Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] AA: NYC-SNA $129+ (no min)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] AA: NYC-SNA $129+ (no min)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2007, 6:07 am

Location: 1 hour from Khao Yai, Thailand. No longer Bangkok, China, Taiwan , Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
I've been plugging away at some dates and times, but can't seem to find anything departing SNA after 1PM before the price shoots to the 2's and 3's. Anyone find any times leaving later than 1PM?

Wishful thinking that UA would match...

BTW, can someone please PM me the "nice" routings? I was only interested in the straight shot ( ), but needed to get there sooner rather than meander. I'm interested in seeing what else was possible.
Looks gone on aa.com for now. The nice routings (at least to me) were the 8:35PM SNA-SFO to get the redeye to JFK on the 762's and 763's. Makes for a full work day in Newport Beach and some weekend time in NYC. 6100 EQM's RT also.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 8:02 am

Programs: Priceline Titanium
Originally Posted by kennethfine
Recommend:

Not pizza, but Island Burger and Shakes, 59th and 8th-ish, is transcendent. Zagat rated. Try it.

-KF
Has it moved, or do you mean the one on 9th Avenue and 51st? Just don't want the poster to be walking around Columbus Circle in the cold. It's the wrong weather for it but there shakes there are marvelous.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 9:51 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Al's New York Cafe in Newport Beach makes a pretty good NY style pizza, but it's just not the same. In NYC I like Two Boots.

Found a nice routing SNA-SFO-JFK that I'm gonna do. Could get more miles with a DFW routing, but I'd rather stick to the 762/763's.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:18 am

Tclin-very nice -thank you.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:26 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, AS Mileage Plan, SPG Gold
Islands?

Originally Posted by kennethfine
Recommend:

Not pizza, but Island Burger and Shakes, 59th and 8th-ish, is transcendent. Zagat rated. Try it.

-KF
I quickly glanced over your post and originally thought you meant Islands.
http://www.islandsrestaurants.com/

Good thing I checked and found the correct Island. If I have time, I'll it out.

Thanks,
Steve
Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:47 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by rbAA
Looks gone on aa.com for now. The nice routings (at least to me) were the 8:35PM SNA-SFO to get the redeye to JFK on the 762's and 763's. Makes for a full work day in Newport Beach and some weekend time in NYC. 6100 EQM's RT also.
Doh! That's the routing I was looking for... congrats on getting that. I only saw a handful of weekday departures with that route. But most of the good weekend ones (at least on the dates that I needed) were gone within the first hour or so.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:51 am

On AA.com the cheapest now: SNA-NYC-SNA is $280 All-in.

Last edited by best; Feb 2, 2007 at 10:59 am
Old Jan 30, 2007, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
You know, I think my FC is broken... it never showed this fare. Any ideas?
Old Jan 30, 2007, 11:53 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; DL Gold; UA 2P
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
I noticed the same...the fare never showed up on the FT FC page that lets you sort fares by PPM, Savings, etc. Seems like the FT FC page references airfare data that was not updated since the afternoon feeds yesterday.

However the fare was visible on FC when I did a NYC-SNA low fare lookup, and the fare was also listed in the email fare update I received from them.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 9:35 pm

seems like the fare is gone... i saw one for $198 AI this am, but not there any more either.

has anyone been able to find this fare for March?
Old Jan 30, 2007, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
'your' FC? I'm curious what you mean.

I checked on the website and it wasn't on there, fyi...
Old Jan 30, 2007, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by civicmon
'your' FC? I'm curious what you mean.

I checked on the website and it wasn't on there, fyi...
I have FC bookmarked with SNA as one of the departure cities, and I click on it a couple times a day. I never saw the NYC fare on it, even though it was reported to be on FC.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 11:16 pm

Location: 1 hour from Khao Yai, Thailand. No longer Bangkok, China, Taiwan , Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Doh! That's the routing I was looking for... congrats on getting that. I only saw a handful of weekday departures with that route. But most of the good weekend ones (at least on the dates that I needed) were gone within the first hour or so.
Ended up with 2 RT's, checking through 6/1, though my March one didn't have the JFK-SFO on the return. Checked all of my available weekends and only 3/9 and 4/27 were available for this routing at the $129. Even the ticket agent at SNA this afternoon (using some vouchers) commented about the 3/11 JFK-DCA-ORD-SNA return, wondering if that was the best AA could offer. I asked her to check. No change. Better than the 700+ miles in an RJ for JFK-ORD. You would think AA would use at least MD's into JFK. What an EMBarrassment.

Thanks again to the OP. I just happened to see it right after you posted.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 11:55 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Strange... I had my flight on hold and tried to purchase it (before 11:59PM), and got this:

The price of this itinerary has changed since you selected your flight(s).
This happens because seat availability often changes based on demand for a particular flight.

The lowest available total price, including taxes and fees, is now:

Fare: 599.20 USD

I know it's supposed to be 24 hr hold w/ guaranteed fare, so what's up with that? There are 2 pax on my itinerary.

EDIT: I just got off the phone w/ AA, apparently I was off by an hour! Doh!
Old Jan 30, 2007, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I know it's supposed to be 24 hold w/ guaranteed fare, so what's up with that?
FT knowledge bank: Call Web Services, and they'll reinstate the fare (as long as you're still under the 24hr mark).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.