Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) UA/CO: PHL-SAN, PDX, SEA, PHX and LAS - $98 AI each way

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) UA/CO: PHL-SAN, PDX, SEA, PHX and LAS - $98 AI each way

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2011, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by craz
for Tues-Weds Run (overnight stay) I got it down to .028 and 7026 EQMs , all on UA
Forgive my amateurness, I've been trying to maximize the EQMs for this run. I am in PHL and will do SAN overnight (or 2 night) but I'm not able to find anything with more than 1 stop. Is this just not available or am I not looking correctly?
Old Feb 27, 2011, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
If you use ITA, you should be able to find itineraries with two stops (at least). Using something like:

SAN::UA UA UA+
PHL

You might see routings like SAN-LAX-IAH-PHL, for example.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 10:20 pm

I was using that, just can't find the fares that cheap. Oh well.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 11:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BigErn
i did it the old fashion way (as I usually do) I looked an old SkyGuide and went to SAN to see where UA flew to SAN from besides its hubs out of Cali. seems only SFO & LAX fair enough so back track it 1 theres only 2 non-stops each day SFO-PHL since 1 is early morn thats out that leaves the 2pm something so I simply went segment by segment since I need to catch the 2pm flight I needed something to get me to SFO in time from LAX and then likewise to get to LAX from SAN . Problem is finding the cheap fare basis being available on all the flights. This is if you only want UA metal

If you dont care then checkout say PHL-IAD-BOS-SAN or PHL-BOS-SFO-SAN theres all sorts of combos for alittle less miles and if you have top status you can roll the dice on a 763 or 777 IAD-SFO

ITA is gonna be alot faster but I enjoy the chase

good luck they are out there
Old Feb 28, 2011, 3:25 am

Programs: AA Gold; Marriott Lifetime Silver; IHG Plat Amb; Hilton Diamond
c'mon American... match it!
Old Feb 28, 2011, 6:23 am

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
Originally Posted by BigErn
The fare is good for one-ways, so even united.com will show some routings with two stops. On my days, the two-stop routings came up with a base fare of $73 (which goes into the high $90s on purchase), and included stops in IAH and LAX. For some reason, I had trouble getting united.com to price out the round trip, but it would price easily as two one-ways.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:34 am

This fare pops up fairly regularly, usually on CO.com but all code shares and operated by UA. I myself took advantage of this and starting tomorrow do seven runs back to back, never getting out of the airports until next Tuesday. Wish that domestic RCCs would have showers like at NRT. Not looking forward to it but it will be worth it.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:45 am
Suspended

seems its Dead as Im now seeing $330 as the base fare for 1st week of April
Old Feb 28, 2011, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

seems its Dead as Im now seeing $330 as the base fare for 1st week of April
Aw, you're right. CO/UA pulled all their US-hub-attack fares. The deals from CLT are gone, too.

The good thing about the PHL-SAN fare is that, if history repeats itself, it will come back in some form, probably in the next week or two.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by iahphx
Aw, you're right. CO/UA pulled all their US-hub-attack fares. The deals from CLT are gone, too.

The good thing about the PHL-SAN fare is that, if history repeats itself, it will come back in some form, probably in the next week or two.
I hope youre right since I wasnt feeling that great last night , I didnt pull the trigger since I was playing with a Mon/Tues or a Tues/Weds trip wanted to 1st workout a Hotel either on pts or cheap rate with a shuttle to/from SAN, well I did that and then went to purchase the tkt and Bingo $330

yep the ole adtage still hold strue for today, You Snooze You Loose, I know there was a 24 hr CXing allowed I just didnt want to go thru all of that, yep sorry I didnt. The good thing is its still early in the year and will have just under 50k done by 3/31

and with wanting to do at least 10k per Q for the CR1s Im in an OK postion even w/o SAN
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:12 pm

Programs: united airlines
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
This fare pops up fairly regularly, usually on CO.com but all code shares and operated by UA. I myself took advantage of this and starting tomorrow do seven runs back to back, never getting out of the airports until next Tuesday. Wish that domestic RCCs would have showers like at NRT. Not looking forward to it but it will be worth it.
You're going to overnight 6 or 7 consecutive nights sleeping for a few hours in airport terminals?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hope youre right since I wasnt feeling that great last night , I didnt pull the trigger since I was playing with a Mon/Tues or a Tues/Weds trip wanted to 1st workout a Hotel either on pts or cheap rate with a shuttle to/from SAN, well I did that and then went to purchase the tkt and Bingo $330

yep the ole adtage still hold strue for today, You Snooze You Loose, I know there was a 24 hr CXing allowed I just didnt want to go thru all of that, yep sorry I didnt. The good thing is its still early in the year and will have just under 50k done by 3/31
Yeah, with most of the great mileagerun fares, you snooze you loose.

But I've been buying these PHL-West Coast fares on UA/CO for over a year now and they've been popping up a couple times each month.

That said, yesterday's fare was among the lowest I've seen. I got to about $100 all in. But the "usual" junk fare seems to only be about $10 to $15 higher each way, so it won't break the bank.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But I've been buying these PHL-West Coast fares on UA/CO for over a year now and they've been popping up a couple times each month.
Do you seem them from LAX by any chance (or anywhere nearby, SAN is too far)? I actually do need to go to PHL so last week i checked a few times and it looked rather pricey. I wonder if waiting a few days may bring up a decent fare.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by azepine00
Do you seem them from LAX by any chance (or anywhere nearby, SAN is too far)? I actually do need to go to PHL so last week i checked a few times and it looked rather pricey. I wonder if waiting a few days may bring up a decent fare.
Unfortunately, the junk fare fare does NOT pop up to LAX. I did buy one earlier this year to SNA, but the SAN route -- and the PHL-PHX route -- are the most common.

Leaving PHL, you can usually buy the UA metal PHL-LAX-SAN routing (sadly, it's now been reduced to once a day) and walk off at LAX. Oddly, it's currently not a good way to actually get to SAN because the evening connection is only about 45 minutes now. Any delay -- or a strong headwind -- and you're stuck at LAX for the night.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 1:41 pm
Suspended

Unfortunately, the junk fare fare does NOT pop up to LAX. I did buy one earlier this year to SNA, but the SAN route -- and the PHL-PHX route -- are the most common.

Leaving PHL, you can usually buy the UA metal PHL-LAX-SAN routing (sadly, it's now been reduced to once a day) and walk off at LAX. Oddly, it's currently not a good way to actually get to SAN because the evening connection is only about 45 minutes now. Any delay -- or a strong headwind -- and you're stuck at LAX for the night.
I tried playing with CLD worked better for a hotel for me but it was coming in @ $500+ , also had better times to LAX

for LA like this coming weekend I usually do JFK-SFO-SNA = just under 6100 EQMs while JFK-LAX is 4950 yea JFK-SFO-LAX is also 6100 but I find I can get better car prices @ SNA lately and is a much easier airport to have to use. Car rental is outside and down the elevator no shuttle vans needed. From the gate to outside the term maybe 10 mins max! try doing that at LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.