FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Needed: 4,560 AA EQMs (from NYC)
View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2006, 11:55 am
ClipperJCM

Programs: AA ExecPlat/2MM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist. PA WorldPass
Needed: 4,560 AA EQMs (from NYC)

Had swore to myself that I would try everything possible before embarking on a true "flight to nowhere" MR... but alas, I now find myself 4,560 miles (not points) short of EXP on AA and my one remaining/expected west coast trip is looking less likely every minute. I've plowed through all the stickies and spent hours on the ITA Software search page, but the best I've been able to come up with is a JFK-SFO-JFK roundtip, 12/2-3, for $276.60.

That's not too bad, I know, but I wonder if maybe the enlightened minds on this board could do better. Here are the general parameters:

-- Depart from either NYC airport (JFK/LGA greatly preferred) on AA or EQM-earning partners. Int'l just as good as domestic
-- Available 11/24-26, and the subsequent two weekends (will be on another trip 12/15-17)
-- Also available the entire week between X-mas and New Year's Day
-- Would obviously like to take advantage of DFW or ORD bonuses, but not nearly as important as hitting EXP
-- Overnights acceptable but not ideal. The above SFO fare involves an overnight, so if there are any itineraries that may be tackled within one day (for relatively comparable fare), I'd definitely consider

Thanks to any and all for the help (and routing creativity)!