Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Danger Man
DON"T CALL!!!

Refund will not be applied for 24 to 48 hours in most cases.

Print off the screen showing your charge and that will be your proof should you need to dispute. Which you WON'T!
Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
Why would you call Expedia?

Don't call while the deal is still active. If you can't handle any perceived uncertainty associated with the deal, just pass on it.
Originally Posted by travfar
Dude, you have trust issues. Expedia has already told you they issued the refund and even the exact amount. What more do you want?
No need to freak out!!! I simply asked if I should call, never did I state that I had called! Its kind of hard to read through 40+ pages on an iPhone!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:01 pm
alc

I saw a post that state you do not really need to check-in to the hotel, is this true? I know you can do a no-show. But will some of these small hotel charge you any add'l fee for being a non-show?

I see a very cheap BUF-JFK for Dec17 return on Dec18 and again for Dec 18/Dec19. i.e. I can do 2 MR and my cost will be just the parking charge at the BUF airport.. + $3 for the bridge on the border.... which is very cheap way to get 4000 Status Miles into my AEROPLAN account.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by DaveTO
12am EST - let the guaranteed booking begin!
That's awesome. No one cares about what time it is on the East Coast though. It's the West Coast that matters. It starts at 12am Pacific.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:02 pm

Well the deal is still on but I am seeing prices rise by the minute as everyone buys up the inventory...
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:03 pm
alc

not sure if different person have differen't T&C on their screen, my show:

from 12:00:01AM PT November 20, 2010 to 11:59:59 PM PT November 21, 2010

so another 3 hours
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:05 pm

Wait, let me call and see if it is ok to start booking now!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:07 pm

Programs: QF Gold
whats the city with cheapest flights (if i was just looking for activities)
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA/EP, PC/RA
Originally Posted by Danger Man
Yeah, but spkg doesn't....
I don't get it?

Originally Posted by missydarlin
I kinda want to call now just to get spkg worked up some more

Oh wait, I already did
I'm surprised how calm everyone is here at FT, if the same thing happened on a gaming forum, your monitor would likely explode from the amount of profanity.

Frankly i'm surprised the promo is still up, see as how it's got more holes in it than a piece of Swiss Cheese sitting on the no man's land during a WWI battlefield. If i was evil enough, i could probably rob expedia of at least $10,000.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
My card charge and refund have both gone through. Oddly, both amounts are unfamiliar, and the sum of $300 never shows up anywhere, but the net bottom line to me is exactly as promised at checkout.

I'd say if x.ca intended to invalidate today's purchases they would have stopped issuing refunds by now - it's been 12 hours at least.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA/EP, PC/RA
Originally Posted by falconred
Well the deal is still on but I am seeing prices rise by the minute as everyone buys up the inventory...
Yeah, i'm seeing the same thing on EWR and IAD routes to LAS. Sucks for anyone who actually need to go to Vegas (and didn't know about this deal)
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by BearX220
My card charge and refund have both gone through. Oddly, both amounts are unfamiliar, and the sum of $300 never shows up anywhere, but the net bottom line to me is exactly as promised at checkout.

I'd say if x.ca intended to invalidate today's purchases they would have stopped issuing refunds by now - it's been 12 hours at least.
Has your refund by chance posted to your card statement or checking account?

I'm expecting to have to wait until at least monday morning for my bank to pick up an ACH credit.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by davem4
whats the city with cheapest flights (if i was just looking for activities)
Probably LAS but it depends where you're coming from. SFO-LAS is pretty cheap, YHZ-LAS less so.

Originally Posted by spkg
I don't get it?

I'm surprised how calm everyone is here at FT, if the same thing happened on a gaming forum, your monitor would likely explode from the amount of profanity.

Frankly i'm surprised the promo is still up, see as how it's got more holes in it than a piece of Swiss Cheese sitting on the no man's land during a WWI battlefield. If i was evil enough, i could probably rob expedia of at least $10,000.
OMG!!!

I am going to call and tell them that you are going to rob them of $10,000.00. I am going to send them this transcript just to prove it. I can't believe my ears. Someone would actually take advantage of a company. You know with how bad the economy is and all. You are going to put them out of business. And what about all of those poor poor workers. They want get to compete with Captain Kirk anymore. I must put a stop to this.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by spkg
Yeah, i'm seeing the same thing on EWR and IAD routes to LAS. Sucks for anyone who actually need to go to Vegas (and didn't know about this deal)

ahhhh but think of all the bump possibilities on flights in/out of LAS over the next month
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
<removed>

Last edited by tmm1012; Nov 21, 2021 at 1:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.