Lowest fare I found 2/7 - 2/8.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Pat89339
LD purchase 1/26/09; travel outbound through 3/27
Fare Basis: SLAXZ72

Less with farebuster.

This is fantastic! What is a "farebuster"?
Old Jan 25, 2009, 2:08 pm

Thanks OP, good fare.

SFflyer123, see the thread on SFO/LAX to SYD/MEL. I hope we don't turn every Mileage Run thread into a discussion of that topic.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by SF_trotter
Thanks OP, good fare.

SFflyer123, see the thread on SFO/LAX to SYD/MEL. I hope we don't turn every Mileage Run thread into a discussion of that topic.
Searched "farebuster" and here's what I got:

Nothing found to match your search request
Reason: Your search terms were not found

Possible Cause: You may have searched for something our search engine has never seen before. Try using a simpler form of the word, for example if you searched for the word "fishes", try revising your search with the simplistic form "fish" instead.

Possible Cause: You may have searched for something that was missed by the indexer. In this case, if you know for certain your search should have found results, notify us and we will rebuild the appropriate portion of the index.

Please try revising your search terms and try again. If you believe your search terms should be returning results, please create a post in the user support forum, detailing exactly what you were searching for and an idea of what you feel it should be returning for results.

With your feedback, we can improve this search tool to be the best it can be!
Old Jan 25, 2009, 2:23 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SF_trotter
Thanks OP, good fare.

^ Agree with you totally here and I even wondered whether or not I should mention it.

SFflyer123, try searching for it as two words if you haven't already read the thread mentioned above.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 2:29 pm

^ Agree with you totally here and I even wondered whether or not I should mention it.

SFflyer123, try searching for it as two words if you haven't already read the thread mentioned above.
Thanks, Pat. I read through 22 pages of that thread. I assume "fare buster" is the same as a "fuel buster" and "fuel dump".

When people ask for simple questions, it's nice to direct them to threads if it is a long, convoluted answer. But perhaps if people were little bit friendlier, they would spend less time and energy complaining about simple, innocent questions and just give a simple answer to a simple question.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Bonvoy
[QUOTE]Originally Posted by SFflyer123
I am still clueless about what fuel dump/fuel buster means? What the heck is this?

You have mail.
[QUOTE/]
SFflyer123 - you asked this same question inthe SF-BKK via HNL thread. dhammer53 says he sent you a PM about this. Did you not get it?
Old Jan 25, 2009, 3:05 pm

Programs: United 1P, Delta GM, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
[QUOTE=UpperDeckJunkie;11140119]
Originally Posted by SFflyer123
I am still clueless about what fuel dump/fuel buster means? What the heck is this?

You have mail.
[QUOTE/]
SFflyer123 - you asked this same question inthe SF-BKK via HNL thread. dhammer53 says he sent you a PM about this. Did you not get it?
SF asks the same question in EVERY thread, hence the snarky responses from people who tire of spoonfeeding information to those who aren't willing to seek it.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Southwest A-List, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the post. Mulling pulling of this MR now. Nice 3 hr layover in FRA and routing though IAD is great for lowering cpm down to 3.8 or so..
Old Jan 25, 2009, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great fare.

For the community's sake, I think we are now better off not mentioning potential UA int'l discounts in the "deals" section and confine discussion of that stuff to the "tricks" thread in mileagerun discussion. I'm sure all dedicated flyertalkers would find it there. I guess the moderators have to get on board for this, right?
Old Jan 25, 2009, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Great find OP!

Thanks, Pat. I read through 22 pages of that thread. I assume "fare buster" is the same as a "fuel buster" and "fuel dump".

When people ask for simple questions, it's nice to direct them to threads if it is a long, convoluted answer. But perhaps if people were little bit friendlier, they would spend less time and energy complaining about simple, innocent questions and just give a simple answer to a simple question.
Just do your homework like we all did to find the answer to your question(s). It has nothing to do with being friendly.

Send PMs if you have taken the time to do some research and still cannot find the answer. I answer every message I receive and I bet most others do as well!
Old Jan 25, 2009, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not seeing this fare in March. Cheapest is $650+ on UA. US has selected dates ex-SFO for $489.

All this according to ITA.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 3:50 pm

[QUOTE=UpperDeckJunkie;11140119]

You have mail.
[QUOTE/]
[QUOTE=90minfromJFK-CDG;11140148]
Originally Posted by UpperDeckJunkie

SF asks the same question in EVERY thread, hence the snarky responses from people who tire of spoonfeeding information to those who aren't willing to seek it.
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Great find OP!

Just do your homework like we all did to find the answer to your question(s). It has nothing to do with being friendly.

Send PMs if you have taken the time to do some research and still cannot find the answer. I answer every message I receive and I bet most others do as well!

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but it was just a simple question. The PM answer he gave me was for "FUEL buster". I searched for "FARE buster" in that Sydney thread. There is no definition of a "FARE buster". I am just asking a simple question: is a fuel buster the same thing as a fare buster? Geez!

Old Jan 25, 2009, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but it was just a simple question. The PM answer he gave me was for "FUEL buster". I searched for "FARE buster" in that Sydney thread. There is no definition of a "FARE buster". I am just asking a simple question: is a fuel buster the same thing as a fare buster? Geez!

Yes. @:-)
Old Jan 25, 2009, 5:17 pm

Too late

LD purchase 1/26/09; travel outbound through 3/27
Fare Basis: SLAXZ72

Less with farebuster.

This is a *great* fare. I was tempted to do it. But I looked at the seat maps, and they're almost completely full. The only seats left on the outbound are the last two rows and the only seats left on the return are middle seats. That would just be beyond painful for me, unfortunately. But it is a phenomenal fare. Thanks for sharing! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.