Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Found a good MR on itasoftware, but I can't get it booked... any tips?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2006, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriot Gold

I'm going from ALB to PBI in January and I found the following flights for $220 per passenger:

ALB-PHL-DCA-CLT-PBI and PBI-DCA-PHL-LGA-ALB

Unfortunately I can't actually manage to book them. I called USair twice and both times I was told that they can't enter that many segments into their system. I called a travel agent who would charge an additional $25 per ticket, but even she couldn't find the flights at that fare. I'm debating just going to the airport tomorrow to see if I can get anywhere with the ticket agents. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Brett
Old Dec 15, 2006, 3:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BrettS

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Brett

Book it through Orbitz and complete multi segmant trip exactly as you found it on ITA.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 7:46 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by BrettS
I'm going from ALB to PBI in January and I found the following flights for $220 per passenger:

ALB-PHL-DCA-CLT-PBI and PBI-DCA-PHL-LGA-ALB

Unfortunately I can't actually manage to book them. I called USair twice and both times I was told that they can't enter that many segments into their system. I called a travel agent who would charge an additional $25 per ticket, but even she couldn't find the flights at that fare. I'm debating just going to the airport tomorrow to see if I can get anywhere with the ticket agents. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Brett

You can book it on the USAirways site easily. From the front page, click on the One-Way, etc. link on the bottom. When the next page comes up, click on Multi City. Enter your itinerary as ALB-DCA then DCA-PBI then PBI-PHL then PHL-ALB. You'll have to click on the "Add Another Flight" button to be able to put the fourth one in. You can then see all the prices and connection points for each leg.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriot Gold
Thanks for the advice guys. I finally got it booked using a combination of your suggestions. I tried going to USair's web site and putting in the four combinations you described, Bluehen and I was able to find all of my segments, but it came up with rediculous pricing... over $1000 for the whole trip... even changing to the cheapest flights during those days was well over $400.

I also tried putting the exact trip in on Orbitz, but it only allows a maximum of 6 segments, so I tried to do two one way trips of 4 segments each... that seemed to work and it came up with good pricing, but as soon as I clicked on a flight to book it it came back and told me that the price went up (it almost doubled)

In the end, I took the four combinations that Bluehen suggested and put it into Orbitz and it came up the flights I wanted for the price I wanted.

Thanks again,
Brett
Old Dec 16, 2006, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Not a problem Brett. It's not unusual that you have to work between websites to find the best combination, but on an itinerary like that it's usually a good idea to use the middle "destination" for the end of segment 1 and start of segment 2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.