Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

MA: DUB-BKK $303.60 all-in (Business Class)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MA: DUB-BKK $303.60 all-in (Business Class)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2007, 11:04 am

Programs: BD BAEC HHons
Originally Posted by typhoon
Rang AA to ask why I didn't get an email confirmation and to and seat assign myself and they could see the booking ok, then after ages on hold said the booking wasn't confirmed by MA that my CC wouldn't be charged and to contact MA for any more info.

And now... following Kacheng's prompt I see that my aa.com status now says 'ticketed' ...

Still no itin visible however.
Same here: "ticketed" ... maybe it's worth holding off calling Malev and seeing what happens unless your travel dates are imminent?
Old Nov 23, 2007, 11:15 am

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by typhoon
I called Malev and they see my booking and even my seat numbers but looks like it is only a reservation and not paid for, they said call aa to sort it out. There is no ticket number on the booking apparently.
I see it's an AA problem. They are diverting the responsibility.

I get the same answer as typhoon which suggested that MV is happy to book us on their flights (otherwise they won't give us PNR and seat numbers). It's AA who won't process it, why? Obvious answer is that the mistake is from AA (booking tool).

Just like we book a hotel room via a travel agent, it's the travel agent who "charge" our credit cards and the hotel just sell the room to the agent.

Obviously MV won't sell the tickets for $303 USD, the price AA "agreed" to sell us. Now what they are doing is just "passing the ball around)

You call MV they tell you payment not complete, you call AA they tell you seats are not released.

Any of us got one of those 3 parties conversation function on their phone? (sorry I don't) It would be interesting to get the AA agent to speak to the MV agent - and of cos tell them the conversation will be recorded for "training purpose"
Old Nov 23, 2007, 11:16 am

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
Outbound 25th Nov and Return 4th Dec still prices at 303USD each ^

I would love to try... but realistically I can't do it anyway..

Good luck if you want to try ^
Old Nov 23, 2007, 11:23 am

Programs: BD BAEC HHons
Has anyone actually had money taken by AA? According to my online ccard statement no money has been taken, and no funds are held for clearing.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by kinchai
Why do you think it's 72 hrs? specifically for MV/AA?
Said so in the fare rules, I think.
Reservation can only be hold up for 72 hrs
Old Nov 23, 2007, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

is it still live?? I thought I had missed it!!
Old Nov 23, 2007, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by graraps
is it still live?? I thought I had missed it!!
check my post above - if you can get to DUB for Sunday AM?
Old Nov 23, 2007, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OttoMH
check my post above - if you can get to DUB for Sunday AM?

yes ! seems to work fine
cheers, just need to get a companion now
*rushes to call everyone*
Old Nov 24, 2007, 4:46 am

Has anyone successfully flown this? I would hate to be stranded at DUB for 10 days! Actually...
Old Nov 24, 2007, 6:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by k21467
The flights are on MALEV (OW alliance).
This would be 6.315 miles one way, 12.630 return,
may earn 1.5 or 2.0 x the miles depending on your FFP.
Might be worth mentioning that in my experience these companion fares only allow miles to be earned on the main ticket only and not on the companion ticket.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 6:27 am

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
With all the due respect, if the class is valid for mileage accrual, it's difficult to me to figure out how they could say it's not valid. Nothing would forbid them to book the companion fare in a not eligible booking class.
Isn't it?
Old Nov 24, 2007, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by sjharte
Now even the cancelled reservation has been removed from my aa account as if it was never there in the first place. still no actual communication from aa.
So sjharte would have been going out tomorrow but got cancelled.
Who is next?
Im in two weeks, it still says "ticketed" but booking class has changed to "D".
No PNR or ticket number yet.

Regarding to AA.com
"Ticketed" status is indicated when a previously "Held" reservation has had a ticket issued for it. This status may also reflect that a travel agency has indicated that they will be issuing a ticket for this reservation.
I guess it should be safe to book flights to DUB and if not honored you can claim these costs!!?
Old Nov 24, 2007, 6:50 am

At long last got an e mail from AA last night

Dear Passenger,

In relation to your reservation made on www.aa.com we would like to advise you the following:

Flights not on American Airlines, American Eagle, or American Connection are on a request basis only and the request has been denied. Please contact the other airline directly to make your reservation.

Thank you for your cooperation,
American Airlines Reservations

DISCLAIMER: The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. All information or opinions expressed in this message and/or any attachments are those of the author and are not necessarily those of American Airlines or its affiliates. Please contact the sender immediately if you have received this message in error. Thank you.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
Well of the 2 reservations I made...

The 28th Nov Departure is showing status: cancelled

The 6th Feb departure is showing status: ticketed, with seat assignments on 3 of the 4 sectors.

I need to move the outbound forward though. From what people have said this would lead to a reprice ??
Old Nov 24, 2007, 7:00 am

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
Is their anyway to get the ticket number from the AA record locator without calling AA?

Is there a site like checkmytrip I can use?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.