Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New FareCompare Tool

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2007, 4:28 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
http://www.farecompare.com/flights/-...nenonstop.html

is also very helpful. it provides a starting point for the nonstops from a given airport on a given airline. clicking on one of the nonstop (e.g. Los Angeles) then expands out to the page that rosj first posted.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Outstanding work, rosj. ^

Randy ought to award you an honorary Freddie award!
Old Jan 5, 2007, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K,AA
Nice tool.

How about a way to filter for an airline (or group of airlines such as *A) vs. industry? Given I am a UA mileage slave, I am most interested in UA pricing and want to make sure that their pricing is competetive. At the moment, you have to drill in to a specific week to figure it out. It could be done as a second line of pricing with the airline/group to the left of the prices for each month.

Again, nice tool. I look forward to using it more.

cheers,
eric
Old Jan 6, 2007, 1:36 am

Welcome back Rosj. Farecompare has given us a few hours jump on fares lately and some great historical fares.

It is such ashamed that we all have to contend with the surcharge fraud. I have no problem paying whatever the price is, but I don't like the airline deception that makes comparisons impossible.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 2:43 pm

Programs: SK G
Yeah the surcharges suck, i agree with the others that a search box would be very handy too.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 6:23 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by rosj
Yes, our technology supports it, we just need to figure out how to pay for the raw subscription to the data

rosj
^ Well done. I can only hope you mean Non-North American <-> Non-North American flights?
Old Jan 6, 2007, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvatantage Platinum (using Platinum challenge and 2 MRs)
Yes

Originally Posted by jbfield
^ Well done. I can only hope you mean Non-North American <-> Non-North American flights?

I should be more clear, but I meant those fares not touching NorthAmerica.

ATPCO (Airline Tariff Publishing Company, the raw air fare clearing house) breaks feeds up in to 3 categories US/CA to/from itself, touching US/CA both directions and the rest (we don't subscribe to the rest yet, but it is in the plans).

rosj
Old Feb 12, 2007, 8:37 pm

I was wondering if there is an updated version of:

http://www.farecompare.com/search/fl...?departure=NYC

It was my favorite tool for airfare comparison and now that Farecompare has been updated, I get the 'page not found' error message

I was able to sort it by destination, distance, airlines, etc...

I did my first ever MR in January because of AA's FLY06, and looking to complete the 10k by mid-Apr (plat challenge). This tool would would've been perfect but doesn't work anymore
Old Feb 12, 2007, 10:28 pm

Programs: Sexy UA 1K
Are you looking for this?

It appears that the URL you provided has an extra slash '/' between flyertalk and .html
Originally Posted by JCinNYC
I was wondering if there is an updated version of:

http://www.farecompare.com/search/fl...?departure=NYC

It was my favorite tool for airfare comparison and now that Farecompare has been updated, I get the 'page not found' error message

I was able to sort it by destination, distance, airlines, etc...

I did my first ever MR in January because of AA's FLY06, and looking to complete the 10k by mid-Apr (plat challenge). This tool would would've been perfect but doesn't work anymore
Old Feb 13, 2007, 2:09 am

Programs: FB PE, HH Silver, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, PC Platinum, IC RA
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by beamMeUp38

It appears that the URL you provided has an extra slash '/' between flyertalk and .html
Great tool, indeed!

I tried to put AMS (I'm based in The Netherlands, for those who might wonder why I put AMS) at the end of the URL, and it works!

The only problem is that when I choose an option (e.g. PPM < 0.05, or sort, or change carrier) then the message "Either no fares were found or all fares were filtered" appears.

Could this be fixed?

Something which I would really appreciate (I like doing a lot of statistical analysis) is an exportable (may be .CSV) version of the results available as a link somewhere, or, even better, downloadable with something like:

http://www.farecompare.com/search/fl...AMS?export=CSV
Old Feb 13, 2007, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by beamMeUp38

Yes, that's what I was looking for, thank you!!! For some reason, that previous link I posted worked with FC's previous version.

Originally Posted by euge
The only problem is that when I choose an option (e.g. PPM < 0.05, or sort, or change carrier) then the message "Either no fares were found or all fares were filtered" appears.

Could this be fixed?
Perhaps there are no fares with PPM < 0.05 out of AMS. If there are too many filters chances are you will find less options to choose from.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 7:44 am

Programs: FB PE, HH Silver, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, PC Platinum, IC RA
Perhaps there are no fares with PPM < 0.05 out of AMS. If there are too many filters chances are you will find less options to choose from. [/QUOTE]

When I don't apply any filter, fares appear with various PPMs, some also with e.g. PPM<0.05.

However, the problem is that when applying any filter, no results are given.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 9:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rosj
Greetings Folks,

Sorry for my long absence, been trying to get a little startup off the ground the past few months. Things are finally stable so I'll get more time help out here.

We just posted a new "tool" that might be of interest to those who want to see the flights and fares for a market (right now anything touching the US/CA).

You can find it at the bottom of the FareCompare Home Page (you'll have to traverse to your market) or you can use the following style of url, you can make the subsitutions for your favorite airport codes, I'll leave that as an exercise to the user:

http://www.farecompare.com/flights/C.../schedule.html

This page is airport centric and requires airport codes and airline code in upper case, the flight schedules are cut off at max number you can get the full ones at http://flights.farecompare.com.

You can also view the city based market page which has similar information for all airlines but uses city codes (99% the same as airport), it has the lowest 20 or so fares for ow and rt for each airline:

http://www.farecompare.com/flights/B...NL/market.html

You'll note on this page the very nice fare, in our new historical alerts display at the top as well that was highlighted recently.

These tools have the fare code which might be of use to some.

Give it a whirl if you like and let me know what you think, its a work in progress.

---------------
rosj
^
Old Feb 13, 2007, 11:11 am

Great tool, I love the site in general, but I wish it was a bit easier to navigate to all the various tools you guys offer. As an occasional user, I find myself spending way too long trying to remember how to access this feature or that feature. Could you guys add some kind of "tools" page with direct links to things like the Flyertalk tool?

(Also making the URLs case insensitive would be great too.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.