Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

MR Not for the Faint-Hearted, but for the Crazy: SFO-PBI UA/US $254/ai; 09/05-09/06

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MR Not for the Faint-Hearted, but for the Crazy: SFO-PBI UA/US $254/ai; 09/05-09/06

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2008, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA, BA
I'm looking at the simple SFO-PHL-PBI-PHL-SFO routing, departing SFO 10.35pm on 9/5. On 9/6, UA2405 PHL-PBI arrives at 12.56pm, then UA1892 PBI-PHL departs at 1.55pm. Both segments are a US-operated Embraer 190. Is it possible to check if it's the same plane? An MR which follows the plane wherever it goes has always seemed ideal to me, since there's no chance of misconnects.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
To bad the voucher I had didnt allow any involvement of US

But I have the rule that for no purpose MR's I only pay with vouchers and not with cash. The only way I get permission for that from my SO
Old Sep 8, 2008, 12:51 am

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Smile

Hi PanHam, & other MR's doing same run:

Did you not just complete your crazy MR? How was the pain vs mileage gain delight?

I think this gives you bragging rights at the local SF Mega Do 9/26...are you going?
Old Sep 8, 2008, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Absolutely wonderful. Weather no issue - except for not being able to see the Boston skyline during the morning arrival, empty planes, upgrades cleared, US wasn't too bad

Had an amazing time switching airports in DC . . . had some spare hours, and walked around some of my favorite spots, including Dupont Circle to make a trip to my favorite empanada place.

My only complaint of the trip: IAD security . . . slow, and incompetent, as usual.

Just great fun . . . I hope this run surfaces again. I'll take it in a second. ^
Old Sep 8, 2008, 10:44 am

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Glad you had fun; was at IAD myself yesterday...crazy crowds but flight left on time, arrived early at SFO, so all was good.
Old Sep 8, 2008, 12:31 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
I've used the 5A bus numerous times to/from IAD.

Warning 1: it runs only about once every 40-45 minutes on weekdays, and once per HOUR on weekends. See bus schedule here:

http://www.wmata.com/timetables/dc/5a.pdf

Warning 2: partly as a result of 1 (infrequent service), it sometimes runs WAY off schedule (I've encountered it running nearly a whole HOUR late on one occasion, over half an hour late on another, etc.). This could be disastrous to your connections.

You can't beat the price (approx. $3 one way).

Good luck!

I'm glad to see that there is a cheap bus between IAD and DCA. Any bus to a White House for a tour?
Old Sep 8, 2008, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

It's Back!

Hey, Folks,

If anyone wants to grab this run, it's available, once again, for September 26 - 27, on travelocity.com. Same routing - SFO - LAX - BOS - PHL - PBI - DCA - [switch airports!] IAD - SFO. 7,444 EQM, 254/ai. Not too shabby at all.

Had a ton of fun the last time - and, enough time to walk around DC and grab some dinner at my favorite empanada place in Dupont circle.

PM me with any questions!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.