Wiki Posts
Search

MR Help: KUL-HNL-NYC-SEA-KUL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2007, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
MR Help: KUL-HNL-NYC-SEA-KUL

I priced out an upcoming trip and it's all NWA metal for $1400 with the itinerary in the title. I have questions though and thought some experts here can help.

Is this a good fare? I tried SIN and BKK as origination points and fare went up.
I used ITA to try and get a more direct route to HNL from KUL but seems everything has a connection - true?
Are there other websites I can go to and get a better fare maybe even consolidated airfare? I have 2 adults one child for this trip and it's going to be pricey so any help is a plus.
I tried to get the HNL-EWR nonstop on CO but it prices out much much higher by $700

Thanks
Old Aug 8, 2007, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
I think that this really isn't a mileage run* and probably will get better responses in the NWA forum...

*reasons: high price/mile, family along, looking for the most direct flight, instead of trying to make it as long as possible!
Old Aug 8, 2007, 12:10 pm

Programs: AS Gold/SPG Gold/Hertz PC
How can you have all NW metal when NW does not fly to/from KUL?

Originally Posted by JHIN
I priced out an upcoming trip and it's all NWA metal for $1400 with the itinerary in the title. I have questions though and thought some experts here can help.

Is this a good fare? I tried SIN and BKK as origination points and fare went up.
I used ITA to try and get a more direct route to HNL from KUL but seems everything has a connection - true?
Are there other websites I can go to and get a better fare maybe even consolidated airfare? I have 2 adults one child for this trip and it's going to be pricey so any help is a plus.
I tried to get the HNL-EWR nonstop on CO but it prices out much much higher by $700

Thanks
Old Aug 8, 2007, 12:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, and some others

Thanks
Are you looking for a mileage run or a cheap fare? When are you looking to travel? What airline's program are you wanting to credit? Are you looking to have stop overs in HNL, NYC, and SEA? Or Just NYC or some combination?

If you are traveling with kids and want direct, I imagine you aren't really after mileage per se.

Nobody serves KUL-HNL nonstop but if you want to credit Continental or AA, you could go via TPE on Eva, for any skyteam, you could take a cheap carrier to DPS and fly Continental from there via GUM, or if you want to credit to Delta (or Northwest RDMs but NO EQMS) take China Airlines via TPE. Otherwise you are pretty much stuck going through NRT.

IF you want to fly on a full Y fare (upgradeable for low mileage) on the trans pacific segment, check out making the relatively short but out of way jog to CMB Sri Lanka then book Northwest in full Y (150% EQMs). You should be able to make a stop in KUL (or for sure SIN) so you could do your KUL-CMB-KUL separately from the rest.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
I'm not looking specifically for NWA flights and correct not all NWA metal with the titled routing looks like it's Malaysia Airlines to SIN - even found an itinerary for Cebu Airlines to Manila and then pick up NWA from there. Just looking for the best price possible over late November and December - yes stop overs in HNL for about 7-10 days - NYC for about 4-5 days. It'd be great to get mileage with the NWA program and it's partners but fare is more of a priority - it'd my inlaws so sister, brother n law and their 8 yr old son. Thanks
Old Aug 8, 2007, 1:37 pm

Just looking for the best price possible over late November and December - yes stop overs in HNL for about 7-10 days - NYC for about 4-5 days. It'd be great to get mileage with the NWA program and it's partners but fare is more of a priority
Which proves that this ain't no mileage run.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 4:50 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (probably driving while typing: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

JHIN- if you take a look at the stickies at the top of the forum, you will find that specific fare assistance is against the rules of this particular section of FlyerTalk. I would expect this thread to be moved over to the northwest forum, where you may find people more helpful (and friendly). Stay tuned and read through the stickies as well as the wiki which will probably proove very beneficial to you.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
Which proves that this ain't no mileage run.

Which is why I'm closing this thread...

JHIN, as this isn't a mileage run, but more like a request for fare assistance. Please read the stickies to understand the purpose of this forum. As there is currently no outlet on FlyerTalk for requests for fare assistance, I'm closing this thread.

bhatnasx
Mileage Run Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.