Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

(Fare Gone)AF error fare: K class (upgradeable) BUD-OMA/TUL/OKC/LIT/ELP/SAT/AUS 196$+

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Fare Gone)AF error fare: K class (upgradeable) BUD-OMA/TUL/OKC/LIT/ELP/SAT/AUS 196$+

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2006, 6:59 am

Routable through tons of Euro and several US cities! 2 free stopovers!

From ITA, I discovered that for an extra $15-$30 (in taxes), this is routable through all kinds of cities in Europe and several in the US. Here's a few that I found in Europe just to get an idea...

MUC, LYS, PRG, VCE, STR, BLQ, DUS, MXP

In the US, you can stopover in DTW, CVG, IAH, ATL, and possibly others (ST hubs that have AF-coded flights)

Last edited by mellowg; May 21, 2006 at 3:50 am
Old May 20, 2006, 7:07 am

Programs: LH, A3, DL, UA, LAN
Nice one, thanks for posting!
Old May 20, 2006, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by mellowg
From ITA, I discovered that for an extra $15-$30 (in taxes), this is routable through all kinds of cities in Europe and the US - probably anywhere Air France/Delta flies. Here's a few that I found in Europe just to get an idea, but you can probably stopover just about anywhere you want...

MUC, LYS, PRG, VCE, STR, BLQ, DUS, MXP
Yes, this can be done; however, it will restrict you to flying on AF-coded flights only. This in turn eliminates any possibility to add more mileage in the US, like going through LAX/SFO.
Old May 20, 2006, 7:41 am

Programs: LH, A3, DL, UA, LAN
Originally Posted by rcs85551
I booked the following on on Expedia.de for 415 including taxes and TSC:

BUD-CDG-SFO (stopover) AF
SFO-AUS (turnaround point) AC operated by UA
AUS-SFO (stopover) AC operated by UA
SFO-CDG-BUD (end of trip) AF
Seems I'm too stupid - I'm trying exactly the same itinerary on expedia.de, played with dates etc. but can't get this nice Fare.
I want to go to Mexico for 3 months, outgoing mid June, return mid Sept. - so my stopover would be 3 months in SFO - from where i'll continue my travel to Mexico - this shouldn't be a problem, right?
Did you book SFO-AUS, AUS-SFO simply as a one-day turn-around?
And did you include CDG in your search? (I guess not as it wouldn't fit into the 5 segments on Expedia)
Old May 20, 2006, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by rcs85551
Yes, this can be done; however, it will restrict you to flying on AF-coded flights only. This in turn eliminates any possibility to add more mileage in the US, like going through LAX/SFO.
But the MPM is 6961. If you go over it (e.g. BUD-CDG-(SFO)-AUS = 7856 mi), then you have to pay an MPM surcharge, no?

That's why your itin via SFO costs 415, as compared to 367 for routings of less than 6961 miles.

7856 (your routing) - 6961 (mpm) = 895 miles each way beyond the MPM.

So, basically you paid 48 for 1790 miles and 2 stopovers in SFO. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

I feel I have missed the point, though...
Old May 20, 2006, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by johnmc
Seems I'm too stupid - I'm trying exactly the same itinerary on expedia.de, played with dates etc. but can't get this nice Fare.
I want to go to Mexico for 3 months, outgoing mid June, return mid Sept. - so my stopover would be 3 months in SFO - from where i'll continue my travel to Mexico - this shouldn't be a problem, right?
Did you book SFO-AUS, AUS-SFO simply as a one-day turn-around?
And did you include CDG in your search? (I guess not as it wouldn't fit into the 5 segments on Expedia)
Search for BUD-CDG, CDG-SFO, SFO-AUS, AUS-SFO, SFO-BUD. Then you need to manually select the flights and make sure you get the AC flight number for the SFO-AUS segment.
Old May 20, 2006, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bummer this isn't available in reverse! I've got an 800 euro AF voucher I've been waiting to burn!
Old May 20, 2006, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mellowg
I feel I have missed the point, though...
The point is that based on the fare rules, you can either have unlimited transfers for online connections (= everything booked as AF flight numbers) or one transfer in Paris + one transfer in the US if you want to mix multiple carriers.

Since there are no AF codeshares beyond LAX/SFO, you need to book this segment as some other airline. Thus, the transfer limitation applies and you cannot have unlimited transfers anymore.
Old May 20, 2006, 7:58 am

Sorry I am to stupid, I want to fly with this fare to PSP, LAX or SFO shortly before X-Mas or two weeks before the ~ 8th of April... I can't find the AC-flight to AUS...

I am from Austria and currently looking for flights at expedia.de

thank you folks...
Old May 20, 2006, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Bummer this isn't available in reverse! I've got an 800 euro AF voucher I've been waiting to burn!
Burn the AF voucher to get to BUD. Then pick up the cheap fare on your own dime
Old May 20, 2006, 8:03 am

Exclamation

For example bookable on German Flight booking site www.flieg-preiswert.de : BUD-CDG-IAH-AUS-IAH-CDG-BUD for 392,- EUR ( site only in German ) on Air France from June,14th - Hune 18th
Old May 20, 2006, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by petfly
For example bookable on German Flight booking site www.flieg-preiswert.de : BUD-CDG-IAH-AUS-IAH-CDG-BUD for 392,- EUR ( site only in German ) on Air France from June,14th - Hune 18th
I would still recommend to book trough Expedia, Opodo or Travelocity, as they issue the tickets automatically. With those tiny sites, they might not be issued until next week - and if AF decides to pull the fare until then, you will be out of luck.
Old May 20, 2006, 8:42 am

Nice find, OP.

Now our European FT friends won't have to complain about the lack of MRs/mistake fares lately.
Old May 20, 2006, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For a "mistake" fare, it's still pretty darn expensive! Especially when you consider that the peak summer days are blacked out.
Old May 20, 2006, 8:55 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
So which would be the best routing if you want to travel on Skyteam airlines only? SFO requires a STAR-segment..

Thanks for the find!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.