Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] UA LAX - FRA now in August for $425

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2007, 2:25 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HIlton Diamond
Originally Posted by rnocommuter
I think it was a one day sale. I can't thank the OP enough. I had just missed the Cyprus fare last year and couldn't take advantage of other deals posted here. I finally got one^ ^ ^
Weird sale though. It wasn't even mentioned on their website. My brother and sister in law booked a trip as well.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 4:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Spire, HH Gold
Many thanks to the OP, jaymar01!!^ ^ ^

Got SMF-ORD-CDG-ORD-SMF for the week of 8/20/07 - 8/27/07 for $589, all-in. It's $1272 today. That, and the GLON2 award at the Paris Hilton will make for a very pleasant trip.

This will be the first time I've been in Paris in the summer time. The previous two trips were in March, and it will be nice to be there when the plants are blooming, and you don't need to be so bundled up.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by MartinElk
Many thanks to the OP, jaymar01!!^ ^ ^

Got SMF-ORD-CDG-ORD-SMF for the week of 8/20/07 - 8/27/07 for $589, all-in. It's $1272 today. That, and the GLON2 award at the Paris Hilton will make for a very pleasant trip.

This will be the first time I've been in Paris in the summer time. The previous two trips were in March, and it will be nice to be there when the plants are blooming, and you don't need to be so bundled up.
Paris

My first time in the summer also. I had one trip in March and one in May. I'm looking forward to this.

Munich

By the way for the all the Munich Oktoberfesters - what are you doing for accommodation? It is quite expensive. I have started looking around already.

I trust that everybody will enjoy their trips.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by fumitani
They do expire today. I went to my local travel agent and they said that this fare expires today.
the LH fare BOS-FRA, which I booked yesterday, expired last night, according to the fare rules. $476 all in for August is an excellent fare
Old Feb 6, 2007, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LA, WN, SPG Plat, MR Gold
Originally Posted by the_happiness_store

Munich

By the way for the all the Munich Oktoberfesters - what are you doing for accommodation? It is quite expensive. I have started looking around already.

I trust that everybody will enjoy their trips.
I am going with friends who used to live there that have friends that currently live there. In other words, I'll be passing out on someone's couch.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by DukieDrew
I am going with friends who used to live there that have friends that currently live there. In other words, I'll be passing out on someone's couch.
Absolutely smashing
Old Feb 6, 2007, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K_MM, AA EX_PLT Hyatt/Hilton Dia, Mar Gold, IHG PLT, Amtrak S++, Hertz 5Star, Avis First
Am I the only one who took advantage of this over the Xmas and New Year break?
Old Feb 6, 2007, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by JT_BOS
Perhaps. Low W fares to FRA are easy to come by during the winter so the big shock was seeing a fare this low during the summer.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 10:07 pm

Programs: AC, Delta, BA, Hilton
OT: UA Lounge in FRA: Pre or Post-Security?

Now with the flight booked, wondering about the Red Carpet Lounge: Is it pre- or post- security in FRA? (can't tell from either fraport.com or UA.com)
Old Feb 7, 2007, 12:30 am

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by gr8bigc
Now with the flight booked, wondering about the Red Carpet Lounge: Is it pre- or post- security in FRA? (can't tell from either fraport.com or UA.com)
Why go to the RCC when you can go to the SEN lounge?
Old Feb 7, 2007, 10:44 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by JT_BOS
No, I took advantage of it as well. The strange (and great) thing about this fare is that there were none of the usual restrictions around the holidays. The cheap W fares usually aren't valid after approx Dec 21 - 25 but this fare was wide open through the end of the year.

Looking forward to Xmas in Paris!
Old Feb 7, 2007, 11:43 am
gre

Programs: UA-Plat, Marriott-Plat, AAI, AAII
Originally Posted by gr8bigc
Post security in the C terminal. It's tiny and likely to be crowded before a UA flight, but the beer is cold. I've tried the Sen and Business lounges (both *G) in the B terminal but they were very crowded last time I was there. The word is that the LH *G lounges in the A (intraEurope?) terminal are the best but there is an additional security screening to return from them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.