4649)". I'm not gonna call anyone else on this.

Last edited by mherdeg; Dec 12, 2011 at 12:58 pm
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
As I suspected. The Groupon account is deleted, no vouchers/codes in the e-mail, BUT of course the credit card has been charged. I will try to send an e-mail to Groupon, but I'm pretty sure it will never be answered, like the previous e-mail I sent them last week :/
Old Dec 12, 2011, 1:25 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Silver, M&M FTL, Flying Blue Silver, Duna Club Silver
Originally Posted by Alec84
As I suspected. The Groupon account is deleted, no vouchers/codes in the e-mail, BUT of course the credit card has been charged. I will try to send an e-mail to Groupon, but I'm pretty sure it will never be answered, like the previous e-mail I sent them last week :/
Same here They send me one reply though, that they need the email address to forward me my information...its the same email im writing from, duuh! Apparently they lost the account.

I am sending another email and if they dont answer till wednesday im disputing the charge on my credit card.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by jair101
Same here They send me one reply though, that they need the email address to forward me my information...its the same email im writing from, duuh! Apparently they lost the account.

I am sending another email and if they dont answer till wednesday im disputing the charge on my credit card.
I was thinking about doing the same. The really annoying part is that whenever I try to e-mail them, the e-mail bonces back and only once I have managed to get an e-mail through (no response).
Old Dec 12, 2011, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR Gold, IHG Gold AMB
My account is deleted, too…
Old Dec 12, 2011, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Alec84
I was thinking about doing the same. The really annoying part is that whenever I try to e-mail them, the e-mail bonces back and only once I have managed to get an e-mail through (no response).
I e-mailed them yesterday explaining the situation (no voucher codes, credit card charged and account deleted), asking them to either send me the vouchers or reimburse the money. I got an automatic confirmation saying that they've received my e-mail and they usually answer 'quickly' but that it might sometimes take 'several days'. The address I used was info(at)groupon.ch. The automatic reply also gave me a ticket number and mentioned that I could also call them.

I'm giving this a few more days and will try to call them before disputing the charge. It seems other people have gotten their voucher codes once they got through to an agent at Groupon. And hey, I'm a positive guy
Old Dec 12, 2011, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by raphaelC
I e-mailed them yesterday explaining the situation (no voucher codes, credit card charged and account deleted), asking them to either send me the vouchers or reimburse the money. I got an automatic confirmation saying that they've received my e-mail and they usually answer 'quickly' but that it might sometimes take 'several days'. The address I used was info(at)groupon.ch. The automatic reply also gave me a ticket number and mentioned that I could also call them.
As a data point, my timeline for contacting groupon.ch was:
  • E-mail from me to them: Wednesday 7 December
  • Everything suddenly looked OK in my account online: Thursday 8 December
  • Reply from them to me: Saturday 10 December
  • E-mail from me to them with another question: Saturday 10 December
  • Everything suddenly looked OK in my account online: Sunday 11 December
  • No second reply from them yet.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by mherdeg
As a data point, my timeline for contacting groupon.ch was:
  • E-mail from me to them: Wednesday 7 December
  • Everything suddenly looked OK in my account online: Thursday 8 December
Thanks for that! I'm guessing your account never got deleted? Or did it?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by raphaelC
Thanks for that! I'm guessing your account never got deleted? Or did it?
It never did. The problems I saw were that some deals I paid for never showed up in my account, and later that some deals I paid for which DID show up did not get a coupon code (until I e-mailed a second time).
Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:13 am

Programs: IHG Amb, MR Plat, FB Silver
This is becoming ridiculous, I got a response from Groupon.ch to mail my passport copy to an address in Germany. W_t_f? They got my money through Paypal, why would they need anything else? (My account is deleted of course.)

Anyone has a high level contact in Groupon US to bring these Swiss clowns to their senses?
Old Dec 15, 2011, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Viks
This is becoming ridiculous, I got a response from Groupon.ch to mail my passport copy to an address in Germany. W_t_f? They got my money through Paypal, why would they need anything else? (My account is deleted of course.)

Anyone has a high level contact in Groupon US to bring these Swiss clowns to their senses?
I didn't even get that far. Three e-mails (in German), but not a single 'human' response.

I then vented my frustration on Twitter and made sure to include the Groupon US account so that they got the message as well. I've now heard back from Groupon Albany of all places, asking me for my ticket number at Groupon.ch and promising me to 'forward' things. If that doesn't help, I'm mailing in the necessary forms to reclaim my money from the bank on monday. This is becoming ridiculous indeed.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 2:11 pm

Paid with paypal, didn't get a code and account is deleted. Sent an email in German and asked for money back or the voucher. Will not send any passport copies or any of that nonsense, this is not a problem I created and I am not going to risk sharing info like that. I will give it a few days and then dispute the payment with PayPal.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 2:48 pm

Same here. Not a single response yet. I'm not going to call them, since I don't want to spend an extra penny of my money on this. I'll go to the bank early next week if there is no response during the weekend.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 3:23 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by elva
a) 0%
b) 1%
c) 99%

1% because something can always go wrong but I've never had problems with Groupon or other group coupon sites. (When I had a disagreement with some restaurant who sold me a coupon but couldn't make a reservation for a whole week, Groupon refunded the money promptly).
How are these percentages looking this time round?
Seems like there's been a blip this time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.