Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) AC: SFO-PEK RT $533 a/i (was SFO-HKG; Cheapo air; min stay)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) AC: SFO-PEK RT $533 a/i (was SFO-HKG; Cheapo air; min stay)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2010, 7:06 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Milage Plan; Hhonors;
i see all the ticketing is from the west...

anyway to wrestle out something from yyz/buf with a needed stop in YVR (true destination yyj) evening 25th through evening 26th or morning 27th?

i can foresee...

buf-lax-yyz-yvr (stop)- hkg-yyz (drop last segment)
Old Apr 21, 2010, 8:46 pm

I have tried calling AC today to have my MP# added to the reservation. The number was busy all day, when I finally got in, I was advised of a waiting time no less than 45 minutes. I hope, this is just because of the volcano situation and I will try again tomorrow. Has anyone else had any problems the lst couple of days?
Old Apr 21, 2010, 9:30 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Milage Plan; Hhonors;
I have never had an issue with wait times. Yes, the past few days it was because of rescheduling with wait times up to 3 hours. Today the rescheduling calls lessened but AC launched a big sale yesterday. My wait was "only" 50 minutes today!
Old Apr 22, 2010, 2:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by crunchy
Assigning seats is hardly a modification to a booking. I never experience this unwillingness to lift a finger at other airlines, most notably not at UA. I always book through AMEX travel for my business itineraries and go through UA to make changes, cancellations, and whatever else while they have the same rule on the books.

There's just a culture of bad attitude at AC IMHO, and not just on the phone. I've experienced it on many many occasions and not just on the phone.
AC staff are from Montreal in most cases, its a culture issue, if you get the call centers out of Montreal you will be surprised how nice and helpful they will be!

for me calling UA call centers im always happy to get HNL, it must be the good weather there they are always nice, when we are suffering in a snow storm
Old Apr 22, 2010, 9:57 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Finally got my order submited and waiting for the ticket number now. Any idea how long it may take for ticketing? Whether it is all done by machinary or there is a human in the loop?
Old Apr 22, 2010, 9:59 am

many of the call centres for AC are in India, But I found if when asked french or english choose French then when they answer they all can speak English and are very helpful. They have solved many travel problems above and beyond for me when the normal wait for english was 45 minutes and I was on a cell overseas.
I was looking for a mile run. I need to be in Houston the week of May 10th or week of may 3 for 1 or 2 days. Is there a way to add a run to this. The ticket YYZ-IAH is $561 direct.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by lax2010
Finally got my order submited and waiting for the ticket number now. Any idea how long it may take for ticketing? Whether it is all done by machinary or there is a human in the loop?
Look at your Cheapoair booking receipt, which you should have received right after booking. Copy the reservation ID#. Then go to checkmytrip.com, search with your reservation ID# and you will see your AC record locator. Then you can double check the itinerary on AC's website and make a call to have your MP# added. AC will send you an instant e-mail confirming everything and you are good to go.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by OnMedic
I have never had an issue with wait times. Yes, the past few days it was because of rescheduling with wait times up to 3 hours. Today the rescheduling calls lessened but AC launched a big sale yesterday. My wait was "only" 50 minutes today!
I finally got thru to them late last night after a 40 minute wait. Call was answered by a very nice lady, she added our MP#s and, although she indicated that she was breaking the rules, assigned bulkhead seats for us. She also mentioned that the 77s on the HKG route were the newest in the fleet and we should have quite an enjoyable ride. Wow, that was easy. Looking forward to the trip and the 20k that come with it at a little less than 3c/mile. Thanks OP^
Old Apr 22, 2010, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
Look at your Cheapoair booking receipt, which you should have received right after booking. Copy the reservation ID#. Then go to checkmytrip.com, search with your reservation ID# and you will see your AC record locator. Then you can double check the itinerary on AC's website and make a call to have your MP# added. AC will send you an instant e-mail confirming everything and you are good to go.
How do you provide your email address to AC so they can send you email to confirm the changes?
Old Apr 22, 2010, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
I finally got thru to them late last night after a 40 minute wait. Call was answered by a very nice lady, she added our MP#s and, although she indicated that she was breaking the rules, assigned bulkhead seats for us. She also mentioned that the 77s on the HKG route were the newest in the fleet and we should have quite an enjoyable ride. Wow, that was easy. Looking forward to the trip and the 20k that come with it at a little less than 3c/mile. Thanks OP^
Is there any trick to get a nice operator like yours? Mine would just give me any thing that comes back from the computer and quoted it is due to the fact that it is a consolidator ticket!
UPDATED: Call back after lunch and answered by a much nicer operator and got moved further up front with the seats I wanted. However, no luck getting the bulkhead seats as thet cost an additional $100.00 each (even if you are UA MP 1K. they don't care).

Since this is a consolidator ticket, does any one in their real life previous experience actually receive UA MP credit for these tickets from cheapoair? Would really want to hear from some one who had actually done it and got full MP credit.

Last edited by lax2010; Apr 22, 2010 at 4:52 pm
Old Apr 22, 2010, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by lax2010
How do you provide your email address to AC so they can send you email to confirm the changes?
I was asked for my e-mail address while being on the phone with the agent. She actually waited until I got the confirmation mail^
Old Apr 22, 2010, 9:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E
I called the Elite number on my AP card, gave her the Ticket number, she gave me back the reservation code for my records, she asked what seat I wanted, I said bulkhead would be great, 2 minutes later I had an email confirming my seat, no mention of $100 fee or anything like that.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Just booked a 3 night trip to Beijing at the end of December for $615 per person out of SFO. Got the confirmation e-mail within a few minutes and now have my AC confirmation from checkmytrip.com. Now I just need to call AC to add my UA numbers and get some decent seats. I'll try that tomorrow...
Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by hsolo
I called the Elite number on my AP card, gave her the Ticket number, she gave me back the reservation code for my records, she asked what seat I wanted, I said bulkhead would be great, 2 minutes later I had an email confirming my seat, no mention of $100 fee or anything like that.
Congrats for having your AP Elite card/number. The bulkhead seat is worth $100 for UA MP 1K.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
Just booked a 3 night trip to Beijing at the end of December for $615 per person out of SFO. Got the confirmation e-mail within a few minutes and now have my AC confirmation from checkmytrip.com. Now I just need to call AC to add my UA numbers and get some decent seats. I'll try that tomorrow...
If the AC reservation agent gives you the BS of only able to give you seat that is assigned by the computer, just take it, say thanks, hang up and call back later to talk to a different agent. That was what I did and was able to move up and pick the seats I wanted, not bulkhead though. It seems like people with AC elite status was able to get the bulkhead seat but not the UA elite member. Please report back if you find any trick or find it otherwise so I can try again. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.