Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help needed in United Fly 3 and earn 25K promo

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2007, 8:13 pm

Programs: EY Gold, AS MVPG, BAEC Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by ngupta
I had booked all my Itin using United.com and used my wife's United VISA. This was is an attempt to gain 25K miles, besides looking to attain the Elite status in United.....
Good going! Its great that your first MR went off without a hitch.
Anyways, if you've set your sights on the Elite status (2P/1P or even 1K), this is not the way to get them. You earned approx. 3200 EQMs for approx. 250 bucks and that's super expensive by any calculation. However, look at it this way - you have almost 30K miles to burn in e-certs resulting in some very, very cheap MRs. You might wanna look at the BUF MR (if it's still on UA) to get some vital EQMs under your belt.

Cheers!
Old Feb 13, 2007, 1:41 am

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by DCBob
I sure hope you were being sarcastic.
Since I'm going through travel withdrawl (haven't been on a plane since 01/15/2007 ), I'm flying LAX-SFO-LAX-CLD-LAX-ONT-SFO-LAX next weekend.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 1:47 am

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by rar indeed
Since I'm going through travel withdrawl (haven't been on a plane since 01/15/2007 ), I'm flying LAX-SFO-LAX-CLD-LAX-ONT-SFO-LAX next weekend.
How did you book that? As several different tickets? I thought it would be cool to visit all of the Bay Area airports on one day by way of LAX but I always get errors. (I even tried staggering through LAX and LAS so there weren't any "nested returns" or whatever the error is that the .bomb gives when trying to make such a route.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 5:27 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Gold
Is this 25K promotion only open to US members? I can't see any details on it when I sign into UA's UK site.

I have some spare miles left in my old UA account which need topping up to make any real use of.

Cheers,
B
Old Feb 13, 2007, 7:57 am

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Brian_1
Is this 25K promotion only open to US members? I can't see any details on it when I sign into UA's UK site.

I have some spare miles left in my old UA account which need topping up to make any real use of.

Cheers,
B
I guess the registration deadline has passed.NExt time!it was open to anyone.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 11:32 am

Programs: UA, AA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.0) 16;320x320)

Originally Posted by frink
Originally Posted by rar indeed
How did you book that? As several different tickets? I thought it would be cool to visit all of the Bay Area airports on one day by way of LAX but I always get errors. (I even tried staggering through LAX and LAS so there weren't any "nested returns" or whatever the error is that the .bomb gives when trying to make such a route.
Yeah, it's multiple r/t tickets.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:15 pm

Programs: Sexy UA 1K
I had a similar experience.
I took SFO-SEA-SFO with only around 30 minute turn-around time in SEA earlier this month. The original itinerary actually involves waiting for a couple of hours, but I got onto the same-day standby for the SEA-SFO flight after I arrive at SEA.

Long story short, the SEA-SFO flight used the same aircraft and crew as the SFO-SEA flight. I was in Y from SFO-SEA and in F from SEA-SFO. When the purser saw me in F, she was surprised and asked me why I was on that flight. I simply answered "I am doing it for the miles." She said "Ohhhh...." and I gave her a wink.

During the flight, I was exhausted and spent most of my time sleeping. However, whenever I woke up, she always came to me and asked me if I need another glass of orange juice. She also constant addressed me by my last name ^ ^ ^ .

I hope to see this FA again. She is superb!
Originally Posted by ngupta
I just finished my 1st MR last night.
Flight #1

01/20/2007---UA0635--EWR-ORD--6:00am-7:24am
(This flight left right on time and got to ORD lil before time. I was concerned about not making my next connection as I had only 40 min. But guess what? When I got off the plane and looked at the departure monitors for my next connect (UA0337), the same flight that I just got off was taking me to ORD from the same gate^ ^ . So no time wasted. But one of the FA looked at me very weirdly .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.