Wiki Posts
Search

Needed: 4,560 AA EQMs (from NYC)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2006, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat/2MM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist. PA WorldPass
Needed: 4,560 AA EQMs (from NYC)

Had swore to myself that I would try everything possible before embarking on a true "flight to nowhere" MR... but alas, I now find myself 4,560 miles (not points) short of EXP on AA and my one remaining/expected west coast trip is looking less likely every minute. I've plowed through all the stickies and spent hours on the ITA Software search page, but the best I've been able to come up with is a JFK-SFO-JFK roundtip, 12/2-3, for $276.60.

That's not too bad, I know, but I wonder if maybe the enlightened minds on this board could do better. Here are the general parameters:

-- Depart from either NYC airport (JFK/LGA greatly preferred) on AA or EQM-earning partners. Int'l just as good as domestic
-- Available 11/24-26, and the subsequent two weekends (will be on another trip 12/15-17)
-- Also available the entire week between X-mas and New Year's Day
-- Would obviously like to take advantage of DFW or ORD bonuses, but not nearly as important as hitting EXP
-- Overnights acceptable but not ideal. The above SFO fare involves an overnight, so if there are any itineraries that may be tackled within one day (for relatively comparable fare), I'd definitely consider

Thanks to any and all for the help (and routing creativity)!
Old Nov 21, 2006, 11:57 am

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ClipperJCM
Had swore to myself that I would try everything possible before embarking on a true "flight to nowhere" MR... but alas, I now find myself 4,560 miles (not points) short of EXP on AA and my one remaining/expected west coast trip is looking less likely every minute. I've plowed through all the stickies and spent hours on the ITA Software search page, but the best I've been able to come up with is a JFK-SFO-JFK roundtip, 12/2-3, for $276.60.

That's not too bad, I know, but I wonder if maybe the enlightened minds on this board could do better. Here are the general parameters:

-- Depart from either NYC airport (JFK/LGA greatly preferred) on AA or EQM-earning partners. Int'l just as good as domestic
-- Available 11/24-26, and the subsequent two weekends (will be on another trip 12/15-17)
-- Also available the entire week between X-mas and New Year's Day
-- Would obviously like to take advantage of DFW or ORD bonuses, but not nearly as important as hitting EXP
-- Overnights acceptable but not ideal. The above SFO fare involves an overnight, so if there are any itineraries that may be tackled within one day (for relatively comparable fare), I'd definitely consider

Thanks to any and all for the help (and routing creativity)!
AA net saver for this week. JFK-LAX-JFK $199+.4950miles before bonus
Old Nov 21, 2006, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Portland might also be cheaper.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat/2MM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist. PA WorldPass
Allow me to amend my original post (with thanks to Kagehitokiri)... just found an LGA-ORD-PDX-ORD-LGA itinerary for 12/2, no minimum stay requirements, for $219.20 all-in. $.044/mile isn't too bad ($.021/mile with PLAT bonus), and it doesn't require an overnight.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 1:26 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
On AA I would try and force DFW to PDX. Or even better head to LAX and take AS up there. I know your requirement is lower. But if you're paying for a ticket get the most you can out of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.