Wiki Posts
Search

[Merged] UA: YVR-Hawaii (HNL, KOA) from $225 ai

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2009, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by Rad456
One thing to note is that you can have unlimited stopovers on this fare. I checked and you definitely can stops at SFO and possibly LAX for no extra charge.
Excellent for those of us who live in SFO and want to try some hidden city ticketing. Now I just have to find a cheap one-way to YVR...looks like $197 one-way - Ack!

Note: my reservation is $231 all-in from YVR - tremendous! UA pricing at $808 USD for the SFO-KOA nonstops. Insane!

Last edited by Boraxo; Jan 28, 2009 at 10:23 pm Reason: add'l info
Old Jan 30, 2009, 2:25 am

Nice deal. thanks
Old Jan 30, 2009, 5:39 pm

Question Transfer in LAX

Please anyone would kind enough to let me know how far apart between Gate 84 and 68A in LAX?

I have only gotten 30 min for the lay over. Any chance that I can make it at all? Do I need to go through the security check point again?

Inbound UA6078 PDX-LAX ETA 1325L May02
Outbound UA69 LAX-LIH ETD 1355L MAy02

I had no issue ticketing it. Will UA hold the flight for me? If i am out of luck, is the airlines going to help me out?

Much appreciated!

BlackHawk
Old Jan 30, 2009, 6:03 pm

Programs: AC *P
Originally Posted by Black Hawk
Please anyone would kind enough to let me know how far apart between Gate 84 and 68A in LAX?

I have only gotten 30 min for the lay over. Any chance that I can make it at all? Do I need to go through the security check point again?

I had no issue ticketing it. Will UA hold the flight for me? If i am out of luck, is the airlines going to help me out?

Much appreciated!

BlackHawk
You are two terminals away. See here (http://www.airports.ci.la.ca.us/lax/...lMaps.cfm?t=T8) and here (http://www.ifly.com/los-angeles-inte...t/terminal-map).

If you are ticketed, it means that you have a legal connection. If you do not make your flight, chances are UA will book you for the next flight without penalty/fees.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 7:47 pm

Thumbs up Thanks Mudd_stuffin

Just called my agent, in May the LIH flight will actually be departing from terminal 7. The min domestic connection time is 30 mins. So if everything goes smoothly, I may just be able to make it if no security check is involved between the 2 terminals.

It's my first MR. YVR-SEA-PDX-LAX-LIH-LAX-YVR for $238 ai.

Thanks again!
Old Jan 30, 2009, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA GS
Note that there are frequent gate changes at LAX and you easily could find your departure gate moved to Terminal 6. Just be prepared to run. At normal walking speed, it's probably a 15 minute commute.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 10:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Plat
Just a headsup. Someone posted in another forum that they have taken United 375 to 764 a total of 4 times. 3 of those times their bags did not make the 35 minute connection. Pack carry-on wisely.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by mitsou_jpn
I just purchased tickets using this fare. I've trying to book this using .bomb, but the only flight they shown from KOA-HNL is through OGG on a day I want to travel. This actually broke the fare at OGG, not KOA, and thus the whole fare went up. I could, however, find a direct flight using their phone system and the total fare comes to $237.59 ($278.99 Canadian). Great fare.
Just checked today on united.ca and April 27-May 2 is still available. Price comes in at CA$275. Only about $13 more than when I booked when originally posted on FT.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 10:26 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Terminal 8 is technically considered part of Terminal 7, kind of like a second concourse. Terminal 8 is mostly United Express. Terminal 6 and 7 have an air side connection, so you don't have to go through the checkpoint a second time. There is also an underground tunnel connecting 4-5-6-7, but it's sometimes closed.

Originally Posted by Black Hawk

Much appreciated!

BlackHawk
Old Feb 13, 2009, 5:19 pm

Thanks OP for posting this! I booked YVR->HNL->LIH->LAX->YVR for $276 (CDN) a.i. Dep. April 28, ret. May 3. I'm a bit worried about the AC LAX->YVR flight as only Executive class is available on ac.com for this one. I hope we don't get stuck in LAX for a few hours. Does anyone know if Hawaiian airlines will issue seats for this one when we check in at HNL? (the return trip is HNL->LIH->LAX->YVR on Hawaaian, UA, then AC with no stopovers).
Old Feb 14, 2009, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by VictoriaTravelNut
...snip...
Does anyone know if Hawaiian airlines will issue seats for this one when we check in at HNL? (the return trip is HNL->LIH->LAX->YVR on Hawaaian, UA, then AC with no stopovers).
Hawaiian offers online check-in (with ability to assign your seats) within 24 hours of your departure. They also have kiosks at HNL (and the other airports in Hawaii) which permit you to do the same, or the friendly HA staff at the airport will be happy to do it for you.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 1:08 am

So with the online check in for Hawaiian Airlines, we can also check in and select seats for the connecting UA and AC flights? That would be great!
Old Mar 13, 2009, 5:49 pm

Programs: OZ*G
Ua: Yvr-hnl/koa ai: 227.92

Looks like UA has loaded YVR-HNL rather cheap again.

Looks to be a mix of UA or AC and even HA

Departures starting April 20 and Returns by May 3.

Routings are usually through SFO and LAX, but I saw some YVR-HNL directs on Air Can ( but who would want that )

Very cheap run for those located in SEA/YVR.. About 6500 miles per run.

Bookable on .bomb
Old Mar 13, 2009, 5:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Only prices out to KOA, not HNL.

If anyone can price it to HNL, let me know. I've UA tickets booked to YVR-HNL on 4/23 and can use a refare.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 6:11 pm

anyone know how to get this ex-SEA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.