Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] AA: LAX-GUA, $148+ for May

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2007, 8:11 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by iahphx
It seems like your remark may be sarcastic, but it really is genuinely helpful when the poster names the city. Code is fine for the major US cities and such, but not everyone has memorized every airport code.

I initially wondered whether "GUA" was Guayaquil, Equador. It's not -- it's Guatamala City.

While I knew the Guatemala City ID, I wonder if anyone had GUAm in mind....
Like this could be the start of some HUGE mistake fare or something....
Old Apr 23, 2007, 9:02 pm

Programs: (almost) everything!
Originally Posted by iahphx
It seems like your remark may be sarcastic, but it really is genuinely helpful when the poster names the city. Code is fine for the major US cities and such, but not everyone has memorized every airport code.
Helpful? Yes, but I think it is not necessary to include EVERYTHING (especially) on the thread title. The OP should provide accurate info, (which IceTrojan did enough), but not responsible for this kind of tiny and "own-search" info. Which is important and which is not, these are all OP's decision.

Welcome back, IceTrojan.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
FYI - Fare is still there, though routings are disappearing. I was able to create a 10-seg, 9228 EQM trip yesterday.

Originally Posted by Tclin
Welcome back, IceTrojan.
Thanks... but I always figure you can keep the ship afloat if I'm otherwise in disposed ^
Old Apr 24, 2007, 11:41 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
looks good. i just have to figure out where GUA is now.
Google does wonders: "Airport Code XXX = your your answer"
Old Apr 26, 2007, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Well, this fare is done.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:04 am

Programs: AA, UAL, JetBlue, Delta
Smile Newbie

Um, so, yeah, I have no idea what MPM fares are---or, rather, I looked up the definition and it wasn't helpful. What does it mean? How do you find them?

I grew up with a parent who worked for an airline, so though I've been everywhere, I used to just call and say, "Hey, Mom, will you book me on a flight?"

Can't do that anymore.

I'm trying to get to Guatemala in May, June or July for cheap from NYC. Sad I missed that good fare. Any idea on how I can keep on top of potential sales like that?

Many thanks.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:41 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Ambassador Club,Delta FF,USAIR FF
mpm

Im with you, I dont know what a mpm is either? What does it do? etc? I know how to find out airport codes but mpm?
Old Apr 26, 2007, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA GLD
Originally Posted by LiquidSunshine71
Any idea on how I can keep on top of potential sales like that?
I'd suggest (a) subscribe to the email alerts on farecompare.com for your preferred cities, and (b) check this site at least several times a day. Then act fast when you see something, because the really good deals don't last long!
Old Apr 26, 2007, 12:44 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by kirkpt
Im with you, I dont know what a mpm is either? What does it do? etc? I know how to find out airport codes but mpm?

I'll take a stab at it. MPM means Maximum Permitted Mileage. You aren't limited to certain airports for your transit in your routing. The MPM for this was 2642 I believe but you should be able to go over by 25% and you have the 500 minimum miles per segment.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 10:35 am

Programs: AA PLT->GLD|HH Gold|SPG PLT->GOLD|HGP Gold|MR Silver
Just a reminder to stay on topic, folks. If you don't feel that the OP has provided sufficient information, but are able to share that information yourself, please feel free to add it. If you have a question, go ahead and ask it. Challenging each other, however, is not going to accomplish anything, and is not permitted in these threads.

Dave, a.k.a. dmfriedman
Moderator, Mileage Run

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.