Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Good Deal" premium fares

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2009, 3:20 am
Suspended

AA: SFO - CUN . . . . ~ $530 a.i. in First

Not easy to get all legs in first, but the fare (basis "IRT") is there.
$420 ++

Not too bad, especially if you're looking for a challenge run (1.5 x EQP).
Almost Plat in one shot.

(Page 200! Wow, what a thread!)
Old Mar 22, 2009, 10:56 am

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, Marriott and Starwood
Originally Posted by trojanman
PM Sent.

Also, for anyone else interested in this run, I was able to route myself LAX-ORD-MIA-MGA-MIA-LAX for an extra couple thousand miles at the same price. With the DBEQM promo I will now be getting around 15,000 EQMs for $660 ai, all in premium cabins. My MIA-LAX segment is even F class in a 762! How do you like them apples?

Anyone thinking about doing this run in May? Any weekend would be ok
Old Mar 22, 2009, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pokecheckted
Now the question - I have had a tough time getting clear answers to this.
If I buy this ticket but one of the legs is on a one cabin aircraft (like frustraTED), would I get "A" credit for that leg (the purchased cabin) or "Y" credit (the flown cabin). I don't mind E+ for a short hop, but the EQMs are important.
I would suspect that it would be Y, but have heard otherwise. Since the difference is 300% vs. 100 %, it is rather important to me.

BTW, lots of availability for this fare remaining.
Actually Y on LH yields 150% miles but I see your point.

Just yesterday I ticketed my ONT-SFO-PHL-TPA-PHL-SFO-ONT using my voucher of 150$. No problem even though there are codeshares in it. The ONT-SFO leg is in Y here as well !

You should be able to return to LAX, maybe even originate as it is considered Co-Terminal ! Agent at the RCC said no Problem !
Old Mar 23, 2009, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Fyi that UA agent contacted me to change my Aug 28 ONT-SFO-PHL-TPA-PHL-SFO-ONT. Said the ONT-SFO early AM flight was being discontinued, so she rebooked me on LAX-DEN-PHL-TPA-PHL-DEN-LAX instead. Also, LAX-DEN is A instead of Y like original itin.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 8:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
LHR-SYD F 2999 return AI

When I saw this fare, my jaw dropped.

LHR-SYD/MEL in First for 2999 return AI

http://www.qantas.com.au/regions/dyn...lt_cam=uk:3211

This fare is good for flights on the A380!

One stopover permitted in each direction when travelling to Australia. Choose from Bangkok, Singapore or Hong Kong.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA S
Originally Posted by francophile
When I saw this fare, my jaw dropped.

LHR-SYD/MEL in First for 2999 return AI

http://www.qantas.com.au/regions/dyn...lt_cam=uk:3211

This fare is good for flights on the A380!

One stopover permitted in each direction when travelling to Australia. Choose from Bangkok, Singapore or Hong Kong.
J for ~2000 on QF, BA or VS on LHR-SYD. Just crazy cheap prices...
Old Mar 24, 2009, 6:41 am

Programs: DL DM+5MM, AAGold MM, UA 1K+2MM, BA GGL,LH Senator, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, HY Plat
DL offering LHR JFK round trip on ebookers.com for 1007 in Business Class, super fare, plus flights 3 and 4 are operating with the new lie-flat business class seats on the 767-400 starting in april
Old Mar 24, 2009, 11:21 am
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by erasmus99
I'm doing this MR! I hope F is empty and they let me upgrade from Z at the airport.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA 1k, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jgsx
I'm doing this MR! I hope F is empty and they let me upgrade from Z at the airport.

And that C is overbooked.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by jgsx
I wouldn't be surprised if you were offered UFC, but I highly doubt your chances are using a SWU or miles.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GreenFireflyer
Fyi that UA agent contacted me to change my Aug 28 ONT-SFO-PHL-TPA-PHL-SFO-ONT. Said the ONT-SFO early AM flight was being discontinued, so she rebooked me on LAX-DEN-PHL-TPA-PHL-DEN-LAX instead. Also, LAX-DEN is A instead of Y like original itin.
From when on is this flight being discontinued ?

Did you demand to just book LAX-SFO instead of ONT-SFO ?
Old Mar 24, 2009, 9:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by qasr
I wouldn't be surprised if you were offered UFC, but I highly doubt your chances are using a SWU or miles.
Well considering I'm earning 19714 GQM (Global Services qualifying miles), 49285 EQM, and 49285 RDM from this MR, I'll be happy even in dreary business class.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by trojanman
Unfortunately these fares do not allow originination from the USA. Still a decent deal if you can find your way to Great Britain to start! Strangeley, ex-USA fares seem to be full price.
Thanks for the heads up trojanman. I booked LHR to SYD with a stopover in SIN for $2700 on Qantas. Coupled with AA's double eqm for the SPS to LHR leg I will be plat again this year. Thanks so much.
Dan
Old Mar 25, 2009, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
Asia biz sale seats gone?

I've been trying to get a seat on the Asia biz sale (April 6-16th) but no luck.

So far I've done a flex search on ua.com to both SIN and BKK from IAD(home airport), JFK, BOS, ORD, DEN, LAX, SFO and SEA.

There don't appear to be any seats available. Is there some other way to search for these seats or would using a non-gateway airport yield something?

Last edited by nor4; Mar 25, 2009 at 9:53 am
Old Mar 25, 2009, 9:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nor4
I've been trying to get a seat on the Asia biz sale (April 6-16th) but no luck.

So far I've done a flex search on ua.com to both SIN and BKK from IAD(home airport), JFK, BOS, ORD, DEN, LAX, SFO and SEA.

There don't appear to be any seats available. Is there some other way to search for these seats or would using a non-gateway airport yield something?

This would get me back to 1K with the DEQM so I'm willing to connect through anywhere.
I still see lots of availability for SFO/BKK in business. $2813.50

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.