Wiki Posts
Search

New ITA features

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2010, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by 2FlyOrNotToFly
Well, I finally got it to work in the old version (Matrix 1) by adding
:: alliance star-alliance after my departure city.
It should not work as typed. I am sure you typed :: / alliance star-alliance

I still can't get the alliance limits to work in Version 2...after I get the error message and I return to modify the search, the site has eliminated the " / " from the options box. Perhaps this is relevant?
I just checked and the alliance feature works fine for me in Matrix2. After clicking modify search I find the "/" intact. Could be browser issue in your case, or something else.

Try it again. To make sure we are starting on the same page, you should have four boxes and below them the text "Remove advanced routing codes" (of course, don't click it as you do want advanced options). Fill the four boxes as follows (you can change the airports to your choice)

BOS
/ alliance star-alliance
JFK
/ alliance star-alliance

Fill in the departure and return dates. Look at the four boxes to make sure they still say what you typed. Now submit the query. It should work, but let us know.

Originally Posted by jth
I believe the whitespace after the / is messing it up. Try to just type /alliance, worked for me (in firefox, could be browser dependent).
For me on a Mac with Safari, with or without a space before or after the /, all combinations work just fine.

Last edited by aktchi; Oct 18, 2010 at 12:21 pm
Old Oct 18, 2010, 8:55 pm

Does the cost per mile include 500 mile minimums?
Old Oct 18, 2010, 9:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Spire, HH Gold
Thanks for the new features. I got the alliance option to work OK, but I used the url you specified for the price-per-mile option and I don't see that information showing up anywhere. Where is that info supposed to be showing up? (Using Firefox)

I also tried it later in Chrome, and saw where they showed on each segment's Price, but not for the total cost of the itinerary, but in Chrome it was showing the price in Euros instead of US Dollars.

Last edited by MartinElk; Oct 18, 2010 at 9:46 pm
Old Oct 19, 2010, 2:21 am

Programs: 2FlyOrNot2Fly– that is the question: United Mileage Plus 1P
Originally Posted by aktchi
It should not work as typed. I am sure you typed :: / alliance star-alliance
You're quite correct, Aktchi. I did include the "/".

No matter what I try, I still can't get the "/alliance star-alliance" to work in version 2 when I use Internet Explorer. However when I used Firefox there was no problem. I think you must be right suspecting it's a browser thing.

Thanks for all the help!
Old Oct 19, 2010, 4:45 am
Company Representative - ITA Software
Original Poster

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Does the cost per mile include 500 mile minimums?
No, it does not. Just the actual flown miles, per flight segment (so it is done correctly for "direct" flights with stops).
Old Oct 19, 2010, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MartinElk
Thanks for the new features. I got the alliance option to work OK, but I used the url you specified for the price-per-mile option and I don't see that information showing up anywhere. Where is that info supposed to be showing up? (Using Firefox)

I also tried it later in Chrome, and saw where they showed on each segment's Price, but not for the total cost of the itinerary, but in Chrome it was showing the price in Euros instead of US Dollars.
A few details about this function that may explain the behavior:

Price per mile is only displayed on the screen when viewing "complete trips". In the other modes, like the time bars, there was no room in the display to show it, but it does show up in the pop-up window when you hover your mouse over the price. In either case sorting by price per mile works.

The "price" is not US-centric. PPM is displayed in whatever currency we're displaying prices in. We always display prices in the local currency of the "sales city" that you input (which defaults to "BOS", but we do remember it if you ever change it).
Old Oct 21, 2010, 5:44 pm

Programs: US, DL, BA FF Progs
This is awesome. Thanks much!
Old Oct 22, 2010, 1:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, NW forever
Puzzle #4 doesn't appear in Safari 5. All the others I've tried do.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LTP;Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by 2FlyOrNotToFly
No matter what I try, I still can't get the "/alliance star-alliance" to work in version 2 when I use Internet Explorer. However when I used Firefox there was no problem. I think you must be right suspecting it's a browser thing.
Same here. Works fine in Chrome, but gives me the bad routing code in IE8 (even if I cut and paste the routing code).
Old Oct 22, 2010, 1:45 pm

My thought is this new site is just way too slow. I will be heartbroken when matrix1 is taken down.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by TULOKCICT
Works fine in Chrome, but gives me the bad routing code in IE8...
It might have been the other round if MS had acquired ITA. OTOH MS products have proven quite capable of such behavior with no help from any other quarter...
Old Oct 22, 2010, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL
Way to see per segment mileage?

That would be nice as something in views available. Or am I just missing it?
Old Oct 26, 2010, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA-Gold, BA-Gold
What is the syntax to combine the 'alliance' filter with other faring-specs?
eg: for matrix-2, in the advanced-routing code box, I want to limit results to B-fares (150% eqm's) on star-alliance carriers.
I tried:
/f bc=b, alliance star-alliance

and got the error: 'The search failed with QPX Warning. Illegal faring spec'

also tried:
/ alliance star-alliance, f bc=b
and got the error: 'The search failed with QPX Warning. Malformed SLICE-COMMAND-LINE: alliance expects exactly one argument'

Thanks for the new features!
Old Oct 26, 2010, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by plj496
What is the syntax to combine the 'alliance' filter with other faring-specs?
eg: for matrix-2, in the advanced-routing code box, I want to limit results to B-fares (150% eqm's) on star-alliance carriers.
I tried:
/f bc=b, alliance star-alliance

and got the error: 'The search failed with QPX Warning. Illegal faring spec'

also tried:
/ alliance star-alliance, f bc=b
and got the error: 'The search failed with QPX Warning. Malformed SLICE-COMMAND-LINE: alliance expects exactly one argument'

Thanks for the new features!
You were pretty close with your attempts, you just needed to use a semicolon (;) instead of a comma (,) to separate the different commands.

Note that the "bc=b" only controls the prime booking code of the fare that's used, when you're combining across carriers you may get flights booking into a variety of different booking codes. As I understand it, those class of service bonuses go by the actual booked booking code for each flight.

Last edited by ITA Hacker; Oct 26, 2010 at 4:21 pm Reason: no smileys
Old Oct 26, 2010, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, PC PLT, SPG GLD
Issue when plugging in new dates in multi-city

The new functions are great, particularly cpm.

I am not sure if it's my browser (Firefox), but something odd happened when I was using multi-city. After doing one search I went back to change the dates but the departure and destination changed automatically as I plugged in new dates. Or when I entered a new date, it automatically subtracted one day, every time I plugged in a new date. I even cleared all recent searches, but finally opened a new window and had to start over. It happened to me several times, not with just one particular search.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.