Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
I am on the CC page but can't find anywhere for a voucher
It is at the top of that page.

I just booked from BOS, making my somewhat pedestrian NYC-WAS-BOS-NYC day now NYC-WAS-BOS-LAS-NYC overnight. Not bad for $50 (I picked a nicer hotel).
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by hotelmotel
No it does not.

Nor does it say this.

As far as I am aware, a Canadian booking is a booking made through a Canadian website, like Exepdia.ca
Somebody should call and confirm this.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, UA 1P
Damn family and their family gatherings! Can't go anywhere because of them. Haven't found anything super-ridiculously cheap from LAX-JFK, but I too have a feeling that expedia's going to try to burn Americans booking on Expedia.ca. If my experiences with their Best Rate Guarantee operators are any indication (forgive the circular logic just this once) I have a bad feeling about this.

Great find though! Makes me wish I were a Canadian, eh?
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Terms and conditions:

Canadian bookings only. Book a flight + hotel package at an Expedia Special Rate hotel in Las Vegas, Cancun, Riviera Maya and Manhattan on www.expedia.ca from 12:00:01AM PT November 20, 2010 to 11:59:59 PM PT November 21, 2010 for travel between November 20, 2010 – December 31, 2010 and receive a C$300 discount on that booking off Expedia.ca's current advertised prices for that flight + Expedia Special Rate hotel package.

You must use voucher code SAVE300 when prompted on the Billing & Delivery page during check-out to receive the discount. Limit of one voucher per booking. Discount cannot be applied post-purchase and is applied after applicable taxes. Valid for qualifying flight+hotel bookings only; new bookings only. No minimum night stay required. Travel cannot begin before November 20, 2010 and must be completed by December 31, 2010. Voucher has no cash surrender value.
I don't think we are in the booking window yet. Not sure how they intend to handle early bookings - they made it live already, but the T and C say it is still to early to book.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Skyteam Elite Plus (KE Morning Calm Premium)
Originally Posted by GrizShel
Terms and conditions:

I don't think we are in the booking window yet. Not sure how they intend to handle early bookings - they made it live already, but the T and C say it is still to early to book.
good catch

Originally Posted by tkelvin69
somebody should call and confirm this.
do not call while the deal is active!
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
Originally Posted by GrizShel
Terms and conditions:

it was send out today. today is pre-sale day. it went to all subscribers of their emails.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
So your credit card shows a refund of 300 USD? Are you U.S. based?
No refund on the CC, but I see in on expedia.ca under my itinerary:
Payment Date Amount Form of Payment Expiration Date Cardholder Name Processed by Purchase Type Action Payment Type

19/11/2010 C$300.00 American Express XXX 20XX BlissWorld Expedia.ca Package Refunded N

19/11/2010 C$300.00 American Express XXX 20XX BlissWorld Other Airline Fee Submitted N
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:41 pm

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
My three attempts have given me the message:

This purchase does not meet the region requirements to be eligible for this voucher. For more information please refer to the voucher rules.

not sure what I am doing wrong.

Programs: Airline Free Agent/MR Gold/ HH Diamond/National/MGM/Amex
While I certainly understand why people are nervous (especially those who books 5 trips ) I don't think that we will have any problems with this. There are a lot of Canadian snowbirds in the US (especially here in PHX). I doubt expedia is going to be doing a lot of additional work trying to find people who take advantage of this deal.

Programs: AAdvantage, OnePass
no charges show up on either card used....just an authorization for 0.00 from Expedia.ca
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:43 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
somebody should call and confirm this.
noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:43 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, OnePass
Originally Posted by Clincher
My three attempts have given me the message:

This purchase does not meet the region requirements to be eligible for this voucher. For more information please refer to the voucher rules.

not sure what I am doing wrong.
Clincher,

This happened to me at first...when booking LAX-NYC, I was selecting a hotel in Newark, thus outside of Manhattan and the coupon would NOT be accepted. Perhaps this is your problem.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
is this still working? if so how do you do this?
do you have to sign up or can you price thru as a guest?
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:47 pm

Programs: AF Plat a vie, EK Gold, SQ PPS
I am getting the same message now as a pp which says your trip does not meet travel restrictions. Is anyone else still getting the voucher to work? And, it was a test itinerary booked from YUL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.