Wiki Posts
Search

FR: Intra-Europe flights for 1Euro-cent/1pence all included

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2007, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
FR: Intra-Europe flights for 1Euro-cent/1pence all included

Haven't read that here, but Ryanair is currently running a promotion selling 250000 seats within Europe for 1 Euro-Cent or Pence including all taxes and fees. The tickets are available on a load of routes and only for flights Monday noon through Thursday noon and Saturdays after noon.

Keep in mind this is Ryanair so everything except basic transportation costs money (even checking bags) and they have a strange understanding of geography calling places 50 miles or more away by the name of a big city (e.g. calling Weeze, about 80km out of Dusseldorf, as this city). Look for "Reg fare" with a price of 0.01 to take advantage of this offer.

Use this link to get an easier overview of what's available when...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Jul 11, 2007, 6:12 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat, Hyatt Dia, HHonors Dia, PC Plat
Well, there are some airlines that I wouldn't even fly for "free"...

Plus, since when is Ryanair Mileage Run Deal material?
Old Jul 11, 2007, 6:24 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
Seems to apply only to flights in September and October. Here is a PDF with seat availability:
http://www.ryanair.com/site/notices/Availability.pdf
Old Jul 11, 2007, 7:33 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines, CO Emeritus, United kettle, Ural Airlines Wings, Hilton, National
ryanair could have a sale where they paid me $100 for the flight and I wouldnt take them up on it. As long as the majors are also flying for sub-100 euros it is worth it to fly a carrier that will take care you when something goes wrong.

Besides the annoyance of the carrier itself. (garish colors, downtrodden staff, horrible rural airports) if you get stuck and miss a flight or have a bad connect etc etc.. they will not feel responsable for you. In fact they will laugh and see this as an opportunity to price gouge you with every option they have. (while you are waiting in beautiful Charleroi.)

If you are very very poor and this is your only chance to get some sun & vacation time, well ok maybe an option for you. Business wise they are not worthwhile.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 12:20 pm

Programs: M&M SEN , Hilton Diamond, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by Derrico

If you are very very poor and this is your only chance to get some sun & vacation time, well ok maybe an option for you. Business wise they are not worthwhile.
Well, there is an automotive company located in Germany and Sweden, which "forces" flights with Ryanair between this two countries (FRA-GOT; Well it is not really Frankfurt, but Frankfurt-Hahn/HHN).

From a company perspective (not from an employee perspective) it is worthwile...unfortunately, since, the average price for a ticket with LH/SAS is around Euro 500-700 in Eco (This is the price advantage, since no other airline is flying this route)!
For Ryanair it is between Euro 80-180 (short term booking).
Old Jul 11, 2007, 1:23 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
This may be a mileage run in terms of miles flown but given that there's no FFP associated with FR I am not sure of the utility of the thread here.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 3:52 pm

Programs: TK Elite, *A Gold, UA Gold, Priority Pass Select, Hertz PC, Marriott SLV
Originally Posted by wobbly wings
This may be a mileage run in terms of miles flown but given that there's no FFP associated with FR I am not sure of the utility of the thread here.
I think the best utility this would serve for MR's would be as a repositioning for runs on the BA: BOS-STO ...

Dirt cheap non mile earning fares can help to cheaply get us on cheap earning flights...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.